2023-2024 NCAA Women's Basketball

5,726 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No surprise. Coach Kellogg (20-2) is fastest coach in WVU to 20 wins. Only coach to have 20 in his first season. Current longest winning streak in BIG12. Going to Baylor Saturday.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

No surprise. Coach Kellogg (20-2) is fastest coach in WVU to 20 wins. Only coach to have 20 in his first season. Current longest winning streak in BIG12. Going to Baylor Saturday.
One of the most personable, hardest working coaches in the business. Men or women. He attracts high quality assistants and staff. Great family. He wasn't leaving Nacogdoches for any job, passing on some that weren't the right next step. I'm happy it's working well for him.
nacluth
WVU knocks off #23 OU who currently leads the BIG12.
Jordan had 9 assists and 10 points narrowly missing the double double.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

WVU knocks off #23 OU who currently leads the BIG12.
Jordan had 9 assists and 10 points narrowly missing the double double.
Jordan didn't shoot well (2-10), but when the shot isn't falling, she doesn't let it affect the rest of her game. The 9 assists on only 2 turnovers, with 6 rebounds, and 4 steals.

Only a sophomore. Comfortably, one of the top 20 PG's in the country. If not higher than that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jordan Harrison named Big 12 Second Team All-Conference and Defensive First Team. Outstanding!

Undoubtedly would have been POY in the WAC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Rice, which SFA handled rather easily early in the season, punched their ticket to the Big Dance today by winning the AAC with a 61-41 win over East Carolina.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Mark Kellogg put himself in the spotlight yesterday when he said that his WVU women will send Caitlin Clark and Iowa "packin'" in the 2nd round of the NCAA's.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Mark Kellogg put himself in the spotlight yesterday when he said that his WVU women will send Caitlin Clark and Iowa "packin'" in the 2nd round of the NCAA's.
I am here for it! But also, that bracket....eeeeek! That's the most exciting bracket to watch. They did some teams dirty there.
nacluth
Ok, I'm trusting Mark and I just picked him to go to the Final Four. But I also picked CBU to make the Sweet 16, so maybe you shouldn't follow my bracket.
Pilotgirl
CBU over UCLA??!!
nacluth
Oh I don't think they can really do it , but I make myself pick some shockers. I think if CBU can start raining threes and playing some hustle defense, it's possible.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

CBU over UCLA??!!

And WVU in the Final Four?

That nacluth fellow has been smelling too much paint thinner again.
Pilotgirl
Tomeika Whitman, from SUU, is in the transfer portal...
Pilotgirl
Huge loss for the Lopes:
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jordan Harrison, Coach Kellogg, and West Virginia playing Princeton at 4:45 today on ESPN2.

If we can't root for SFA might as well root for the Mountaineers.
nacluth
Struggling early. Can't get into offensive flow. Also Kellogg has some legitimate gripes the fouls being called. Refs are helping the Ivy League right now.
nacluth
Harrison with a clutch three to close the half and win the second. Win two more quarters and win.
Pilotgirl
WVU wins...will play Iowa on Monday night!
nacluth
The last two SFA head coaches won with their Big12 teams. Glad to see them have success.
Pilotgirl
UCLA beats CBU by 29 points and advance to play Creighton.
Pilotgirl
Sure hope yall are tuning into some of these amazing WBB games, too! Iowa St vs Stanford was an instant classic and the Duke wbb game was amazing, too!

WVU plays Iowa tonight at 7 pm.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Sure hope yall are tuning into some of these amazing WBB games, too! Iowa St vs Stanford was an instant classic and the Duke wbb game was amazing, too!

WVU plays Iowa tonight at 7 pm.

I'll be watching. This is the game that Kellogg said WVU will be sending Iowa and Miss Clark "packin'". That'll be a tough assignment. Maybe Jordan can swipe a few of her passes and get a few steals. We shall see.
nacluth
WVU has held Iowa to their lowest half and lowest quarter scores of the year. They won the second quarter. They have to keep winning them. 26-24 Iowa half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

WVU has held Iowa to their lowest half and lowest quarter scores of the year. They won the second quarter. They have to keep winning them. 26-24 Iowa half.

Our girl Jordan Harrison hasn't even attempted a shot, despite being wide open a few times. What's up with that??

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Our girl Jordan Harrison hasn't even attempted a shot, despite being wide open a few times. What's up with that??

Jordan is an amazing ball handler. She handles a basketball with such ease it's as if the ball is the size of a softball. She moves around the court so smoothly, too. Man, I miss her at SFA.
nacluth
Iowa in a physical game has been called for 4 fouls in the last 25 minutes of play while WV has been called for 14.
nacluth
If you're not watching this WV v. Caitlin Clark game, you're missing out. This is a great game with a crowd that has been it from the get go. Kellogg and team are doing something special. West Virginia AD is loving this hire.
TallTexan
That was a heck of a game.

WVU just couldn't beat back 30 FT attempts to their 5.
nacluth
Yep. Foul differential was the game. WVU left it all out there. Great game to watch.
jboy93
TallTexan said:

I love that women have home games at the beginning but there is no excuse in the difference in fouls called. Almost half of Iowa's points from the foul line.
djsfw57
jboy93 said:

TallTexan said:

I love that women have home games at the beginning but there is no excuse in the difference in fouls called. Almost half of Iowa's points from the foul line.
The women having home games in the NCAA tournament is one of the things I am vehemently against. I understood it during the days when women's teams had little support and small crowds. That is no longer the case. It give an unfair advantage to teams that already have the most advantages.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFA Jack Fanatic
Good points, and I agree. Played on a neutral court, WVU probably would have won that game.

BTW, WVU has a good core of players coming back next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the Big 12 preseason favorites, with UT and OU leaving the conference and out of the way.
Pilotgirl
Watch out for Iowa St too....they have a young team returning as well
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Watch out for Iowa St too....they have a young team returning as well

Yes. Their center. She's only going to get better.
SFAJack_76
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.