2021 Soccer

17,490 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chicago State women's soccer has not won a game since 2016
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

6-1. Chicago State is fried. Only used four subs.
I'd say you did a great job coaching up the team at halftime.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

I kinda like this tv view looking into the stands/campus.

Also, I get that we use students for filming, but I keep finding myself wondering how much it'd cost to hire a pro camera person to be on the SFA staff.

Money we don't have. Period.
SFAJack_76
7-1. 20-3 on shots. Four minutes to go.
nacluth
These games are nice for some confidence.
SFAJack_76
8-1.
SFAJack_76
9-1
SFAJack_76
Final.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

I kinda like this tv view looking into the stands/campus.

Also, I get that we use students for filming, but I keep finding myself wondering how much it'd cost to hire a pro camera person to be on the SFA staff.

Money we don't have. Period.
Fair.

But man, I feel like it'd make a huge difference in distant fan support and recruiting. I've seen HS students work cameras better than this. Maybe we could atleast bring in a pro once a year for like a 1 week summer bootcamp for our broadcast students who are going to be working the cameras the following year.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

9-1
After 7, I started to feel bad for the Chicago State players.
SFAXE93
I wanted 10
SFAJack_76
I don't disagree that, from what I hear, it needs to be better. Normally there is a camera on a scissor lift behind us on the stand side. I didn't know if no one was there because they had no one, or there were more of our infamous technical issues.

I complain about a lot of stuff, including our web site, but I know the people we do have are working an extreme number of hours. We have good people. We need to have the funds to hire, or contract, more.
SFAJack_76
Announced attendance today of 200. Sad.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Ya. I don't know what to put it down to. From the football games I've attended, The "Axeperience"
thing is a joke. Total joke. I also firmly believe that Covid changed a number of public events. Sports has definitely been impacted. At our level. It's been negative.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ya. I don't know what to put it down to. From the football games I've attended, The "Axeperience"
thing is a joke. Total joke. I also firmly believe that Covid changed a number of public events. Sports has definitely been impacted. At our level. It's been negative.
I believe that with the pandemic, people got out of the habit of going. Although, driving through campus, and up North Street yesterday, there was nobody there in relative terms.

The bleacher set up nearest the visitor bench was always packed two years ago. That has happened one time this season. The last two matches, there were five people there. Other than athletes, almost no students are attending. Yesterday, bowling, volleyball, softball, and even some football after a nearly ten hour bus ride, were about it. Wild guess is that families of the players were at least half of the "crowd."
TallTexan
I honestly thought that this year would have record crowd numbers bc everyone was itching to get back out. Palestine and I'm sure Nac's tourism numbers are through the roof and I thought that would carry over.

But people may still not be comfortable with crowds. We even still tend to avoid the most packed places.

It's a shame, but hopefully we'll see them come back eventually, to all sports.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I still don't exactly know what the "Axeperience" is and what it's trying to be.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't disagree that, from what I hear, it needs to be better. Normally there is a camera on a scissor lift behind us on the stand side. I didn't know if no one was there because they had no one, or there were more of our infamous technical issues.

I complain about a lot of stuff, including our web site, but I know the people we do have are working an extreme number of hours. We have good people. We need to have the funds to hire, or contract, more.
I'm hoping that long term, the PLF will grow enough to help out with that funding.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I'm hoping that long term, the PLF will grow enough to help out with that funding.

True dat. 76 makes the most important point. Attendance used to be strong for soccer and volleyball. It has shrunk. It can't all be blamed on Covid. A few things in my estimation. 1. Faculty is hurting us. Bad. They spend time denigrating athletics. 2. Axeperience…. Weak sauce. Period. 3. General apathy.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

True dat. 76 makes the most important point. Attendance used to be strong for soccer and volleyball. It has shrunk. It can't all be blamed on Covid. A few things in my estimation. 1. Faculty is hurting us. Bad. They spend time denigrating athletics. 2. Axeperience…. Weak sauce. Period. 3. General apathy.

I think we need to bribe the faculty with a professor of the week program for all our sports.

Go get some restaurant partners willing to donate a dinner for 2 and bring them on the field for an round of applause and announcement of their expertise/CV during a tv timeout.

Would be a great bridge builder.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Imagine the Purple Lights Fund morphing into the Purple Lights Foundation.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I think we need to bribe the faculty with a professor of the week program for all our sports.

Go get some restaurant partners willing to donate a dinner for 2 and bring them on the field for an round of applause and announcement of their expertise/CV during a tv timeout.

Good idea.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

You truly have some outstanding ideas. This is a win for sure!
SFAJack_76
Jacks win 1-0 over UTRGV to go to 6-0-0 in WAC play. We dominated early, and then played it out . UTRGV with three well deserved yellow cards. The worst part of the match was leading scorer Teia Haynes going down with what appeared to be a meaningful knee injury. Announced attendance of 150.

Big match at home on Sunday against second place, in the SW division, Lamar. A win would give us an eight point lead with three road matches to go.
SFAXE93
Last home game of the season!

BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks win 1-0 over UTRGV to go to 6-0-0 in WAC play. We dominated early, and then played it out . UTRGV with three well deserved yellow cards. The worst part of the match was leading scorer Teia Haynes going down with what appeared to be a meaningful knee injury. Announced attendance of 150.

Big match at home on Sunday against second place, in the SW division, Lamar. A win would give us an eight point lead with three road matches to go.

I don't know what to say about Purple Haze being non-existent. 150 announced attendance for a first place team. Yikes.
SFAJack_76
Oh my …
nacluth
#ourchampionshipera
SFAJack_76
0-0 at the half. Game is as close as the score indicates.
SFAJack_76
18 seconds. Score!!!! 1-0 Lumberjacks.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

18 seconds. Score!!!! 1-0 Lumberjacks.

Wow. Axe 'Em Jacks!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wow. A huge goal in the last 16 seconds of the game! SFA 1-0.
SFAJack_76
One of the tightest, back and forth, soccer matches I have ever seen. Shots, and shots on goal, virtually even. Both teams with solid scoring opportunities. According to the box score, the winning goal was scored at the 89:42 mark. Announced attendance of 200. Eight point lead in the SW division with three road matches to go, starting at Chicago State on Friday. 7-0 in WAC play!
BigJack85
Very nice win.
SFAJack_76
RPI at #84 out of 342 teams.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.