2024 Recruiting Class

3,278 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93

DL: CODY FORD 6-3; 245 Georgetown, Texas (George Ranch)
Offers from Northwestern State, Marist, Tufts, Southwestern, Arkansas Tech, Trinity, Saint Anselm, Texas A&M-Kingsville

- District Defensive MVP (20-6A)
TKL:71;TFL:30;SACK:10;QBH:32;FF:2 (2023)

SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Lumberjacks 2024 National Signing Day Class

https://sfajacks.com/news/2024/2/7/football-lumberjacks-2024-national-signing-day-class
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

QB: JEFFERSON BOAZ 6-7; 252 Pilot Point, North Carolina (East Surry/North Carolina) *** #34 TE; #25 State
Offers from North Carolina, Appalachian State, Colorado, East Carolina, Louisville, Virginia, Virginia Tech, William & Mary

East Surry High School

A three-star prospect listed as the No. 27 player in North Carolina and the nation's 40th-ranked tight end in the 247Sports Composite Ranked as the No. 22 player in the state according to Rivals Tabbed as the state's No. 37 player according to ESPN Named the NCHSAA Male Athlete of the Year Also tabbed HighSchoolOT.com's Male Athlete of the Year Selected for the 2019 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas Tallied 6,226 passing yards and 85 TDs and added 20 rushing TDs over his final two prep seasons An NCPreps.com all-state selection as a senior Led East Surry to a 15-0 record, a regional title and the 1AA state championship Set NCHSAA single-season records in 2019 with 82 touchdowns responsible for and a 74.2 percent completion percentage (min. 275 attempts) Threw for 4,615 yards and 65 TDs (second all-time in NCHSAA), while rushing for 466 yards and 17 TDs Earned 1AA championship game MVP honors Set the state championship single-game records for passing yards (478) and passing TDs (7), while snapping Tarboro's 44-game winning streak His eight total TDs tied the championship-game record held by former Tar Heel T.J. Logan His eight TD passes vs. North Stokes (10/25/19) were the second most in NCHSAA history Led East Surry to an 11-4 record and a berth in the state title game as a junior Passed for 1,611 yards and 20 TDs and rushed for 209 yards and three TDs, while splitting time at QB Added 14 receptions for 204 yards and two more scores Also saw time at quarterback, tight end and linebacker as a sophomore, throwing for 463 yards and six TDs Also played basketball and baseball Averaged 25.3 points and 11.2 rebounds per game as a junior, earning his third straight all-conference honor Coached by Trent Lowman.

I wonder if he's gonna come in and compete for the starting role, or if Carthel plans on moving him to TE?
SFAJack_76
May is the QB coach.
SFAXE93
By the look of that pose in that picture, it looks like he is going to be a QB.
SFASawmillGuy
Yeah I read the quote after I posted. Spring is going to be interesting for sure.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Yeah I read the quote after I posted. Spring is going to be interesting for sure.

How many years of eligibility does he (Boaz) have?
SFAXE93
Boaz was in the class of 2020 and Redshirted. Was practice squad in 2022 and saw one appearance in 2023. At least two years I say maybe 3.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Boaz was in the class of 2020 and Redshirted. Was practice squad in 2022 and saw one appearance in 2023. At least two years I say maybe 3.

A year learning our system, then taking the reins?
SFAXE93

djsfw57
SFAXE93 said:

Can someone explain the term "cheat code"? Never heard of it and have no clue how to decipher it.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Can someone explain the term "cheat code"? Never heard of it and have no clue how to decipher it.

Good question. I have no idea how it pertains to football. I think it is a term used among kids in video gaming circles. Ways to cheat or get around normal methods in order to achieve a positive end result of a game.
SFAXE93
Yes, I'd say it's a video game reference as well, more towards Madden Football with a cheat sheet that helps you to obtain a player with all the talents in one.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93

djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

djsfw57 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Good question. I have no idea how it pertains to football. I think it is a term used among kids in video gaming circles. Ways to cheat or get around normal methods in order to achieve a positive end result of a game.
Thanks!
SFA, Class of 1979
djsfw57
SFAXE93 said:

Yes, I'd say it's a video game reference as well, more towards Madden Football with a cheat sheet that helps you to obtain a player with all the talents in one.
Thanks - that helps a lot!
SFA, Class of 1979
SFASawmillGuy
djsfw57 said:

SFAXE93 said:

After watching his high school highlights I'd agree too. He might be a little small to keep as the QB but looks like he has the playmaking ability to bring a lot to the table. Keeps his eyes downfield as he scrambles and has good accuracy on his throws.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

A year learning our system, then taking the reins?
New OC, new system for everyone to learn. I think QB 1 role is open for competition.
SFAXE93

Looks like a QB to me.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.