2023 Softball

9,834 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by No-look
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93
Ladyjacks take the series

SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Ladyjacks take the series

Brooke is playing with a glove hand, broken thumb. Happened on a line drive in practice this week. She still fielded her position very well the last two days. She's an amazing young woman.
SFA88
Has anyone else noticed how tight the softball race is heading into the final 3 series?

https://www.wacsports.com/sports/sball/2022-23/standings
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

Has anyone else noticed how tight the softball race is heading into the final 3 series?

https://www.wacsports.com/sports/sball/2022-23/standings
It's crazy. One game out of first, and three games out of eleventh. The players know how much every game matters as the season winds down. I had one mention it to me before the game last Saturday in Huntsville. Two games we gave away with defensive mistakes really hurt. Big series in Abilene this weekend.
SFA88
On paper, UT has the easier path but we will see. Last year, I thought SFA and GCU were clearly ahead of everyone else in the WAC tournament. This year, there are 4 or 5 teams that I would not be surprised to see win the tournament.
SFAJack_76
Brooke with a complete game win. Sophomores, Mik and Kelby with their first career home runs.

Game two postponed to Saturday at 11:00 due to weather.

SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Does a win tomorrow guarantee SFA 3rd place in the regular season?
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Does a win tomorrow guarantee SFA 3rd place in the regular season?
Yes.
BigJack85
Defense is very suspect.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA outslugs Tarleton 9-7.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Defense is very suspect.
One error in 21 innings in Stephenville.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Defense is very suspect.
One error in 21 innings in Stephenville.

Then I missed something. I saw a kicked ball at 1st in the 3rd game and a SS bobble just before the kicked ball, at first.
SFA88
Nice weather for softball in Phoenix today. Currently, 64 with a high today of only 81. Should be around 81 when the Lumberjacks play at 4:00 Mountain STANDARD Time. The clound cover combined with no wind is making air quality a little crappy though.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Ladyjacks trail UTA most of the game but win it in the 8th inning, 6-5.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
You don't get more even than that.

SFAJack_76
SFA88
A lot of game left but my goodness GCU is putting on a hitting clinic right now and coach can't find anyone to slow them down. 9 - 1 GCU. Top of the 4th and SFA on their 3 pitcher.
SFAJack_76
That was ugly. GCU is loaded with D1 transfers. Don't know why Bruister started Brooke after she went a long 8 last night. The play by play announcer was awful.
SFA88
In case you missed it, the onslaught continued in the 4th and 5th. The mercy rule ended the game in the 5th 14-3 GCU. On the bright side, no Lumberjack threw very many pitches. Hopefully they get it together tonight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA survives against CBU in 9 innings, 7-6. Will play the winner of UTA/Utah Tech.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

That was a struggle. I assume Telford will get the start this afternoon. She is a good pitcher but she walks and hits a lot of batters. I think we can expect a few Trailblazers on first today.

It's a good bet UT is starting, WAC Pitcher of the Year, Kate Dolenski today.
SFAJack_76
Telford struggles with control. Brooke has thrown 261 pitches over the last two days. They are different pitchers. Telford pitches to make batters miss. Gainous pitches to contact.

I would think Telford, but do you go into an elimination game with your best pitcher on the bench?

Odds are definitely against us, but this team does not have any quit in them.
SFAXE93
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

Telford struggles with control. Brooke has thrown 261 pitches over the last two days. They are different pitchers. Telford pitches to make batters miss. Gainous pitches to contact.

I would think Telford, but do you go into an elimination game with your best pitcher on the bench?

Odds are definitely against us, but this team does not have any quit in them.
From what little I have seen, she likes to pitch inside and jam the hitters. That's where those hit batters come from.

I don't see how they can start Gainous after two long games. Let's see what Telford can do. Despite Dolinski's 10-1 WAC record, Telford has a better ERA in conference.
SFAJack_76
Gainous with the 96 pitch complete game shutout. Elimination game with Seattle at 9:00 CDT.
BigJack85
Humongous, victory, excellante' Axe 'Em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks drop a back-and-forth 8 inning game to Seattle, 10-9. Season ends. There was no quit in these young ladies!

Lots of experience coming back next year, along with what should be a great recruiting class.
SFA88
Gainous is tough.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.