2018 Ladyjacks Softball

23,371 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
edstile said:

Ladyjack Softball beats HBU 3-2 in 10 innings in the first of two. Ladyjacks are 22-17 and 10-6.
And, 2-1in the second game. Go for the road sweep tomorrow.
SFAJack_76
Shout out to your first place Ladyjack softball team with a 6-1 win over HBU for the sweep. It is a four way tie for first, but first all the same.

Next up is a three game set at UIW before finishing out the regular season with seven games at home.

SFAJack_76
nacluth
Boom!
SFAXE93
Guess we are going to be needing a new coach soon?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

I hope not, but she is destined for a bigger and better program. She turned a mess around in less than two years and is doing it the right way. Those that did not share her vision moved on. She loaded up with Juco transfers year one and is now moving heavy to high school recruits.

Now, if the university leadership committed to a new on campus softball/baseball complex ..... Give her a reason to stay, please.
PurpleForever
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

I hope not, but she is destined for a bigger and better program. She turned a mess around in less than two years and is doing it the right way. Those that did not share her vision moved on. She loaded up with Juco transfers year one and is now moving heavy to high school recruits.

Now, if the university leadership committed to a new on campus softball/baseball complex ..... Give her a reason to stay, please.

I don't believe we have to worry about her moving on relatively soon. If you've followed this team in previous year then this was sort of expected. This senior class has been starting since their freshman year, including both pitchers that have been pitching every conference game. Next year will be very telling without having these seniors. I still expect great things, just interested to see what will be coming to replace them. One of the best pitchers in the state has signed for next year (she was a commit from the previous coaching staff), but we still need a few more replacements. Dickson has been a great motivator and I'm excited to see the rest of this season and what she brings in next year.
SFAJack_76
11-2 five inning run rule win for another road sweep.

I suspect, and certainly hope, that Dickson is good for another year or two. Sikes has been very good in the circle and someone will have to step up to the one spot. Both Anderson and Hernandez have looked good. Hitting is the biggest area of opportunity for improvement. Youth is leading the way there. Leading hitter is a freshman with others coming along well.

Ultimately, a good young coach will get an opportunity for a job where there are good, on campus facilities and more money. I doubt that a Big12, Pac12, or SEC school is ready to make that leap, but it might not be long with the tesume' she is building.
nacluth
First place battle tonight as we take on McNeese at home. Would be nice to make a statement this weekend.
SFAXE93

SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

2 straight losses and not even close
No.

SFAJack_76
4-3 win in the DH second game for the Ladyjacks taking the series 2-1.

Tied for second with SLU, one game behind Nicholls.
BigJack85
Ladyjacks softball is the "feel good " story of the year for SFA fans.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

RPI of 139 out of 293 D1 teams before this weekend. They just took two of three from the team with an RPI of 48.

Last three regular season conference games this coming weekend against middle of the pack ACU. Hope this team gets the fan support they deserve.
SFAXE93
sorry i got that wrong, twitter confused me on the score. lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Absolutely! And lots of youth on this team.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Big series this weekend with ACU.

SFAJack_76
Two more very nice additions to the recruiting class. The addition of an experienced catcher is very positive.

nacluth
It's nice to see a program on the rise.
nacluth
Girls lost both games today to ACU putting us down to 4th in the SLC. One final game tomorrow at noon. If they win, they enter a three way tie for second, otherwise stay in fourth.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Girls lost both games today to ACU putting us down to 4th in the SLC. One final game tomorrow at noon. If they win, they enter a three way tie for second, otherwise stay in fourth.
It was not a good day. Infield defense was poor in the first game. Second game was disappointing all the way around; hitting, pitching, and base running. Down by three in the bottom of the seventh and ran into a double play to end the game. Hold the runners, and the bases are loaded with one out. I appreciate being aggressive, but pick your spots coach. ACU has one very good pitcher. Beyond her, we made them look better than they are.

This team has overachieved this season. They need to get back to playing sound, fundamental ball today before heading to the tournament. Six seniors playing their last home game today.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
3-1 win and a number two seed in the tournament. It wasn't pretty, but they got the job done. Great season regardless of what happens in Lake Charles!
nacluth
Great job Ladyjacks! Got the job done today. Nice to see a #2 seed.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Great job Ladyjacks! Got the job done today. Nice to see a #2 seed.
I assume, a couple of extra points in the Commissioners Cup race, too.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Season over. 0-2 and neither game was close.

Still quite a good season with significant improvement.
RedRiverLa
Still a great season and much improved. But what is the deal with us and post season tournaments. Vollyball, Women's Basketball, and now softball - great regular season and then poof, just can't get it done.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Still a great season and much improved. But what is the deal with us and post season tournaments. Vollyball, Women's Basketball, and now softball - great regular season and then poof, just can't get it done.
Yeah. The "Ladyjacks Athletics Postseason Curse" continues. But this team has a lot of young talent coming back, so they'll be fine. Coach Dickson has got to recruit a couple of new pitchers, though.
SFAJack_76
I started to add a comment about the tournament thing, but I saw this coming the last few games. Injuries and depth (sound familiar) had the team looking tired. They made some uncharacteristic defensive physical and mental errors against ACU and yesterday that were just sloppy and not happening earlier in the season.

Very pleased with what they accomplished and very excited about the girls coming in. Some good seniors to replace, particularly pitching and catcher, but some good young players returning with a year to grow.

Just wish they had the on-campus facility they deserve.
SFAJack_76
McNeese goes through the tournament undefeated and gets the automatic bid. Again. #1 pitcher is from Lufkin.

Their softball facility is so much better than ours. Ugh.
SFAJack_76
Season is not quite over after all. SFA in as the automatic qualifier which must mean that conference champion Nicholls declined. Didn't they also pass on basketball post season?

TallTexan
You know, we talk about kicking out UIW & HBU, but if Nicholls can't afford post season trips they might want to look at canceling some sports or moving to a lower conference.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.