Under Armour

6 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am not familiar with how companies like Under Armour, Nike, Adidas and their sponsorship works with college athletics other than they supply gear for the teams and what I have heard about the FBI prob into Adidas.

I noticed that TAM-CC is with Adidas. I was curious if it matters which one you are with.

For example if Nike and Adidas seem to be 2 of the largest and Adidas is telling Kansas you are our top priority (as noted in the trails) then are you better off with Under Armour who does not have as big of a presence with the top teams so maybe we are not playing second fiddle to team like Kansas. At the same time I have heard that being with say Nike you have a good shot at recruiting kids that are in Nike's EYBL (legally of course).

Just curious if the apparel company matters for SFA for recruiting, marketing and for the program as a whole.
TallTexan
Matt might have more insight into this, but I doubt on our level that it matters a ton. I'd say the biggest get for programs like ours is the free gear & whatever they pay us.
PurpleOut
Staff
Sorry never saw this one.

I don't think it matters a ton at this level. Because unfortunately, even with our current deal with UA, we'll still be playing second fiddle to other UA schools. Auburn, Texas Tech, etc will get more gear, more publicity from UA then we ever will (maybe with a really deep tourney run). A lot is going to be based on exposure (TV), which is why UA has so many smaller schools like us.

I agree and think obviously that Nike is the biggest player in the game, and probably the biggest catch for a recruit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.