2020 Volleyball

24,017 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cboothe09
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl
Who is ready for another game?!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Enjoyed seeing Maddie Miller standing next to Payton Cerny. The long and short of it.
Pilotgirl
I like the black unis!
Pilotgirl
I see Alan & his better half right in front of the camera!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I see Alan & his better half right in front of the camera!

You got that "better half" right!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Assistant Coach Amstutz is very active with the players.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Assistant Coach Amstutz is very active with the players.

Fun fact. He went to high school with Tyler Boone in Ohio.
SFAJack_76
Next up are two matches at 0-1 UH on Thursday. No fans allowed. They lost in five today to RV Rice, and play Rice again tomorrow.
SFAJack_76
One of our talented freshmen.
nacluth
Nice!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Two big matches today at UH. They are good.
SFAJack_76
Lost the first match to UH 3-1. Second match at 6:00.

Pagan didn't play. This is not the same team without this six rotation player.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Ladyjacks lost, but our young team was not intimidated. Could have easily won the 4th set.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Is she injured? I was able to watch a couple sets at work while I was working on some reports.
SFAJack_76
Absolutely crushed in three sets in the evening match. Don't know why no Ariana.

On to New Orleans to play two against Tulane on Saturday. They are 2-0 including a 3-2 win over UNO. Right now, they are playing 0-0 SLU in a match that is tied 1-1.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely crushed in three sets in the evening match.

Growing pains...
SFAJack_76
Would have been much more competitive if we had passed well. Not having Ariana was a big part of that. She passed better in the weekend matches than I have seen her before. I don't believe she is out for anything serious.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely crushed in three sets in the evening match. Don't know why no Ariana.

On to New Orleans to play two against Tulane on Saturday. They are 2-0 including a 3-2 win over UNO. Right now, they are playing 0-0 SLU in a match that is tied 1-1.
This was the first time I've seen them play this year. I was shocked at how poorly they played. It was not at all what I've gotten used to seeing from the Ladyjacks. Hope it was a fluke. Otherwise they need to rebuild big time.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

This was the first time I've seen them play this year. I was shocked at how poorly they played. It was not at all what I've gotten used to seeing from the Ladyjacks. Hope it was a fluke. Otherwise they need to rebuild big time.
1) Remember who they were playing. Houston is VERY experienced and good.

2) The Ladyjacks are VERY young. They lost a lot of seniors last year. They are not the same team they were last year, and yet they're still 10-4 on the year.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

1) Remember who they were playing. Houston is VERY experienced and good.

2) The Ladyjacks are VERY young. They lost a lot of seniors last year. They are not the same team they were last year, and yet they're still 10-4 on the year.
Fanatic is exactly right. Two seniors and one junior on the team. Eight freshmen and three transfers. This is a rebuild. They will still be very good. I will add that Ariana Pagan is extremely important to this team. It's rare to see a six rotation player, and she has been that for two plus years now. She was not available for the UH matches.
SFAJack_76
Fell behind early in the first set with Tulane, and couldn't quite make it up losing 25-23. Pagan is playing, so no excuses.
SFAJack_76
Won the second set 26-24. Freshmen Bradley and Gillette are really struggling. Remember that Bradley was SLC player of the week last week.
SFAJack_76
Finished 25-19, 25-19, to win 3-1. Play again at 4:00.
SFAJack_76
Dominant 3-0 win in the nightcap. 25-16, 25-14, 25-21.

Next up is SLC play. Thursday in Corpus, and Saturday at UIW. Corpus is 2-0. UIW is 0-1. Ladyjacks are 12-4. I love our athletic department.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks with a tough five set win at A&M Corpus for their conference opening match. At UIW on Saturday.

A ridiculous 41 straight SLC wins.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Ladyjacks with a tough five set win at A&M Corpus for their conference opening match. At UIW on Saturday.

Whew.....
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I noticed that Payton Cerny was not mentioned in any of the kills stats. That's rare. Injured, perhaps?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I noticed that Payton Cerny was not mentioned in any of the kills stats. That's rare. Injured, perhaps?
Box score is not complete for some reason. I think it came from Corpus. What's posted on their site is the same. Cerny played, just not real well. The freshmen stepped up.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
UIW lost a lengthy five set match to ACU their last time out.
Pilotgirl
We take the first set!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.