Purple Lights Fund (old Varsity Club)

28,840 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

I was just asking a question bc I didn't know I think this may affect attendance at games, IMHO. I will def have to factor that in with my giving & season ticket costs. Wish we knew how much parking is going to be. I have handicap parking so mine might be more bc it is in the higher level but just speculating.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to post that as an answer as if you we're complaining about paying extra.

But yes, it's in accordance to where you fall on the donation chart. It's the same system I've seen my parents use with the Longhorns foundation. The more you donate, the better parking you get.

Parking passes in past have never really been enforced. I'll be interested to see what changes are visible this season.
nacluth
Do we know what Basketball season tix price is yet?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Do we know what Basketball season tix price is yet?
This is what is posted. I don't know if it is up to date.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/2017/7/31/basketball-ticket-information.aspx

Of course, the real answer is "priceless."
Ljacks&Longnecks
I can certainly see parking areas in conjunction with your PLF giving or season ticket purchase.
I really can't see charging the casual Nacogdoches/east Texas fan to park for a football game. The Nac area is not exactly wealthy per capita but it is the area that SFA needs to work with to build the support and fan base. I wouldn't want to see the causal east Texas fan decide to stay away from games because their entertainment dollars are limited and they must pick and choose accordingly and a parking fee drives them elsewhere.
UT, A&M etc have huge fanbases and can charge whatever they want and will still fill parking lots and stadiums.
SFA does not have that luxury and needs to be somewhat realistic in pursuit of the financial growth they desire while building more local community spirit and support. What works in Austin, Dallas , Houston or at
Washington St may not fly very well in Nacogdoches.
As someone said in another thread.....SFA fans are fickle as it is.......let's not price the locals out of the games since those are a lot of the fans we need to show up.
CertifiedAxeman98
I just renewed my season tickets and decided to get 4 rather than the 2 I had last year. When I got the email confirmation the below is what it said at the bottom of the confirmation so it seems they still need to update their emails to change it to the purple light fund.

"Have you reserved your parking space yet? A season parking pass for football and basketball is available to Varsity Club donors at the Victory ($250) Level and above. Call the Varsity Club office at 936-468-7105 to reserve your parking today!"
PurpleOut
Staff
I've been trying this morning and get a "Delivery Method is invalid (SFASU)" error.
CertifiedAxeman98
Because I was adding 2 more seats I had to call to renew my tickets so you may try calling.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I've been trying this morning and get a "Delivery Method is invalid (SFASU)" error.

I was getting the same, so took care of it with a short call to the ticket office. 936/468-5225
Pilotgirl
Did the price change for season tickets? I will get 2 instead if 1.
CertifiedAxeman98
Appears to be the same as last year. Here is the info.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/2017/7/31/basketball-ticket-information.aspx
Pilotgirl
Thanks!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
For those that have contributed. For those that have not, you still can. Money is being put to great use.
BigJack85
I just received my "Purple Lights" membership kit!!! Awesome. The Purple Lights flag is cool. I'll be flying it proudly next Saturday!!!

Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Got ours yesterday also. The flag is pretty cool.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
I was able to attend the PLF luncheon. Random comments.

Rather than having the weekly press conference at WRJ, and then have the luncheon, they essentially combined the two. Each of the fall coaches had an opening statement and then answered questions from KTRE. After he was done, it was open to anyone to ask questions.

Nothing really new from soccer, volleyball, or cross country. CC coach did say the guys were up to about 80-90 miles a week.

Carthel was not there. He and Sarah were in the delivery room. Power and Storm were there in his place. They certainly are not the dynamic speaker that Carthel is. Relative to the Tarleton game, Self will be great, but he has to keep his feet on the ground. He gets happy feet. Ward had a breakout game at RB. Defensively, the explosive plays must be eliminated. Power said it was all correctable. Inexperience is a big reason for kids not properly adjusting, being out of position, etc.

They are still breaking down SUU film. They have identified about 100 formations. Lots of motion offense. That could be a challenge for our inexperienced guys.

That is all from memory. Let me know if you have a question.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

I was able to attend the PLF luncheon. Random comments.

Rather than having the weekly press conference at WRJ, and then have the luncheon, they essentially combined the two. Each of the fall coaches had an opening statement and then answered questions from KTRE. After he was done, it was open to anyone to ask questions.

Nothing really new from soccer, volleyball, or cross country. CC coach did say the guys were up to about 80-90 miles a week.

Carthel was not there. He and Sarah were in the delivery room. Power and Storm were there in his place. They certainly are not the dynamic speaker that Carthel is. Relative to the Tarleton game, Self will be great, but he has to keep his feet on the ground. He gets happy feet. Ward had a breakout game at RB. Defensively, the explosive plays must be eliminated. Power said it was all correctable. Inexperience is a big reason for kids not properly adjusting, being out of position, etc.

They are still breaking down SUU film. They have identified about 100 formations. Lots of motion offense. That could be a challenge for our inexperienced guys.

That is all from memory. Let me know if you have a question.
Great info and entirely on target from what I witnessed. My only question is, have they figured out who is going to be eligible and who is not? Seems that we are missing a significant number of contributors that could have made a difference out there on Saturday.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
The key to great parking is to show up 20 minutes after the game starts. I always get the best spots after driving over.
PurpleOut
Staff
The commuter lot is just a beating to get out of. I didn't use my pass most of last season after I realized it took longer to get out from the front. Always park near an exit.

Side note, I don't know why we don't have cops or anyone directing traffic after games on University. People not understanding how to merge or turn out of the lot is a whole different story.
TallTexan
Yep, I usually try to park where I can get out quick.

We could empty that lot in 5 minutes with a cop blocking traffic though.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
The commemorative basketball is pretty sweet. Would be really cool to know how many they are making.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

The commemorative basketball is pretty sweet. Would be really cool to know how many they are making.
It's sold for $350.
TallTexan
That went quick. Someone did the buy it now.
SFAJack_76
There is a second basketball up for bid.
cboothe09
Basketball and helmet are my favorites...
SFAJack_76
Looks like the second basketball is gone for $350. The helmet is up to $350.
Pilotgirl
And they increased the BUY NOW to $400!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
https://www.caringconnector.net/product/txdmv-approved-commemorative-sfa-win-vs-duke-license-plate/

New Item.
nacluth
Pretty sweet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.