Fundraising

7,865 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is thru the Alumni Association...here's the tailgating setup but little info...$250 gets you a padfolio and $500 gets you the tailgating experience, whatever that entails.
Pilotgirl
The 250/500, you become a 'Sustaining Life Member' instead of Life Member, which I currently am.
TallTexan
Oooh, I like it!
SFAJack_76
As alumni association life members we got the same opportunity to donate, and we will. We have had a joint life membership for a really long time. Both our daughter and son have lifetime memberships as well.
Pilotgirl
Yes, that's where it was sent from...wonder if they will expand to others? If you get info on the tailgate experience
..let us know!
BigJack85
I'm about to dial in for the $250. I'm already a member and this sounds like something that'll move the needle.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
In case anyone knows of a spring grad.

Pilotgirl
I don't know ANYONE .....Just kidding!
BigJack85
Proud to say my family has three! My brother 88' , myself 85' and my daughter 2014'

Axe 'Em Jacks!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
purplitis72
Myself, my daughter and my wife.
PurpleOut
Staff
The first of the tailgating crates (I don't know what we're officially calling them) was out for the spring game.

nacluth
I'm glad they put it in that end zone. Last year when they tried something on the other side, no one could see the video board. Looking forward to see where this is going.
Jacks4460
10K for the season... not really sure what it includes but somewhere around 15-25 tickets per game i do know... They are really nice tho and for someone that owns a business and likes taking customers to events then this is the thing... They even have a keg tap in there for your beer drinkers...
nacluth
Four home games right? So 2.5K/game for 25 tickets. About $100 ticket for on field experience with food/bar. Sounds decent to me.

Let's pool up for the Sawmill crate. People will be lining up for that party.
TallTexan
100 per ticket is not bad if it's for a business. 15-25 clients/suppliers, etc, could be a big hit.
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

Four home games right? So 2.5K/game for 25 tickets. About $100 ticket for on field experience with food/bar. Sounds decent to me.

Let's pool up for the Sawmill crate. People will be lining up for that party.
Doing a total of 5 of them and 2 are already spoken for... So that leaves three left.. i am in a group of 5 that is looking for a couple others to get in on it... I am just waiting on the food/bar and if its included.. I was told food was but i need things in writing... SHould know alot more here in a couple weeks... i was thinking just like you $100 per ticket is not that expensive for on the field experience/food and such...
Jacks4460
They will line all 5 up in the North Endzone...
PurpleOut
Staff
The rest of them are apparently being approved today by the board.

I'm curious if there will be any for a game by game basis. If so, I'm definitely down to look at one for a single game with everyone.

I won't be able to come to Nac this fall as much as normal, have another baby coming in October.
nacluth
Congratulations Matt! It only gets better...and crazier. Definitely crazier.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

Have you been watching the board meeting today...I got busy and havent been able to watch.. I was wondering about the naming rights and what that was about...
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I won't be able to come to Nac this fall as much as normal, have another baby coming in October.
Congrats! If you need any naming ideas, let us know, we're a pretty creative bunch!
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

PurpleOut said:

Have you been watching the board meeting today...I got busy and havent been able to watch.. I was wondering about the naming rights and what that was about...
No I haven't had much extra time today.

Thanks everyone, this is third (and final) kid. I'm asking Ivey for a daycare in the Coliseum.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Yes, that's where it was sent from...wonder if they will expand to others? If you get info on the tailgate experience
..let us know!
I called the Alumni office and talked to someone that up front said he did not know a lot about this. Most of the staff was in a meeting, but he did work back and forth to answer some questions. Most of this he seemed reasonably sure about, but there are some details being worked out, so don't hold me to this as being absolute.

The $250/$500 level contribution for benefits is the same for individual or joint life memberships.

For $250, you get the purple padfolio.

For $500, or more, you get the padfolio plus the north end zone tailgate experience.
  • For individual memberships, the availability is for the member plus one.
  • For joint, it is for the two members.
  • Food and drink included. I did not ask if this included alcoholic drink, or was a cash bar like Alumni Corner. I suspect included.
  • They are working with the athletic department to determine if game tickets will be included. TBD
  • All four home games are included.

Probably, that is all I know right now, but let me know of any questions.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Jacks4460 said:

PurpleOut said:

Thanks everyone, this is third (and final) kid. I'm asking Ivey for a daycare in the Coliseum.
Well, if you can make it work, I think Amazon Arena would definitely make some room for a daycare.
SFAJack_76
Other than the Alumni deal, I have not heard what gets one a place for a game.
TallTexan
I think those are gonna be cool on gameday.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

I think those are gonna be cool on gameday.
They will look quite different when they are opened up.
TallTexan
Ya I was just looking at that.

I'm most excited about if they use them for basketball & other sports. That'd be awesome.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I'm most excited about if they use them for basketball & other sports. That'd be awesome.

They're supposed to be movable, I'm thinking they can be pulled up on a flat bed...like towing a car. Just my guess.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

They're supposed to be movable, I'm thinking they can be pulled up on a flat bed...like towing a car. Just my guess.
My understanding as well. They can move them to the soccer field or elsewhere.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
I wonder how long they take to move & setup.

We should look at getting one for the admissions team & send them to every festival & event in Texas with it.
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.