"SFA Athletics Refresh" June 1?

7,428 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like it too generally speaking. I've never been a fan in all athletic logos when the name of the school is hard to read and you're left with just the mascot. So, I think the wordmark with "Stephen F. Austin" minimized needs a little touching up to maximize visibility. Also, I don't think the sideways double bladed axe on the tertiary logo is that compelling. I love the vertical axe, but I think visually it's ambiguous with just the blade (the horizontal one).
Ljacks&Longnecks
The new logos are good...clean, sharp and nothing crazy or over the top. I would agree with Ryan though that the "Stephen F Austin" wording on the top needs to be a bit more visible. We know who Lumberjacks and Ladyjacks are but most of the general public probably does not, so for that reason school name should be a bit more prominent in the design. Overall good look.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

The new logos are good...clean, sharp and nothing crazy or over the top. I would agree with Ryan though that the "Stephen F Austin" wording on the top needs to be a bit more visible. We know who Lumberjacks and Ladyjacks are but most of the general public probably does not, so for that reason school name should be a bit more prominent in the design. Overall good look.

Good point.

That was my one gripe about "Lumberjacks make great Sawmill Posters" campaign.

They're very visually appealing, messaging is great, but if you're just looking at a billboard you've gotta know who the Lumberjacks already are.
TallTexan
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.