2022 Soccer

12,736 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85
A little more talent in the midfield, and we break these games break our way.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Win out, and have a very good chance of making the tournament. Three matches left against the bottom three teams in the WAC with two at home.

BigJack85
2nd half. Much more impressive than the 1st. 1st goal was nice. Took advantage of chaos. 2nd goal was an absolute beaut.
SFAXE93
Yep the Ladyjacks have dominated
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
If this team develops, they should be a Top 4-5 team in the WAC next year.
SFAXE93
2-0 victory for SFA

5-10-1; 4-5-0

SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

2nd half. Much more impressive than the 1st. 1st goal was nice. Took advantage of chaos. 2nd goal was an absolute beaut.
Going into a 15-20 MPH wind in the first half. Although we handled that well, going with the wind was a benefit.

Really dominated the match with shots 18-4 (8-1) and corners 9-3. Our depth was much better. We easily could have scored 4 or 5 goals. Attendance 310.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Going into a 15-20 MPH wind in the first half. Although we handled that well, going with the wind was a benefit.

Really dominated the match with shots 18-4 (8-1) and corners 9-3. Our depth was much better. We easily could have scored 4 or 5 goals. Attendance 310.

Ya. I watched about 90% on ESPN +. It was noticeably different after the first 30 minutes. Even with playing against the wind for the first half, we looked clearly to be the best team from about 30th minute onward.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

If this team develops, they should be a Top 4-5 team in the WAC next year.
I think that's a low bar for this team assuming the freshmen and sophomores make the progress I think they will. There also is a very good '23 class committed.
SFAJack_76
Two regular season matches left for all WAC teams. Top six make the conference tournament.

Lumberjacks sit in eighth place with 12 points. Remaining matches are at home against last place Tarleton, and on the road at next to last ACU. 18 points should be expected.

Seventh place with 14 points is SUU. They have road matches at the teams tied for first, Seattle and UVU. I expect SUU to finish with 14 points.

Sixth place is CBU with 15 points. Their remaining matches are at home against ninth place Sam, and fourth place NMSU. We need a miracle point from Sam, and/or NMSU to get a win. We have what I trust is the tiebreaker due to our 2-1 win against CBU.

Fifth place with 16 points is GCU with remaining home matches against Sam and NMSU. We lost 1-0 to GCU.

Fourth place with 17 points is NMSU. Tough road matches at CBU and GCU. They could be stuck on 17. We beat NMSU 2-1.

Simple โ€ฆ win and see what happens.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
No postseason for Soccer. First year program Tarleton up 3-1. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
TallTexan
What happened in that game?
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Idk. I was watching WVB. I'll play it back later I know zero about volleyball, just love to watch. Soccer, I played, so I can gather an opinion from time to time. What I saw in previous games was a lack of connecting passes in the midfield. Occasionally, sloppy turnovers Maybe someone who was there can lean in.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Idk. I was watching WVB. I'll play it back later I know zero about volleyball, just love to watch. Soccer, I played, so I can gather an opinion from time to time. What I saw in previous games was a lack of connecting passes in the midfield. Occasionally, sloppy turnovers Maybe someone who was there can lean in.
I hear we were simply bad. We chose seeing Pam Tillis over going to soccer. Clearly made the right choice.

Had some good matches such as the wins over NMSU and CBU. Overall, disappointing season.
SFAXE93
Let's end the season with a win!

SFAXE93
nacluth
Nice finish
SFAJack_76
A spot was there with a win over Tarleton. Finished three points behind CBU, with the head to head tie breaker. On to signing day, November 9. Expect nine or ten signees.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.