2022-2023 NCAA Men's Basketball

17,024 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, that didn't take long. The betting experts over at BetMGM have established Duke as the favorite to win the 2022-2023 MBB National Championship at +800. Duke has signed six players, including four 5-star players for next year.

Duke is followed by Arkansas and Kentucky, both at +1,000. Kansas and Gonzaga are listed at +1,200, with Baylor, North Carolina, and UCLA at +1,400, Villanova at +1,600, Arizona, Houston, and Michigan at +2,000, and Oregon, Tennessee, Texas Tech, and Alabama at +2,500.
jboy93
The Lumberjacks must be just outside of these posted odds I'm guessing!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

The Lumberjacks must be just outside of these posted odds I'm guessing!

Ever the eternal SFA optimist, right, Jeremy? I love it!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga's Drew Timme has declared for the NBA draft and apparently will bypass his final year.
SFAJack_76
I like it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-bold-new-college-basketball-flex-scheduling-model-that-would-bring-big-nonconference-games-into-february/
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I like it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-bold-new-college-basketball-flex-scheduling-model-that-would-bring-big-nonconference-games-into-february/

This is a fantastic idea.

Also makes me think that Thornton is going to be a fantastic commish. That's really outside the box thinking.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I like it.

This is a fantastic idea.

Also makes me think that Thornton is going to be a fantastic commish. That's really outside the box thinking.

Couldn't agree more. Really looking to explore any avenue, that will bring greater visibility to the WAC/Mid Majors
TallTexan
This would be fantastic.

Also, an early season matchup of mid major who made the Big Dance. Seed it the same way, do quads based on the number of wins, with a home and home in week 1.
SFA Jack Fanatic
New Mexico State MBB will take a pre-season trip to the Bahamas July 30 - August 6. Isn't it about time that SFA MBB does another one? It worked out well with their trip to Spain three years ago. I know that schools are only allowed to travel abroad every 3-4 years. Has it been long enough?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Fardaws Aimaq has withdrawn from the NBA draft and will play for Texas Tech this Fall.
SFAXE93
nacluth
Sad news.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34121440/houston-baptist-men-basketball-star-darius-lee-killed-8-other-shot-harlem-gathering
SFAXE93
WAC BASKETBALL (MINUS THOSE LEAVING)

ABILENE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY (25-11)
GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY (23-8)
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY (23-9)
SOUTHERN UTAH (23-12)
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE (22-10)
UTAH VALLEY (20-12)
CALIFORNIA BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (18-15)

TARLETON STATE (14-17)
UTAH TECH (13-18)
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS - ARLINGTON (11-18)
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS - RIO GRANDE VALLEY (8-23)

TallTexan
We get one more year of NMSU right?

Man I want to beat those gloating idiots more than anyone.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

They can be insufferable.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Yes we get Sam and NMSU this year.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

And Lamar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

They have to take a back seat to Prison Tech....
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Double insufferable. LOL
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAXE93
"We're starting to look more like a mid-major Division I basketball team," Tanner said. "Now whether we're going to play like it remains to be seen. But we definitely will be bigger. You know, that was our major goal."

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

And Lamar.
Never mind.
PurpleOut
Staff
Good to see Mitch Seraille still getting a chance to play.

SFAXE93
Good, I can see him in action in the Red River Conference when they play TAMUT.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lamar's Jordyn Adams, who SFA went after a couple of years ago out of Silsbee HS, has decided to not return to Lamar and instead pursue "professional opportunities", whatever that means. Adams averaged 11 ppg last season after transferring from Austin Peay, where he was Ohio Valley Conference Freshman of the Year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hungry to watch some college hoops? The Auburn Tigers have been touring Israel for a week, having played and beaten Israel's U-20 national team 117-56 and an Israeli Select Team of all-stars 107-71.

Today (August 8) at 12:00 Noon Auburn will play the Israeli National Team in Tel Aviv. It should be their toughest match by far. The game will be shown on the SEC Network.
SFA Jack Fanatic
More college hoops today (08/10). The Kentucky Wildcats will play the Dominican Republic U-22 national team on the SEC Network at 6:00 p.m. The game will be played in Nassau, Bahamas.
SFA Jack Fanatic
New Mexico State finished a four-game sweep of Bahamian teams with a 113-92 win over the Nassau Pirates. It was the first foreign tour for NMSU since 2018.
No-look
I watched those NMS games. They have good shooters but we're playing very weak teams.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
Rumor #1: UH Cougars will scrimmage a "mystery" opponent on October 29 in Houston.

Rumor #2: The "mystery" opponent will be Duke.

That would be quite a haul for Duke to participate in a scrimmage.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Rumor #1: UH Cougars will scrimmage a "mystery" opponent on October 29 in Houston.

Rumor #2: The "mystery" opponent will be Duke.

That would be quite a haul for Duke to participate in a scrimmage.
And, something that Coach K never would have done.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Bill Self gets 4 game suspension stemming from a 2017 FBI probe into paying players.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kansas-basketball-reportedly-self-imposes-4-game-suspension-for-bill-self-and-kurtis-townsend-145307633.html
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Ljacks&Longnecks
Another joke of a "punishment" for the Big school. If it had been SFA or a mid major they would have been nailed to the wall losing scholarships, tournament bans and forfeit of all wins in the last 10 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.