2022 NCAA MBB Recruiting - General Discussions

18,625 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks1989
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I'd start a new thread to inform/discuss happenings or observations in 2022 MBB recruiting in general... Things that don't really fit into the SFA recruiting Offers or Commits threads.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Noticed that Braelon Bush, a 5'6" high-scoring SG from Silsbee who came close to committing to SFA a year or two ago, has entered the portal. He eventually signed with McNeese. We're probably not in the market for another guard, but it will be interesting to see where he lands.
No-look
Watched that kid play in high school and when McNeese came to Nac. He is a baller. Lamar might be a good fit for him. If he was 6'2" or talker he would be at a big school
SFA Jack Fanatic
As of March 23, the current school leader in the "Most Players in the Portal" contest has to be Alabama State, with 11. Wonder what's going on there??

In the current/future WAC, Tarleton has 8, Lamar has 4, Dixie State has 2, UIW has 5, NMSU has 3, UTRGV has 7, UTA has 3, UVU has 1, Cal Baptist has 2, and SFA has 1.
BigJack85
Ya. Hope we get our hands on a solid forward We need it. A lot. Seems like we are pretty full at the 1-3 slots.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Wonder if SFA is still after him.
No-look
Jacks4460
Would of loved to of had him and G down low this year... Glad Karl is succeeding in life..
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Don't know who is advising him, but based on watching him in a few games this year, I just can't see his ceiling to be very high. Wish him well though.
Jacks4460
Dont know if he is NBA caliber just yet but he has plenty of length and can jump out of the gym.. I watched him a couple times myself and he was good defender.. i bet he goes to Europe.. We could of sure used him down low this year since our depth was really limited..
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

As of March 23, the current school leader in the "Most Players in the Portal" contest has to be Alabama State, with 11. Wonder what's going on there??

In the current/future WAC, Tarleton has 8, Lamar has 4, Dixie State has 2, UIW has 5, NMSU has 3, UTRGV has 7, UTA has 3, UVU has 1, Cal Baptist has 2, and SFA has 1.
is our 1 Jules Moor or someone else?
Rev007
Is there a mutiny at Tarleton?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

is our 1 Jules Moor or someone else?
From the list I saw, he was our one on it.
jboy93
Looks like Jock Hughes is back in the portal!
TallTexan
Cofer in the portal.

Which makes sense.

how many spots does that give us?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just checked the WAC board that I seldom look at....it shows UTRVG with 10 in the portal and Tarleton with 8 or 9. Some Tarleton poster said it looks like Gillespe is cleaning house...wonder if that is the true reason. As for Figger at UTRVG, hard to build anything if everyone jumps ship.
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Cofer in the portal.

Which makes sense.

how many spots does that give us?

I think we're at 7 guards 4 forwards. 2 spots?
No-look
Recruiting is starting to pick up steam in the WAC. ACU got a good one. With whatever spots we have left, they need to COUNT
BigJack85
Our moves look to be largely , portal/juco. I would like to see us take a HS guy like Nana and turn him into a force. Just doesn't seem to happen as often as you would think.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Since LSU fired Will Wade, the Tigers have lost 11 players to the portal, 2 players to the NBA draft, and all 4 players who had committed in 2022 and 2023. They have zero scholarship players from this past season still on the roster. OUCH!

Things are not looking good for the Tigers right now.
SFAXE93
True, but there will always be plenty of basketball players to go around and many will see LSU as an opportunity to play right away.

A program that big, with their prestige, and facilities will have no problem recruiting top talent to Baton Rouge in the coming years.
No-look
Lamar is adding some good pieces. They may bounce back quicker than expected
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Since LSU fired Will Wade, the Tigers have lost 11 players to the portal, 2 players to the NBA draft, and all 4 players who had committed in 2022 and 2023. They have zero scholarship players from this past season still on the roster. OUCH!

Things are not looking good for the Tigers right now.
Looks like a good time for a new beginning. Lol
No-look
Isn't Wednesday signing day?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Isn't Wednesday signing day?
Yes.
PurpleOut
Staff
Anderson Kopp back in the portal. Went from Lamar to Kansas City averaged 8PPG last season.
No-look
After seeing the number of players entering the transfer portal daily it may be easier to just name the ones who didn't enter
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

After seeing the number of players entering the transfer portal daily it may be easier to just name the ones who didn't enter

My, what a tangled web we weave.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Truth!
No-look
Nice get for NMS. Was a starter at Mizzouri
PurpleOut
Staff
If we weren't all in on Guards already, I would take a shot at getting Keonte Kennedy. We were after him hard out of HS.

Led UTEP in rebound and steals, 3rd in scoring.

nacluth
True, but you also take the best players you can get sometimes.
TallTexan
At 6'5, you could do worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.