2018 NCAA Football

14,779 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Dakota State stands to lose a $425,000 payday because its game against Iowa State tonight has been canceled due to bad weather. Ouch!
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

South Dakota State stands to lose a $425,000 payday because its game against Iowa State tonight has been canceled due to bad weather. Ouch!
Read somewhere else that SDSU will be paid after all. Not sure which story to believe.
TallTexan
I'd say if you showed up to the stadium you should still get paid. Sucks for ISU, but SDSU already spent money to get to your place.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Saw that Kentucky just hired a new "Men's Basketball Recruiting Analyst". What the heck is that?? Anyone know what exactly that person does?

(Yeah, TallTexan, I know. He analyzes recruiting. Can you kindly elaborate?)

EDIT: Should have posted this on BB rather than FB. Oh, well...
TallTexan
So you see Opey, the emancipation proclamation is a... uh a proclamation of emancipation.

You know me to well Ed. Who knows? Maybe he's recruiting basketball analyst or analyzing basketball recruiters.
CLHawkins
On the topic of money games I thought this was pretty interesting. The most interesting excerpt was:

Kent State will collect $3.65 million by playing three of its first four games this season at Illinois, Penn State and Mississippi (its first Mid-American Conference game also is on the road, so Golden Flashes will play one home game in September). Next season, Kent State is set for paydays of $1.9 million from Auburn and $1.5 million from Arizona State. And in 2020, it is due a total of $5 million for games at Arkansas, Kentucky and Alabama.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/29/college-football-non-conference-games-worth-175-million-guarantees-ncaa/1131488002/
TallTexan
CLHawkins said:

On the topic of money games I thought this was pretty interesting. The most interesting excerpt was:

Kent State will collect $3.65 million by playing three of its first four games this season at Illinois, Penn State and Mississippi (its first Mid-American Conference game also is on the road, so Golden Flashes will play one home game in September). Next season, Kent State is set for paydays of $1.9 million from Auburn and $1.5 million from Arizona State. And in 2020, it is due a total of $5 million for games at Arkansas, Kentucky and Alabama.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/29/college-football-non-conference-games-worth-175-million-guarantees-ncaa/1131488002/

I'm not 100% sure why crap level FBS teams are worth almost 3-4x what an FCS team is. Nobody tunes in for those games either, atleast not for the opponent.
SFAJack_76
Interesting, potentially unintended consequences, of the new redshirt rules.

cboothe09
Keeler should have taken the UTEP job. Something is off in Huntsville
TallTexan
Another:
https://sports.yahoo.com/razorbacks-receiver-nance-says-redshirt-transfer-012657655--ncaaf.html
Razorbacks receiver Nance says he will redshirt, transfer
SFAXE93
TallTexan
Some Willie Fritz/Will Hall news.

SFAJack_76
Ivey hires have had a good day.

SFAJack_76
I don't necessarily want to be NDSU, but I want to be competitive with them. Their team photo has 112 players in it. In Fargo, freaking North Dakota. Interesting that the Fargodome is on the NDSU campus, but is owned by the city. It was funded with a voter approved 1/2 cent sales tax.

Nah, I want to be them. Why not.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't necessarily want to be NDSU, but I want to be competitive with them. Their team photo has 112 players in it. In Fargo, freaking North Dakota. Interesting that the Fargodome is on the NDSU campus, but is owned by the city. It was funded with a voter approved 1/2 cent sales tax.

Nah, I want to be them. Why not.

If there's room for two NDSU's in this sport, then I'd like to call dibs on the 2nd spot.

I can't wait to see our new staff on the sidelines.
TallTexan
The door opens, atleast a slight crack, for now.

nacluth
Big pick up for K-State!
BigJack85
Huge pull for K-State.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFASawmillGuy
The thing about NDSU that's crazy is they've only been D-1 for a little over a decade. They've been always been dominant. They are the dream football program. Not just at FCS. But anywhere. They're never down. A down year for them is one that doesn't end in a national championship victory.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

The thing about NDSU that's crazy is they've only been D-1 for a little over a decade. They've been always been dominant. They are the dream football program. Not just at FCS. But anywhere. They're never down. A down year for them is one that doesn't end in a national championship victory.
If they were even just a regular contender, that'd be a down year for them.

