SHSU's Baxter Suspended after arrest

3,988 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PurpleOut
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.itemonline.com/news/shsu-s-baxter-suspended-following-arrest/article_77d0d6c2-1a9d-5da1-ba42-d0c4ddbee1c6.html

Baxter giving a whole new meaning to "Prison Tech."
PurpleOut
Staff
Fairly significant loss for them. Averaging almost 8 a game and 23 minutes. He's had a rough couple of years to finish a solid career, this might end it.

The Hecklers would have had a field day with this back in the day.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ha, Baxter played tonight.

Drugs, no problem. Gun, no problem. Sit one game and you're good.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Ha, Baxter played tonight.

Drugs, no problem. Gun, no problem. Sit one game and you're good.
The term "Jail Break" comes to mind. Or should that be "Prison Tech Break"?
nacluth
Since Corpus played Sam in this past game, it seems to juxtapose the coaching decisions between Thomas' suspension and Baxter's play. I'm sure two totally different situations, but the two different coaching styles probably affected this game significantly.
INiedrauer
Staff
I feel slight levels of guilt for harassing a student athlete for an offense as minor as marijuana. Statistically speaking, every SLC school probably has at least one basketball player who could've ended up in the same situation.

But its Sam. So...HAHA
PurpleOut
Staff
INiedrauer said:

I feel slight levels of guilt for harassing a student athlete for an offense as minor as marijuana. Statistically speaking, every SLC school probably has at least one basketball player who could've ended up in the same situation.

But its Sam. So...HAHA
I do too normally, I just get really annoyed when kids in general that have a full ride to play sports...throw it away because of weed or something.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.