2020 NCAA Transfer Portal

20,645 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

sfa17 said:

The only mid major teams at risk of losing their best players are the ones the underperform every single year. If we win 20 plus games a season, go to tourney, and maybe win a game or two in tourney. We don't have to worry about losing our best player. But the rest of SLC will have a huge problem. They will get raided every year.

Except for grad transfers.
Exactly. See Holyfield, TJ
sfa17
True, I wouldn't blame a grad student for leaving. If that is the only transfers we have to worry about than I'm more than happy.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Good for him. He goes from a 1970's jr. high gym and terrible program to the ACC.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Dang everyone in the SLC is leaving.
sfa17
TallTexan said:

Dang everyone in the SLC is leaving.
20-0 just confirmed
cboothe09
On top of Brown (UNO) and Furlong (SHSU), HBU loses Noah Thomasson (10.2 minutes/game and 24 games played). UNO also loses Bol Riek to medical retirement
SFAJack_76
Oh my ...
TallTexan
It's gonna be Tarleton isnt it?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Oh my ...

Thank goodness this bundle of Narcissistic trouble is way, way, way in our rearview mirror.
PurpleOut
Staff
Insane. Kind of feel bad for him to be honest. He's so talented, but he'll never get anywhere by the way he handles himself.

Let's take a look at his journey.

Commits to SFA
De-commits from SFA
RE-Commits to SFA
Transfers from SFA
Commits to Hutchinson CC
Ends up at Salt Lake City CC
Commits to St. Johns
De-Commits from St. Johns
Signs with Nebraska
Transfers from Nebraska
???

All of that, and he's only played 1 season of D1 ball.
wahlwesle
But he was the "1st Husker player to record a triple double in basketball history." Surely that makes it all worth it.
sfa17
I will never forget that in his SFA-Decommit letter he put "blessed to decommit". This is what one Nebraska fan had to say..

"but at the end of the day he was a disciplinary problem and for the coaches to build the right culture, he had to move on. He was given more strikes than a baseball player."

Sounds familiar, clearly the issue wasnt his teams or his coaches.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/cam-mack-gone.265099/
cboothe09
McNeese snags a big transfer from Miss State. PF KeyShawn Feazell will be a nice replacement for Kennedy. He wasn't a stud for the Bulldogs, but he put up good numbers against Southland teams. He should do well in Lake Charles...
PurpleOut
Staff
They got another kid from Southern Illinois. Interesting approach taking a lot of transfers and risking them not getting a waiver to play next season.
SFAJack_76
Started all 31 games. His next stop will be his fourth.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
Played in 29 games with one start.
cboothe09
Transfer Leaderboard:
UIW - 6
Sam - 4
HBU - 3
UNO - 3
Nicholls - 2
SLU - 2
Corpus - 1
UCA - 1

Most surprised with Sam. They lost some big players for next year. RJ Smith is one of those guys you hate to play but love to have. Jones and Bryant are huge losses.
cboothe09
HBU loses 6'7" PF Ben Uloko to transfer

Corpus picks up 6'10" PF Lado Laku
SFAJack_76
cboothe09
At first I was shocked to see Gonzaga, but he fits the system...Big guy that can stretch a defense with his perimeter shooting...
SFA Jack Fanatic
DJ Murray from UIW goes to Rider.

Qon Murphy from HBU goes to New Hampshire.
nacluth
I would say I was getting interest from Gonzaga too if I was trying to land a good school.
cboothe09
Kevin Johnson throws up the duece at Nicholls and has entered the transfer portal.

Another HUGE loss...Johnson started 26 of 29 games played and averaged 32 minutes a game, 9.8 points, and led the team in assists by a LARGE margin (Johnson finished the season with 113 assists, closest to him was Andre Jones with 83). He also led the team in steals (59), was second in 3PT% (.364), and second in FT% (81.5%)

That also means Nicholls is losing four of their top five scorers.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Kevin Johnson throws up the duece at Nicholls and has entered the transfer portal.

Another HUGE loss...Johnson started 26 of 29 games played and averaged 32 minutes a game, 9.8 points, and led the team in assists by a LARGE margin (Johnson finished the season with 113 assists, closest to him was Andre Jones with 83). He also led the team in steals (59), was second in 3PT% (.364), and second in FT% (81.5%)

That also means Nicholls is losing four of their top five scorers.

Also Ryghe Lyons of Nicholls. A 6'10" bench player who is basically a shot-blocker and rebounder.
SFAJack_76
Another for Sam.
TallTexan
Do they have anyone left?
Pilotgirl
Pretty soon they will start recruiting our walk ons. Dont fall for it, Tyler!
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Interesting, Warith Alatishe from Nicholls signed with Oregon State.

Not so sure about that move. Thought he was a pretty decent player for Nicholls, but Southland to Pac12 is a big jump. There were some tweets and quotes going around the other day talking about grad transfers that went P5 and saw their minutes and all stats basically cut in half, if not become nonexistent. Sometimes the bigger school name isn't the best choice. Best of luck to him however.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.