Which is what we need in 2 or 3 years when we have a good team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Guess which school has the winningest FB program in Texas over the last decade. (Hint: It ain't SFA.) It's Mary Hardin-Baylor. In fact, UMHB has the highest winning percentage in college football history (with a minimum of 20 seasons).

The Crusaders will play for their 2nd NCAA D-3 championship tomorrow night. The venue this year will be in Shenandoah, in The Woodlands area north of Houston. All 25 previous D-3 championship games have been played in Salem, VA. Here's a chance to get out and watch a national championship game and not have to travel too far.

The game is set to kick off at 6 p.m. Defending champion Mount Union (14-0) and Mary Hardin-Baylor (14-0) will battle at the 2018 Stagg Bowl for the second straight year.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-12-11/diii-football-championship-mount-union-mary-hardin-baylor-preview
TallTexan
edstile said:

Guess which school has the winningest FB program in Texas over the last decade. (Hint: It ain't SFA.)

I'm appalled and shocked at this slander of our Lumberjacks Ed.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

Guess which school has the winningest FB program in Texas over the last decade. (Hint: It ain't SFA.)

I'm sure that my information source simply made a calculations error. I'll get that corrected ASAP.
TallTexan
NDSU hires internally.

TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

edstile said:

I'm sure that my information source simply made a calculations error. I'll get that corrected ASAP.

You need to use Nacluth's official SFA record keeping service. High quality all the time.

Everyone knows you can't trust ESPN for FCS football.
cboothe09
Met their OC at a wedding last weekend (Only reason he was there is it was his daughters wedding). Really nice guy and super sharp. He was at West Texas when Carthel was there. He left a couple of years ago to be OC at UMHB and the rest is history...
His son is sharp too. Played QB at LSU (Jarrett Lee).
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Guess which school has the winningest FB program in Texas over the last decade. (Hint: It ain't SFA.) It's Mary Hardin-Baylor. In fact, UMHB has the highest winning percentage in college football history (with a minimum of 20 seasons).

The Crusaders will play for their 2nd NCAA D-3 championship tomorrow night. The venue this year will be in Shenandoah, in The Woodlands area north of Houston. All 25 previous D-3 championship games have been played in Salem, VA. Here's a chance to get out and watch a national championship game and not have to travel too far.

The game is set to kick off at 6 p.m. Defending champion Mount Union (14-0) and Mary Hardin-Baylor (14-0) will battle at the 2018 Stagg Bowl for the second straight year.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-12-11/diii-football-championship-mount-union-mary-hardin-baylor-preview
Mount Union has set the standard.

Mount Union has had unparalleled success since 1993. The Purple Raiders have 29 Ohio Athletic Conference championships and are appearing in their 21st Stagg Bowl in program history. Mount Union has won an NCAA DIII record 13 national championships and own a 103-16 all-time record in the playoffs. The Purple Raiders are in their twenty seventh straight playoff appearance and currently own a 29-game winning streak.

Mary Hardin-Baylor's football program began in 1998 and have only had two losing seasons in their program's history, which were in the first two seasons playing football. In 21 total seasons, the Cru are making their 17th playoff appearance and fourth appearance in the Stagg Bowl, including their third straight. The Cru own a 40-15 record in the playoffs and won a national championship in 2016. UMHB has also won 16 American Southwest Conference titles in their 21 years.
nacluth
I went to D3 Wheaton College in Illinois. It felt like every year we made the playoffs we would draw Mount Union in the first or second round. Never beat them.

Edit: looked it up. We're 0-6 against them. All first round games.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

NDSU hires internally.

This was actually one of my suggestions for us to potentially look at. He's gonna keep the wins coming at NDSU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
UMHB and Mount Union are playing on ESPNU right now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Mary Hardin-Baylor takes the title 24-16.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Hook 'Em.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Hook 'Em.

My daughter was at that game with her best friend (he is a Sr @ UT). Bet that was a game to see in person! Driving back today.....
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.