2023 Softball

9,662 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by No-look
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to move on to a new year with a new thread.

SFAJack_76
Two of our 2022 signees asked for, and were granted, releases from their NLI's. They both requested the release very shortly after it was announced that Dickson was leaving. Both from Oklahoma. One announced today that she signed with UNM. The other signed a couple of day ago with Creighton.
SFAJack_76
As far as I know, the first signing for Bruister. Webb hit .377 with an OBP of .456 as a sophomore outfielder for TJC. 25 stolen bases without being caught once. One error in 51 games. Should provide solid OF depth.
SFAJack_76
Hit .192 in ten games last season at Commerce. She batted lead off the first game of the season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Hit .192 in ten games last season at Commerce. She batted lead off the first game of the season.

Hit .192? I have to assume that the new coach knows what she's capable of.
SFAJack_76
Played sparingly at UTSA. Signed with TWU this summer. Now a Ladyjack.
SFAJack_76
Eighteen of the 22 girls on the 2022 roster have returned. Vega transferred to Eastern NM to be closer to home. Rhodes transferred to UCA to be closer to home. Govan transferred to Baylor to play P5 softball. Wilbur has taken a teaching/coaching job at Nacogdoches High. That happened Friday afternoon.

Eighteen returners plus 8 newcomers on campus. Six pitchers โ€ฆ Alexis, Brooke, Sophie, and 3 newcomers.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Eighteen of the 22 girls on the 2022 roster have returned. Vega transferred to Eastern NM to be closer to home. Rhodes transferred to UCA to be closer to home. Govan transferred to Baylor to play P5 softball. Wilbur has taken a teaching/coaching job at Nacogdoches High. That happened Friday afternoon.

Eighteen returners plus 8 newcomers on campus. Six pitchers โ€ฆ Alexis, Brooke, Sophie, and 3 newcomers.

I thought Wilbur was returning? Bummer.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I did, too. Bummer indeed.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

She was. Until Friday.
SFAJack_76
Staff is complete.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
Power Five Games

Mississippi
Texas
Baylor
Oklahoma

SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
With the questions about our pitching, and a new coaching staff, this seems about right. Gaby has been moved to third base from catcher. She looked solid there in the fall.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Power Five Games

Mississippi
Texas
Baylor
Oklahoma

And two games at top 25 University of Louisiana.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Five from GCU on the pre-season All-Conference team? Wow. That must be some lineup! (And I notice that we don't play them.)
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Five from GCU on the pre-season All-Conference team? Wow. That must be some lineup! (And I notice that we don't play them.)

Outstanding facilities. Lots of funding. Last season they were loaded with D1 transfers. We came so close to beating them in the WAC tournament. That was a tough one.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks with a season opening 5-1 win over Lafayette College. Telford with a complete game 4 hitter. Garcia with a 2 run homer.
SFAXE93
W Lafayette College 5-1
W Lafayette College 8-0
L #24 Louisiana 1-12 (5th) 12-run rule
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

W Lafayette College 5-1
W Lafayette College 8-0
L #24 Louisiana 1-12 (5th) 12-run rule
The 8-0 win was a five inning run rule. The rule is ahead by 8, or more, after five.
SFAXE93
3-2

W Lafayette College 5-1
W Lafayette College 8-0 (5th) run rules
L #24 Louisiana 1-12 (5th) run rules
W Lafayette College 12-0 (5th) run rules
L #24 Louisiana 0-12 (5th) run rules
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

3-2

W Lafayette College 5-1

Results as expected for this weekend, I had hoped we would be more competitive against UL. They are a young (3 seniors), very talented team, with 14 girls on the roster from Texas.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

3-2

W Lafayette College 5-1

Results as expected for this weekend, I had hoped we would be more competitive against UL. They are a young (3 seniors), very talented team, with 14 girls on the roster from Texas.

From what I watched (about 2 innings) we had our chances Had a couple of innings with runners in scoring position. Didn't get the clutch hit.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
South Dakota State is off to a 4-1 start, including a 1-0 win over Nebraska. The loss was 5-4 in 9 innings at UH. SDSU has outstanding pitching, and enough hitting. Another real challenge for our Ladyjacks against a high level mid-major.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

South Dakota State is off to a 4-1 start, including a 1-0 win over Nebraska. The loss was 5-4 in 9 innings at UH. SDSU has outstanding pitching, and enough hitting. Another real challenge for our Ladyjacks against a high level mid-major.

We lost the 1st game 2-0 in 9 innings. We won the 2nd game 7-6. #AxeEm
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Lake Charles this weekend where we play two against McNeese and two against Ole Miss. Tough, tough schedule.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks crushed Lamar in a series at Beaumont last season. They look to be modestly improved this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA drops Game 1 to Lamar 3-2. Part of the blame for the loss goes to the coach, who sent a runner home from 3rd in the bottom of the sixth with the score 2-2, and she was out by a country mile. A wild pitch a couple of pitches later would have scored her.
SFAXE93
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.