Welecome Ryan Ivey

33,167 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SFAJack_76
tangerito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wanted to welcome our new AD and wish him the best of luck. We can't wait to see you build on what Robert Hill did for SFA Athletics.
TallTexan
Also, we need to get him a Sawmill account.

Good luck Ryan Ivey!

You've got your work cut out for you with baseball, football, & tennis.
OldSchool
Welcome Ryan,

It looks like you will off and running finding the Jacks a new FB coach for next season. Sorry with the old coach situation but he actually did the program a favor and you can start your search for a new coach in the open because we now a vacancy.

Hope to get to meet you in person during football preseason practices. You have a tough act to follow, but Im sure your up for job.

Good hunting
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Yep.

PurpleOut
Staff
Reminder that today's press conference will be live on ESPN3 at 1:30.
PurpleOut
Staff
I like what I'm hearing. Already mentioned facilities and raising money/increasing revenue.
SFAXE93
Yep he nailed it, facilities.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
He definitely said all of the things we wanted to hear. I especially liked that he aims for SFA to have the best Mid-Major athletics program in the entire country. A lofty goal, for sure. Now, let's see if he plays as well as he talks.
TallTexan
edstile said:

He definitely said all of the things we wanted to hear. I especially liked that he aims for SFA to have the best Mid-Major athletics program in the entire country. A lofty goal, for sure. Now, let's see if he plays as well as he talks.
IDK Ed, you think he could keep up with Kevon & TJ???

Ohhhh that was a metaphor for what he'll be doing as AD.
TallTexan
Any way to watch it after the fact? I missed it!
Jacks4460
TallTexan go to the Watch ESPN app and you can watch the whole thing there...
Jacks4460
I loved everything he said..Especially the last part of doing everything he can to make sure that our student athletes have the best academic experience along with making them ready for the real world... Talked about holding people accountable which is great...
SFAJack_76

He said the right things. Agree that when he got away from his written comments to talk about the student athletes, his passion and energy really showed.

TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan go to the Watch ESPN app and you can watch the whole thing there...
Thanks, watching now.

My goodness, Baker Patillo is really showing his age.
TallTexan
I love when he mentioned sports being marketing for the University.

And also his plan for joining the Big 12, that was particularly nice.
SFAJack_76
Ivey...

TallTexan
I really think this Ivey is gonna work out well for us.
PurpleOut
Staff
He's extremely active on social media. Night and day from Hill. They're obviously different guys, but this is a different age where you can reach fans within seconds on Twitter, IG, Facebook, etc.

Also plugging the VC again. Everyone should be joining now, even at the smallest level which is only $50/year. Every little bit helps, and you can put it towards any sport that you want. And is tax deductible. If the VC grows, then I guarantee our overall athletics department will too.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

He's extremely active on social media. Night and day from Hill. They're obviously different guys, but this is a different age where you can reach fans within seconds on Twitter, IG, Facebook, etc.

Also plugging the VC again. Everyone should be joining now, even at the smallest level which is only $50/year. Every little bit helps, and you can put it towards any sport that you want. And is tax deductible. If the VC grows, then I guarantee our overall athletics department will too
Yes join the Varsity Club... I have been calling former classmates and fraternity brothers and making them join..
PurpleOut
Staff
If you signed up for the new SFA Marketing stuff, you should have gotten your first email yesterday announcing the Bama game. I think they would be wise to use this to publicize the VC more.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just re-upped my VC last night and got a call this morning from Tyler Boone thanking me for my renewal. Next stop will be basketballl season tickets.

44-- what do you mean " made" them join---are you that scary or what!!
Jacks4460
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Just re-upped my VC last night and got a call this morning from Tyler Boone thanking me for my renewal. Next stop will be basketballl season tickets.

44-- what do you mean " made" them join---are you that scary or what!!
No sir most of them just owed me a favor. Plus they are wealthy dudes that always gripe about our sports not being on par with others.. I got 3 of them to go with me to Katy this year and enjoy our team and watch our awesome coaches do what they do.. All 3 are millionaires and SFA grads.. I said if you ever want to see our university take the next step then you will have to donate some $$$ to the cause, so that we can build a WORLD CLASS training/nutrition/Player Development building, so that our student athletes can excel in school, playing field ,and the real world. If we have top notch facilities then the recruits will come.. They need to put up or shut up.. The time is now since we have some momentum moving forward.. We need to keep pushing forward...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

No sir most of them just owed me a favor. Plus they are wealthy dudes that always gripe about our sports not being on par with others.. I got 3 of them to go with me to Katy this year and enjoy our team and watch our awesome coaches do what they do.. All 3 are millionaires and SFA grads.. I said if you ever want to see our university take the next step then you will have to donate some $$$ to the cause, so that we can build a WORLD CLASS training/nutrition/Player Development building, so that our student athletes can excel in school, playing field ,and the real world. If we have top notch facilities then the recruits will come.. They need to put up or shut up.. The time is now since we have some momentum moving forward.. We need to keep pushing forward...
You tha man, 4460!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
44-I gotta say if just a small portion of SFA grads, fans and students had your enthusiasm and drive we would be at the top of mid-majors and beyond. Love your spirit.
SFAJack_76
Ivey doing work.

Jacks4460
Yes sir... Like to see this..
Jacks4460
I have a good feeling Ivey is gonna get it done... Mr Hill did a great great job of setting Ivey up.. UA deal is HUGE for a school like ours with limited funds. If we win some conference championships then they will be paying our Athletic Dept something. Ivey is set up to succeed that is for sure..
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
ICYMI. Photo was obviously pre SFA.

SFAJack_76
When talking with Ivey yesterday, he brought up the book "Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. I had read it about six months ago, and recommend it. I find it interesting to know what leaders are reading.
BigJack85
So far I'm impressed with Ivey. Despite my claims of SFA being woefully underfunded athletically we are still better funded than almost all of the SLC schools. Based on my research only Sam Houston has a higher effective budget. The qualifier "effective" is used to offset the fact that UIW and the other private universities spend significantly more money when you qualify that part of that cost of the actual scholarship which at a private university is significantly higher.

My reason for mentioning this is , the way I see it getting more external funds raised and completing one of the minor projects that need to be done. Getting an actual soccer field house with toilets etc. Either moving baseball on campus or update/expand the current field house... If Ivey gets a couple of those things done in the next 4-5 years he will have knocked it out of the park. Literally and figuratively.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

So far I'm impressed with Ivey. Despite my claims of SFA being woefully underfunded athletically we are still better funded than almost all of the SLC schools. Based on my research only Sam Houston has a higher effective budget. The qualifier "effective" is used to offset the fact that UIW and the other private universities spend significantly more money when you qualify that part of that cost of the actual scholarship which at a private university is significantly higher.

My reason for mentioning this is , the way I see it getting more external funds raised and completing one of the minor projects that need to be done. Getting an actual soccer field house with toilets etc. Either moving baseball on campus or update/expand the current field house... If Ivey gets a couple of those things done in the next 4-5 years he will have knocked it out of the park. Literally and figuratively.

If he can get the students to vote for an ath fee then it will explode....The facilities will be built and athletes will come..
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.