2020-2021 Southland Basketball

20,369 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Southland Conference 2020-2021 Rosters

Here is a link to the rosters that I have put together using school websites and Verbal Commits. I'll keep it as a working document to work in changes as they arise. Sorry it is a link, I tried to embed it to no avail
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Here is a link to the rosters that I have put together using school websites and Verbal Commits. I'll keep it as a working document to work in changes as they arise. Sorry it is a link, I tried to embed it to no avail

Great work, 09, Thanks!
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Really appreciate you doing this. Apparently you know who the scholarship guys are, and who the walk-ons are. For example, McNeese has a 13 man projected roster with 4 open spots.
No-look
Sam got a good recruit with Dylan Robertson. 6'10" athletic
SFAXE93

Former Massachusetts G Keon Clergeot ***#12 State (Florida) is transferring to Southeastern Louisiana.

SFA offered this guy back in 2016.

BIO
2019-20 - Junior Started 16 games and appeared in 30... Average 5.0 points per game

2018-19 Redshirt Sophomore Started 17 games and appeared in 32 Averaged 22.3 minutes per game and averaged 7.5 points per game Scored seven points and added five boards in opener against UMass Lowell (11/6) Dished out a career-high seven assists in win over Saint Joseph's (2/23) Scored a then career-high 16 points on 4-of-8 from three at Rhode Island (3/9) Set new career-high with 25 points in Atlantic 10 Tournament against George Washington (3/13) on 5-of-10 from deep.

2017-18 Sophomore: Sat out 2017-18 season per the NCAA transfer policy.

2016-17 - At Memphis: Appeared in 26 games during his true-freshman season at the University of Memphis, during which he produced 3.8 points and 1.2 rebounds per game Hit 36.5 percent of his field goals (27-74), including 31.0 percent of his 3-pointers (13-42) Showed a steady hand at the foul line with a 77.5 percent conversion rate (31-40) Posted a career-best 23 points (6-7 FG, 4-4 3FG, 7-7 FT) against Incarnate Word Totaled three games scoring in double figures during his first collegiate season.

Before College: A 3-star recruit according to 247Sports Also drew offers from Bowling Green, Chattanooga, Cleveland State, Duquesne, Hofstra, Jacksonville, Louisiana Tech, Stephen F. Austin, Texas Tech, Towson and VCU, among others Was named Florida Association of Basketball Coaches (FABC) Class 6A First Team All-State after averaging 26.5 points per game, leading the Polk County in the process ... He also dished out six assists and pulled down eight rebounds per game ... He finished fourth in the Class 6A Player of the Year, helping lead Auburndale High School to a 16-9 overall record, including a 5-3 mark within District 6 ... As a junior he averaged 26.8 points, 7.9 assists, and 6.5 rebounds per game.

SFAXE93
SLC taking UMass players

F: CJ Jackson

cboothe09
Appeared in less games, fewer starts, scoring down...Could be a fresh start, at his third school...
slulionsfan
SFAXE93 said:

Former Massachusetts G Keon Clergeot ***#12 State (Florida) is transferring to Southeastern Louisiana.

SFA offered this guy back in 2016.

BIO
2019-20 - Junior Started 16 games and appeared in 30... Average 5.0 points per game

2018-19 Redshirt Sophomore Started 17 games and appeared in 32 Averaged 22.3 minutes per game and averaged 7.5 points per game Scored seven points and added five boards in opener against UMass Lowell (11/6) Dished out a career-high seven assists in win over Saint Joseph's (2/23) Scored a then career-high 16 points on 4-of-8 from three at Rhode Island (3/9) Set new career-high with 25 points in Atlantic 10 Tournament against George Washington (3/13) on 5-of-10 from deep.

2017-18 Sophomore: Sat out 2017-18 season per the NCAA transfer policy.

2016-17 - At Memphis: Appeared in 26 games during his true-freshman season at the University of Memphis, during which he produced 3.8 points and 1.2 rebounds per game Hit 36.5 percent of his field goals (27-74), including 31.0 percent of his 3-pointers (13-42) Showed a steady hand at the foul line with a 77.5 percent conversion rate (31-40) Posted a career-best 23 points (6-7 FG, 4-4 3FG, 7-7 FT) against Incarnate Word Totaled three games scoring in double figures during his first collegiate season.

