2019 NCAA Tournament

21,443 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Morant with the triple-double. Amazing performance. And the best Murray State has played all season.
Going to have to catch that Saturday game. Had to work through this one.
nacluth
Sorry ACU. Purple by itself isn't magic.
No-look
ACU looks like they don't belong.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

ACU looks like they don't belong.
They don't. Period.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Sorry ACU. Purple by itself isn't magic.
Did we forget to tell them that you've got to throw a bearkat into a volcano at midnight in order to activate the magic?

Oooopsss.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The difference in athleticism in big men between Kentucky and every team in the SLC is enormous.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TV guys are trying hard to say something positive about ACU. It's not working.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ACU is embarrassing themselves and the entire Southland Conference. Not surprised, though. They shouldn't even be here.
nacluth
At least they are not playing Gonzaga.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

At least they are not playing Gonzaga.
30 points here, 30 points there......
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ACU is embarrassing themselves and the entire Southland Conference. Not surprised, though. They shouldn't even be here.

A complete dismantling. Definitely brings the FACT that these conference tournaments are of marginal value. Top seeds should get home court advantage. Possibly finals at a neutral site???
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

And their women will get destroyed by 50+ by Baylor. Nice job, Southland Conference.
TallTexan
PurpleOut
Staff
Thanks Irvine, my first real upset pick to go through.
nacluth
Oregon is the crappiest 12 seed in a long time. If you're a P5 school and you cannot get an 11 seed, you don't need to be in the tourney. Or maybe it's the NCAA finally acknowledging that the PAC-12 is a mid major conference. Congrats on the upset Oregon.
nacluth
All the 12 seeds win except New Mexico St's 1 point loss.
nacluth
Also just want to comment that Nevada had the mid major dream year. Stud players returning from last year's dream run, top coach, one of the top recruitment offseasons reloading with the pick of transfers, in the top 10 rankings most of the season. Got a 7 seed in the tournament and bounced first round. So much for dreams.

Also Mountain West was overrated all year long.
sfa17
Yeah, I got so tired of hearing about Nevada during the pre season. I'm glad it's over.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just checked by rank in the ESPN Tournament Challenge. I'm proud to say that after the first two days I'm ranked # 467,877.

But on the bright side, I'm tied for 2nd in Alex Ranc's little group. Looking forward to the huge prizes that I'm quite certain she'll be handing out.
TallTexan
Kansas is getting throttled!
nacluth
I knew Auburn was decent but they are making fools out of Kansas right now. Honestly the whole big 12 has been down and about to be out soon.

The second half has started bananas. No one is missing shots. All offense. Incredible.
PurpleOut
Staff
Auburn -2 was free money. KU had too many injuries to make a run.
SFAJack_76
Not NCAA, but Texas State lost at home to FIU 87-81 in front of 1,237 in the first round of the collegeinsider.com tournament.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Auburn -2 was free money. KU had too many injuries to make a run.
And, Bruce Pearl can coach.
SFA Jack Fanatic
What a game! Unreal ending! A game of inches at the end. Duke was VERY lucky. UCF deserved better.
nacluth
Well UCF beat Duke but we're bailed out by the refs swallowing their whistles. Sure looked like three steps to me on their go ahead put back, but I'm no ref. Disappointed that I get to watch Zion not getting charge calls by running straight over people for another game.
sfa17
wow that Duke v UCF game hurt. So freaking close
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can someone explain why UCF even challenged Williamson's drive to the basket when they had a 3 point lead? Last time I checked, a layup is only good for two points. The game probably would have been theirs if they'd just let him score. Got caught up in the excitement of the moment and weren't thinking, I guess.
nacluth
Yep.
nacluth
Couple of games left, but in the second round the better seed won every game except Auburn #5 over a #4. This has been the most underdog-less tourney in forever. After last year's mayhem, NCAA clamped down on seeding. There will be one double digit seed make it through courtesy of tonight's 12/13 matchup, but don't pick an upset this year.
SFAJack_76
Lost his senior year to injury and grad transferred. He played some good ball against SFA.
nacluth
Good for Amin to make it to the Sweet 16 with the right team. Nevada shafted him, but he landed on his feet and played awesome tonight. Southland has great talent even if it's not full teams of talent.
PurpleOut
Staff
Amin was great tonight, despite one hilarious flop. He was literally everywhere. Texted my Oregon friend during the Irvine run that they needed to put him in, and then he changed the game and played the rest of the half.
nacluth
Purdue forces OT with Tennessee. One of my very good friends died a couple months ago. He was a diehard Boilermaker fan. I'm rooting for them to keep going.
TallTexan
I'm pulling for Purdue. Rick Barnes & Tennessee/Texas conversation have worn me out this season.

But Nacluth's reason is far better than mine.

Plus, as Boilermakers, they are fellow tradesman to our Jacks.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.