2018 NCAA Football

15,038 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAXE93
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Hook 'Em.

My daughter was at that game with her best friend (he is a Sr @ UT). Bet that was a game to see in person! Driving back today.....

That was an awesome game. So glad to not be the middle of the Big 12 anymore.

And Bevo going after that show dog was quiet the sight.
SFAJack_76
I am sure everyone has seen it, but just in case.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Many have been so focused on the Alabama vs. Clemson FBS national championship game that they have forgotten about the FCS game... North Dakota State vs. Eastern Washington -- tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. on ESPN2. Should be a great one.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-01-04/fcs-playoffs-bracket-schedule-scores-and-how-watch-2018

Who ya got, guys? I'm going with Eastern Washington in an upset.
BigJack85
Sad to say but until SFA gets back in the mix it's all North Dakota State.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

Sad to say but until SFA gets back in the mix it's all North Dakota State.

Exactly. Once we get there we'll have the 7 championships in 8 years dynasty.
SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

Many have been so focused on the Alabama vs. Clemson FBS national championship game that they have forgotten about the FCS game... North Dakota State vs. Eastern Washington -- tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. on ESPN2. Should be a great one.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-01-04/fcs-playoffs-bracket-schedule-scores-and-how-watch-2018

Who ya got, guys? I'm going with Eastern Washington in an upset.

This is definitely a matchup of two completely different teams.

NDSU and has been for well over a decade a powerful ground and pound team. Yes they've consistently had high tier NFL quarterbacks leading them, but they run such a traditional NFL style offense. They will run it down your throat and then throw it over your head with play action and teams just can't stop them. NDSU has been the model of FCS recruiting and consistently fields what would be a very competitive FBS team.

EWU does kind of what we used to do and what Sam Houston does now. They spread the field and throw it all over the place. When they run it's traditionally into open space every time, but they make it work. Very fast team, but it's a very high risk, high reward system as opposed to NDSU's very safe "I'm not fancy, I'm just better than you" offense.

Both teams have solid defenses, but NDSU's defense is scary good. They would absolutely shut out most SLC teams most days. EWU is good enough at limiting mistakes that they will make it competitive. But NDSU is an FBS team masquerading as an FCS team. And they will be for many more years to come.

NDSU- 35
EWU- 21
Pilotgirl
Did ya'll just see that fake field goal to TD?! Wow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
NDSU wins another one, 38-24.
SFAJack_76
EWU made it kind of interesting. There will be a bunch of NDSU fans disappointed in 2022 or 2023 when they can't get tickets because Lumberjack fans will have them bought up.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

EWU made it kind of interesting. There will be a bunch of NDSU fans disappointed in 2022 or 2023 when they can't get tickets because Lumberjack fans will have them bought up.

I like the cut of your jib, 76.
BigJack85
I'm with 76. Plan on being there.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

I'm with 76. Plan on being there.
Could you imagine Homer Bryce with a winning team? I think we could hit 15-17k avg within a few years.
cboothe09
Shannon Dawson will serve as OC at UH
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Good job for him.
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Interesting move. Dawson left Holgorsen and the OC job at WV for a lateral move to Kentucky. Reportedly, the Kentucky job was attractive to Dawson because he wanted to call plays. Holgorsen calls plays.
SFASawmillGuy
Dawson didn't have the same success at Kentucky he had at other places(cough cough). It's interesting that UH, with pretty much any pick for an OC they want, would go with him.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Dawson didn't have the same success at Kentucky he had at other places(cough cough). It's interesting that UH, with pretty much any pick for an OC they want, would go with him.

Probably got him on a budget comparative to their big hire in Holgo.

Likely not to leave, knows Texas, worked as a nonplay calling OC before.

Not a bad hire for a guy you do know.
TallTexan
That was an absolute buttkicking. Way to go Clemson.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jalen Hurts has entered NCAA's transfer protocol, so adios, Bama!

According to 247 Sports, two schools that he would be strongly considering are TCU and Houston, with some others being Auburn, Florida, and Miami. He's from Channelview, so I'm guessing Houston will be his final destination.....
TallTexan
Think Hurts is likely a fit for TCU over Houston. Would he even fit in a Holgo offense?
SFASawmillGuy
Jalen Hurts to SFA. You heard it here first.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's official. Jalen Hurts going to OU.
SFAXE93
It's official Jalen Hurts is NOT going to SFA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

It's official Jalen Hurts is NOT going to SFA.
It really "Hurts" to hear that.
SFAXE93
Any well to do SFA donors out there?

Our football program could use one of these for those rainy days of spring and summer that deprive our team of practice time.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.