SFA NIL

5,422 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very informative, thanks Ed!

I'm not sure there's much we can do about kids transferring for 75k checks. I'd do that today.

But we definitely need to get that WBB number up.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

I'm not sure there's much we can do about kids transferring for 75k checks. I'd do that today.

I just added WBB to my monthly sawmill donation
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

That's what I'm talkin' about! You're a good man, 85!
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

That's what I'm talkin' about! You're a good man, 85!

For sure!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl

We will have a zoom discussion on Wednesday, April 10th from 530 to 6 to discuss a couple of options for NIL and WBB. PM me if you would like the zoom link or you can email us at thewwdubclub@gmail.com
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

We will have a zoom discussion on Wednesday, April 10th from 530 to 6 to discuss a couple of options for NIL and WBB. PM me if you would like the zoom link or you can email us at thewwdubclub@gmail.com
Thanks for joining, guys! We plan to meet again with some new information in about 2 weeks. If you want to join in on the conversation, let me know and I will send you the CORRECT zoom link & not my co-workers lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Interesting information from an article I ran across on the interwebs.

NIL Deals Are Distributed Evenly Between Men and Women, Report Says

That marks a shift from last year, when NIL deals skewed more toward men than women athletes, according to SponsorUnited.

It's a good time to be playing women's college sports. Not only did this year's women's March Madness final see higher viewership than the men's final for the first time, but women college athletes are now also seeing about even distribution of NIL deals as men, according to a report from SponsorUnited.

Girls club: Of the top 100 athletes based on number of NIL deals in 2023, 52% are women and 48% are men, according to SponsorUnited's 2023-2024 NIL Marketing Partnerships report.
  • In 2022, that split was 38% women, 62% men.
  • Volleyball and softball largely drove the growth.
  • The number of players from those two sports who made the top 100 list doubled from six in 2022 to 12 in 2023.

Basketball, though, is still dominant: 35% of women's NIL deals are in that sport, compared to 18% in gymnastics and 15% in volleyball. Women's basketball outranked men's basketball in terms of average deals per athlete, with women's basketball deals up 60% from 2022 to 2023.

Women's volleyball saw the most growth in average number of deals per athlete from 2022 to 2023, with the number of volleyball deals doubling in the past year, according to the report. That's thanks, in part, to recent Southern Methodist University graduate Alex Glover, who activated 41 deals in the past 12 months compared to eight the year prior. Volleyball has also shown signs of sponsorship growth at the professional level in the US recently.

Go No pro: A "staggering" number35%of brands now invest only in college athletes and have no major pro athlete deals, according to the report. Hey Dude Shoes, EA Sports, CVS, Adidas, and Raising Cane's have the highest number of NIL deals across sports.

It's not unheard of for college athletes to carry their NIL deals with them to the pros, but it's also not very common, per SponsorUnited: Less than 15% of NIL deals are renewed during the first year of an athlete's pro career. "Regardless of sport or gender, athletes tend to transition to alternative brands upon finding success in the professional leagues," according to the report.
SFA88
70 schools seems high. I don't think the majority of the new Big-12 can compete with the kind of money that is thrown around. For a brief moment, a skilled player might not go and sit on a bench for 3 years. Now, you might think about sitting on the bench for a million.
SFA Jack Fanatic
"In talking to people across CBB this week there's an unrelenting, overwhelming sentiment that portal recruitingwhile new/crazy the past few yearsis at an entirely different level of insanity + untrustworthiness in 2024 due to the NCAA being forced to back off all NIL oversight." ~ Matt Norlander, CBS Sports
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.