Before College: A 3-star recruit according to 247Sports Also drew offers from Bowling Green, Chattanooga, Cleveland State, Duquesne, Hofstra, Jacksonville, Louisiana Tech, Stephen F. Austin, Texas Tech, Towson and VCU, among others Was named Florida Association of Basketball Coaches (FABC) Class 6A First Team All-State after averaging 26.5 points per game, leading the Polk County in the process ... He also dished out six assists and pulled down eight rebounds per game ... He finished fourth in the Class 6A Player of the Year, helping lead Auburndale High School to a 16-9 overall record, including a 5-3 mark within District 6 ... As a junior he averaged 26.8 points, 7.9 assists, and 6.5 rebounds per game.

Southeastern Louisiana added another big commitment tonight from Jamon Kemp, 6'6, G/F, from Seattle. He's the son of former NBA All-Star, Shawn Kemp, and would be the highest rated HS/prep player we'll have ever signed.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamon-Kemp-46045860/

TallTexan
From Seattle to SLU as a 3 star?

Good get for yall, but that's certainly a decision.
slulionsfan
TallTexan said:

From Seattle to SLU as a 3 star?

Good get for yall, but that's certainly a decision.
Not 100% sure but I think our coaches have a connection to his dad. Regardless, after losing Ty Brewer, we'll take him. I like our class so far, plus we'll get a P5 transfer eligible who had to sit out last year.
cboothe09
Pretty sure I have updated all the changes with transfers and new commits and signings. I need to go through and denote the Walk-On guys, because we have a few teams that have some expanded rosters...McNeese currently shows a roster of 13 guys with five newly signed players...Nicholls shows a roster of five guys with two commits and one signed player...A lot of teams, barring any late changes look to be full for 2020 (ACU, UIW, McNeese, SHSU, SLU, and SFA)
slulionsfan
We've got three officially on board. Working on one more I think ...

slulionsfan
slulionsfan said:

We've got three officially on board. Working on one more I think ...

Lions add 6'3 guard, Joe Kasperzyk, Odessa CC ... has previous D-I experience at Bryant U, averaging 10.7 ppg as a true freshman.

https://lionsports.net/news/2020/4/21/mens-basketball-lions-sign-odessa-college-transfer-to-2020-21-squad.aspx

I think we're done for now though not really sure.

SFAJack_76
sfa17
I would like to play Wichita State

SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

I would like to play Wichita State

I would like a home and home with Wichita State.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pretty ridiculous.

PurpleOut
Staff
I'm assuming, the teams we only played once last season...we won't be playing at all next season. That's McNeese, SLU, HBU and Nicholls.
cboothe09
McNeese will be good, and that schedule will vault them to a high spot (Not #1) in Katy, but that schedule won't help them in Katy...
TallTexan
I don't mind miss HBU, but Nicholls and SELA are usually decent.

And fire Tom Burnett's lazy rear for doing the absolute minimum on scheduling each and every year. He and his staff aren't worth wasting salaries on.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Pretty ridiculous.

What the heck?!?! Ridiculous is not a strong enough word! They're dancing in the streets in Lake Chuck.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
I was shaking my head when I read the reminder that NCAA rules require teams to start games with five players on the floor. I officiated a few HS games with teams with only five players (and one game that ended with only two on the floor), but I have never imagined that the five-player minimum could ever potentially affect college games. Geez Louise...
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I was shaking my head when I read the reminder that NCAA rules require teams to start games with five players on the floor. I officiated a few HS games with teams with only five players (and one game that ended with only two on the floor), but I have never imagined that the five-player minimum could ever potentially affect college games. Geez Louise...
Extraordinary times.
SFAJack_76
Half time.

McNeese 28
Nebraska 50
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm still think we should have gone harder after Anderson Kopp. He's killing it against UH right now, Lamar however overall is struggling.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I watched most of the 2nd half of the USF vs. UMass Lowell game. UML used a 17-0 run in the 2nd half to come from behind and win 76-68. This was UML's first season-opening win in 8 years in D-I.

There's no doubt in my mind that SFA could have easily beaten San Francisco. USF shot 5 for 19 from three.
sfa17
ACU beats ETSU 70 -47
SFAJack_76
sfa17
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
With UCA yet to play, and SFA getting started tonight, the SLC is 7-22. ACU is 3-0. Yesterday, SLU lost to LSU by 53, and A&M CC lost to SMU by 37.
PurpleOut
Staff
Nicholls has the only other D1 win right (unless I missed one). Everyone else has gotten ROLLED.
cboothe09
Nicholls ppg are kinda funny...
101, 70, 57, 49...I feel like they might go lower against Saint Mary's and Baylor...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.