2022-2023 NCAA Men's Basketball

17,251 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Currently every Big 12 team is a tournament team.
Agree. That TCU/Baylor game was some outstanding basketball.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Nah, he is winning games and has them highly ranked.
By the end of the day it will be " just a misunderstanding " and nothing will happen.
And …
SFAXE93
No-look
Just wondering if any the Jacks coaching staff will make the trip to Huntsville tonight for a scouting expedition?
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

By the end of the day it will be " just a misunderstanding " and nothing will happen.
And …
Very surprising. Of course the only a misunderstanding card was played by the girlfriend in the attempt to bring down the heat on him. Guess the bad look actually won out with UT higher ups. Have to give them credit for making the move. Never would have bet on it.
That said within 6 months to 1 year or so he will get hired elsewhere. Public attention span is so short and the must win at all costs aspect of NCAA basketball will get him back on somewhere.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

And …
Very surprising. Of course the only a misunderstanding card was played by the girlfriend in the attempt to bring down the heat on him. Guess the bad look actually won out with UT higher ups. Have to give them credit for making the move. Never would have bet on it.
That said within 6 months to 1 year or so he will get hired elsewhere. Public attention span is so short and the must win at all costs aspect of NCAA basketball will get him back on somewhere.

This needs to be deleted
Ljacks&Longnecks
76 referenced my initial response that I said no way UT would do anything so I responded. My only omission was that the case still has to go through the justice system.
I applaud UT for the move.
Mods are welcome to remove response if they feel the need to
SFA88
Pilotgirl said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

And …

This needs to be deleted
Is this sentence
"Of course the only a misunderstanding card was played by the girlfriend in the attempt to bring down the heat on him", the reason you believe the post should be deleted? Given LJ&L's previous post stating LJ&L's belief UT should but wouldn't do anything, I think LJ&L is referring to the statements made by the fiancee, Randi Trew, walking back and contradicting her statements on the night of the arrest and thus attempting to lessen the heat on Beard. I chose this interpretation because any other way is incongruous with previous statements. As always I could be way off the mark.
Texasheli
Read it the same way
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yes, per published reports, Trew has recanted and even stated that he (Beard) might have even been defending himself. So yes the phrase just a misunderstanding may not have been used but certainly an attempt to change the dynamic of the situation. As of now questionable if any charges will be upcoming by local DA.
UT in their decision called out the behavior as unacceptable regardless of any legal avenues being pursued by law enforcement. I fully support their decision.

I want to assure anyone that I abhor domestic violence, couple of people close to me were victims at one time.
Comment was not misogynistic in meaning in any way. Statements made later to law enforcement, lawyers , news media were, IMO, likely attempts to "bring down the heat" on Mr Beard as he had a lot to lose. That was not unexpected to me.
Pilotgirl
Thank you for clarifying. I'm a survivor myself, so definitely something I'm passionate about.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If the two SFA games on ESPN+ today are not enough hoops to float your boat, there are a total of 37 men's games and one women's game on regular TV channels today!!! (Hmmm... I wonder if they can squeeze an episode of the Andy Griffith Show in there somewhere...)
SFAXE93
nacluth
Now this is funny.

SFAXE93
nacluth said:

Now this is funny.

"I'm looking for ref!"
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Now this is funny.

This left me with my jaw hanging. Seriously. I don't even know how to respond. LOL
SFA, Class of 1979
SFA Jack Fanatic
41 devices, no waiting...

On over-the-air TV today a total of 41 men's games are available for your enjoyment. Throw in a couple of dozen additional streamed contests on ESPN+ and your hoop dreams can be fulfilled, all in one day. Unless, of course, your eyeballs fall out first.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
Tarleton State has apparently spent the big bucks to get their little 17-16 team into the CBI. They play @ Radford on March 19.
BigJack85
SUU head coach Todd Simon appears to be headed to Bowling Green.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Hmm, I'd have guessed he could get a bigger promotion than that.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

Hmm, I'd have guessed he could get a bigger promotion than that.
I can't tell you what a great laugh I got out of that! I live near Toledo and am a HUGE Toledo Rocket fan. BG is our Sam. (I actually live closer to Bowling Green than Toledo, but I also used to live in Toledo many years ago.)
nacluth
Furman and Princeton (15 seed) with big upsets today. Midmajor still getting seriously underrated.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Furman and Princeton (15 seed) with big upsets today. Midmajor still getting seriously underrated.

And how Vanessa has a perfect bracket is beyond me!
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Whoa! Seriously impressive.
No-look
nacluth said:

I picked Furman but not Princeton.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Yeah it's a head scratcher lol
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

A&M ruined it for her! She's still in 45th place though. Lol
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

A&M ruined it for her! She's still in 45th place though. Lol
Impressive what lengths A&M will go to in order to avoid playing UT.
PurpleOut
Staff
Trying something new this year, I took every 13-15 seed and the moneyline in their first round game.

Hit Furman +200 and Princeton +625.

Louisiana +400 was close, but also got them +11 so still came out ahead.

Looking forward to today!

BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Trying something new this year, I took every 13-15 seed and the moneyline in their first round game.

Hit Furman +200 and Princeton +625.

Louisiana +400 was close, but also got them +11 so still came out ahead.

Looking forward to today!

Well done.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
May extend that moneyline bid to 16 seeds soon.
SFA Jack Fanatic
FDU!!!! 16 over 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.