Cameron Mack

14,783 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jboy93
PurpleForever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting turn of events, Cameron Mack has been released by Hutchinson Community College. That makes two colleges he's attended without playing a game. For those who thought it was all on our coaches, that doesn't look to be true.
No-look
Wow! Hate to hear that. Wish the young man well.
TallTexan
I was just about to look up where he's at.

What's that do to his eligibility? Can he just transfer to another school and play?
SFASawmillGuy
I'm just gonna say it. We dodged a bullet big time.
sfa17
I'm shocked!!!
No-look
Saw where he's with Salt Lake CC now. Hope he does well there.
TallTexan
Salt Lake's a cool city. And might have a team full of older players who can help mentor him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Saw where he's with Salt Lake CC now. Hope he does well there.
Follow the bouncing ball. This young man's mind is a mental mess. He needs to mature quickly, and not just for hoops.
SFAJack_76
Fake news? Somebody knows the real story about this young man's basketball career.

"Mack, a transfer from Stephen F. Austin in Texas, will join the Bruins as highly sought-after guard. After a freshman year with the Lumberjacks - one where SFA qualified for the NCAA tournament - the guard will join a Salt Lake team that has had a long history of facilitating successful guard play. Mack was a two-star rated guard coming out of high school."

http://www.slccbruins.com/news/2018/7/23/mens-basketball-salt-lake-signs-duo-to-2018-19-class.aspx?path=mbball
PurpleForever
beaubrad46 said:

The Cameron Mack you are referring to is a football player. Verbal commits screwed up. Cameron Mack the basketball player did not sign with Hutchinson. Cameron Mack the football player is a running back from Peoria.

Everything i posted was 100% correct. He attended Hutch to play basketball but was released. I know basketball coaches there and they were the ones that tipped me off. He posted it on his Twitter and multiple other outlets posted it. I also posted when he was released. I doubt you'll believe me either but that's all the truth.
nacluth
Sorry to post on this thread, but PurpleForever, I need you to write me so I can send you prizes. "nacluth@yahoo.com"
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Sorry to post on this thread, but PurpleForever, I need you to write me so I can send you prizes. "nacluth@yahoo.com"
Sweet, now I have my new signup info for promotional emails.
nacluth
That's cool as long as you throw me the occasional Nigerian prince money or the occasional free 0% interest loan...oh and some Geezer and Gal gift packs.
SfaTke596
Here you go '46:

Also, take a look at the SFA verbalcomitts.com page and you will see that all of the higher rated recruits were recruited by the current coaching staff. Not all kids that they recruit will workout- like the freshman class you keep referring about. But to say that they are not doing great job recruiting is incorrect.....
I doubt anyone on here is trying to fool you or "cover" for the coaching staff.
sfa17
No single player is bigger than the program. Especially one who never played a single game. Best of luck to him... I think the coach did the right decision.

In recruiting you win some you lose some. Shannon and Gilmore were big wins and that was a loss.
PurpleOut
Staff
Since some of us still can't follow the simple forum guidelines and instructions, I'll update this thread even though I don't think it should be a continuous topic.

He did enroll at Hutchinson. But this was after the season started (meaning after the fall semester), so there was no way he was playing last year regardless if he stayed at Hutch.

PurpleOut
Staff
Recently, Cam has received an offer from Washington State. Best of luck to him.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Recently, Cam has received an offer from Washington State. Best of luck to him.

It's going to be interesting to see how this whole Saga plays out at the end. I'm interested to see what he can do if he lands on a D1 roster.
SFAXE93
Cam Mack getting a lot of attention

Schools interested
Gonzaga, Oregon State, Texas Tech, Colorado, Washington State, New Mexico, San Diego State.

Has three years left after his JUCO year at Salt Lake CC
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
Well, not quite accurate.

"Mack, a transfer from Stephen F. Austin in Texas, will join the Bruins as highly sought-after guard. After a freshman year with the Lumberjacks - one where SFA qualified for the NCAA tournament - the guard will join a Salt Lake team that has had a long history of facilitating successful guard play. Mack was a two-star rated guard coming out of high school. "

https://slccbruins.com/news/2018/7/23/mens-basketball-salt-lake-signs-duo-to-2018-19-class.aspx?path=mbball
SFASawmillGuy
Every time I nearly forget.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Had 44 points tonight, hit 6 threes
SFAJack_76
sfa17
Best of luck to him.
cboothe09
Ok cool
Axe Em
SFA Jack Fanatic
This guy has more lives (and frequent flier miles) than Bonnie and Clyde.
TallTexan
edstile said:

This guy has more lives (and frequent flier miles) than Bonnie and Clyde.
Maybe he knows a good travel agent.
RichieVan
Round and round he goes, where he stops, nobody knows.....

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/cam-mack-will-not-return-to-nebraska-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/article_cbd527e9-a0c4-52da-bd2a-c6e379000847.html
cboothe09
Very interested to see where he ends up. I'm assuming he comes back to Texas to be close to his mom. Talent to play at any program in the state, but what program will take a chance on him? Is Shaka that desperate? Billy Clyde want to make a splash in Year 1? UIW has a ton of openings. Sampson want to roll the dice on what could be a Final Four team next year at UH?

This will be interesting to follow...
SFASawmillGuy
Honestly I hope he stays out of the southland. As horrible a person he is he is still an outstanding player and will likely give us and everyone else tons of fits.

We would still blow out his team. But he might score 20-30 points on us too. Which you hate to see.
sfa17
I didn't watch him play but looking at his stats I'm not impressed. 13 ppg but 38 percent FG. That FG percent is lower than any of our starters and Cameron Johnson. 56 percent from the free throw line.Also turnover rate is higher than both of our PG's and Roti(who was PG from time to time). He is very very good at passing with 6.4 assists per game but scoring wise he is lacking. It's not like he is freshmen and he can drastically improve this numbers and skill sets

He wouldn't have been a starter on our time this year. Someone told him he was a nba level player in high school and he has been drinking the kool aid ever since.

SFASawmillGuy
I think his stats were very skewed by playing on a garbage Nebraska team and playing really good competition. He never really got good looks to the basket so he was forcing a lot of bad shots.
That being said he's still good enough to be starter for possibly every SLC team but us.

And I think his quickness and ability to drive would be dangerous.

But then again maybe all of this drama he's put himself in has ruined him and he really isn't that good anymore. We'll see.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

I think his stats were very skewed by playing on a garbage Nebraska team and playing really good competition. He never really got good looks to the basket so he was forcing a lot of bad shots.
That being said he's still good enough to be starter for possibly every SLC team but us.

I agree with this take. I watched a couple of Nebraska games, and he was by far the best player on a bad team. Too often, he tried to do too much himself. Perhaps because he knew he was the best option; perhaps because he played a little selfish. More likely, a combination of both.
PurpleOut
Staff
Shooting is definitely his biggest issue right now, and why I don't think he's read for the NBA. He's definitely got NBA type athleticism and skills for a PG, but he's not even close to that level right now IMO.

I still feel somewhat bad for him. If he could have stayed with a good program and a good staff, he would have a tremendous opportunity to actually improve his overall game (not to mention his personal issues). Instead, he's bouncing around and probably playing in pickup games or working by himself with no structure.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.