2022-2023 NCAA Men's Basketball

17,228 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
North Texas 75, Prison Tech 55. LOVE IT!
nacluth
Princeton at the 15 seed is the only double digit seed to make the Sweet 16 and FAU is the only other team in the lower half. A very favorite heavy field.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

North Texas 75, Prison Tech 55. LOVE IT!
I tried to feel bad for them.

The end.
No-look
UVU is playing some serious basketball right now.
SFAXE93
UVU should be in the NCAA Tourney representing the WAC.
TallTexan
WAC has been having a good postseason in both men and women's basketball.

Really speaks to how much the conference has improved. I know they won't consider us for 2 bids unless someone is like 30-3 and loses in the championship game, but hopefully it'll help us move the needle in the conversation in there direction.
PurpleOut
Staff
Demarcus Sharp from Northwestern State is in the portal. He'll likely get a ton of offers, but we should be all over that.
SFAXE93
Demarcus Sharp 6-3 (Sr.)

2022-23
- Averaged 20 points a game
- Season high 40 points at A&M CC.
- Back to back 30 plus point games (6 games for the season) at SFA and Southern Miss.
- .547 from 3 point range
- .807 free throw
- 5 AST a game average
PurpleOut
Staff
In one day, St. Francis Brooklyn had 10 players go into the portal.

So ridiculous.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

In one day, St. Francis Brooklyn had 10 players go into the portal.

So ridiculous.

All St Francis Brooklyn athletes are gonna be in the portal. They announced yesterday they're ceasing athletics completely.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
TallTexan
If the McCasland to Tech rumors are true, I wouldn't be surprised to see Keller as a candidate for UNT.
jboy93
I feel big changes are coming our way this off season!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SUU loses to Eastern Kentucky 108-106 in 2 OT's in the CBI semis.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SUU loses to Eastern Kentucky 108-106 in 2 OT's in the CBI semis.
SUU gave that one away with a rash of turnovers in regulation. Had a seven point lead
Jacks4460
jboy93 said:

I am with you jboy93.. I just feel it..
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

jboy93 said:

I am with you jboy93.. I just feel it..

Changes, from a strategic perspective? Personnel? Other ?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Just stop it! Lol
SFAXE93
jboy93
I saw a report that said Hooten was in line to get the New Mexico State job at $400k/year and that he was only getting $243 at Sam. That seems very low for being there for so long and relatively successful?
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

I saw a report that said Hooten was in line to get the New Mexico State job at $400k/year and that he was only getting $243 at Sam. That seems very low for being there for so long and relatively successful?

Internal hire so they probably started him out pretty low.

I wonder what the average is for the WAC.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Sam is the place that doesn't send spirit squads or a band to the WAC tournament because of money. The only school in the conference that didn't. Also, couldn't figure out how to host a home NIT game. If it's not football, they really don't care.
Jacks4460
Big Jack85 I feel personnel. some just arent happy and it is ok.. Hopefully happiness is found and we move forward.. I am a Coach Keller fan by the way.. He has done so much for our program on the NBA scout respect level.. I know he knows what he is doing... We just need to get over this mediocracy we are on right now..
Jacks4460
Tell em 76.. You are spot on there... Their football budget is very large... Training table just for the football team.. thats huge.. We are going to get there..
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

Big Jack85 I feel personnel. some just arent happy and it is ok.. Hopefully happiness is found and we move forward.. I am a Coach Keller fan by the way.. He has done so much for our program on the NBA scout respect level.. I know he knows what he is doing... We just need to get over this mediocracy we are on right now..

If we can get a core of good guys to stay (AJ, Jossell, Hall, Haymon, Nana, Armbrester) we should be able to out together a squad that can make a title run.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

If we can get a core of good guys to stay (AJ, Jossell, Hall, Haymon, Nana, Armbrester) we should be able to out together a squad that can make a title run.

At this point, I still have my doubts... We're getting a banger in Southwick, but we'll still need more length, IMO.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

At this point, I still have my doubts... We're getting a banger in Southwick, but we'll still need more length, IMO.

Agreed.
SFAJack_76
Good grief, Sam.
TallTexan
Please tell me we pay our athletic trainer better than that.
SFAXE93
Utah Valley love their basketball

SFAXE93
SFAXE93
nacluth
SFAXE93 said:

Utah Valley love their basketball

Free tickets helped too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.