"SFA Athletics Refresh" June 1?

7,406 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
AxeEm99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just viewed a post on Facebook from SFA Athletics regarding a "refresh" ocurring on June 1. Is SFA once again trying to move away from our current iconic logo? (If so, I am NOT in favor it!!)

What are your thoughts???
SFAJack_76
This is Athletics, not the University logo.
nacluth
Are they trying to make my profile pic out of date?
Pilotgirl
I'm nervous, tbh. And excited. But more nervous.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I am more intrigued. We have some really talented graphics people.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Agree, but this probably isn't an internal thing however, you almost always use a 3rd party for full design creation and logo. I think it's something we've been working on for a while actually.

Sorry but the "Angry Axe" needed to go. Same with those other weird logos in the video.
wahlwesle
PurpleOut said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Agree, but this probably isn't an internal thing however, you almost always use a 3rd party for full design creation and logo. I think it's something we've been working on for a while actually.

Sorry but the "Angry Axe" needed to go. Same with those other weird logos in the video.
I just hope we don't give prison tech another reason to laugh at us. It better be better than what they just came up with.
BigJack85
I think this is what we in corporate marketing called a "rationalization". We , SFA have multiple "formats" for the SFA logo etc. I do not believe our iconic university logo is going anywhere or changing. More likely is a streamlining of the athletic logos. I am not concerned. In fact I'm excited. We need a refresh and badly.
TallTexan
wahlwesle said:

PurpleOut said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

I just hope we don't give prison tech another reason to laugh at us. It better be better than what they just came up with.

Amen.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

I think this is what we in corporate marketing called a "rationalization". We , SFA have multiple "formats" for the SFA logo etc. I do not believe our iconic university logo is going anywhere or changing. More likely is a streamlining of the athletic logos. I am not concerned. In fact I'm excited. We need a refresh and badly.

I'm up for refreshing the logo. Even the SFA logo.

But dang they did such a bad job of it last time when the uni did it.

Have higher hopes for an athletic department streamline.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I'm up for refreshing the logo. Even the SFA logo.

But dang they did such a bad job of it last time when the uni did it.

Have higher hopes for an athletic department streamline.

Don't mess with the SFA logo, Texan. The athletic logo? Axe it!
SFAXE93
Here it is...

SF Austin

SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hmmm, I don't know after that last logo debacle. Guess we will see soon enough. The 20 year old athletes in the vid like it but I've got 40+ years on them and not fond of change plus not liking the music that most 20 yr olds listen to so I might be a bit apprehensive....but hopeful.
BigJack85
I'm not sure what all the concern is.....
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Me neither. The school logo isn't changing. Athletic logos are being refreshed. I never cared for the angry axe. The others are pretty blah to me. Timing is right.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Me neither. The school logo isn't changing. Athletic logos are being refreshed. I never cared for the angry axe. The others are pretty blah to me. Timing is right.

This is a good "redirect" after the bad news.......
SFAXE93
sfajack05
The only change I would make to the main university logo is spread out the letters a little more.

Excited to see what they came up with for the refresh for the athletic logo.
BigJack85
Just guessing but I'd doubt there is ANY change to the university (academic) logo.
LadyJack2013
Y'all it is going to be an amazing update and "refresh".
I can't wait to see it on Monday!
#AxeEm
#WeSTILLBeatDuke
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Just guessing but I'd doubt there is ANY change to the university (academic) logo.

I wouldn't even change it or clean it up right now. Let changes trickle up. Want to try out a design, put it on a shirt, see if it gets popular.

IMO starting with athletics is the right way to do things. You can tweak all sorts of cool stuff with jerseys and if a design really catches on, take it to the wider university.
BigJack85
Like I said, I don't think there will be any changes on the academic side.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Like I said, I don't think there will be any changes on the academic side.

Agree! We 've got the best logo in the SLC and one of the most recognizable ones in the country. Don't
mess with a good thing. The university learned that lesson already.
wahlwesle
Does everyone think the "something's coming" videos on the basketball social media accounts is this brand refresh, or is it something else? They have all been defense related, and are different than the other brand refresh videos I have seen.

BigJack85
I don't think that's an accident......
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think it's just someone in the MBB program who is trying to keep We The Faithful faithful after the splurge of bad news we've been exposed to in the last couple of weeks. It sure beats getting nothing from athletic teams during long stretches of no sports like we always see during the summer months. In fact, I'd love to see all of the athletic teams put out occasional "quickies" like this to maintain interest.
SFAJack_76
There has been some sort of social media post for many of our teams over the last couple of weeks. Off the top of my head, I remember seeing at least football, baseball, WBB, soccer, volleyball, softball, T&F.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
I especially like the Texas flag axe. That's pretty awesome.
BigJack85
I like it. In complete support.
TallTexan
Removing the bevel on the primary logo is a nice change too. Cleaner.

I'd have went a hair darker on the purple they used in that one, but that's a small nitpicking thing.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm good with it, nothing crazy. The only thing I'm not sure of, is the S at the end of "Lumberjacks Athletics." Seems like it should be "Lumberjack Athletics."
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm good with it, nothing crazy. The only thing I'm not sure of, is the S at the end of "Lumberjacks Athletics." Seems like it should be "Lumberjack Athletics."

That's a good point. Rob says on the broadcast, welcome to SFA Lumberjack basketball.

Then again, we also say Axe Em Jacks.

Feels like Lumberjacks Athletics is grammatically correct but perhaps phonetically displeasing?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.