2020 Ladyjack Soccer

18,124 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They don't even do a bye?

Wow.
nacluth
I can't say I've looked into it, but COVID protocol said if you missed a game it counts as a tie point. My guess is it was a three way tiebreaker that somehow they won.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I can't say I've looked into it, but COVID protocol said if you missed a game it counts as a tie point. My guess is it was a three way tiebreaker that somehow they won.
Thanks. I expect Sam to beat them again anyway. Lamar has been struggling while being short handed due to injury and Covid.
PurpleOut
Staff
Another embarrassing black eye from the Southland. The 5th place coach won COY? Lol

Pilotgirl
I am beyond finished with the Southland Clownference.
TallTexan
Ya that was laughable.
TallTexan
SFA honors

1st team:
Jamie Jezierski
Katelyn Termini

3rd team:
Paige Kanipes
Caylon McMillan
Sophie Smith
Destiny Davis
Trial Haynes
Maddie Talbot
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I am beyond finished with the Southland Clownference.
The SLC conference champion players didn't get due individual recognition, but Minatta not getting COY has me at multiple levels beyond pissed. Anyone, show me a fifth place COY winner in any sport in any conference, ever. Eighth place preseason to outright champion is not coach of the year. Come on July 1!
Pilotgirl
Exactly...this is beyond ridiculous and 100% a slap in the face
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Exactly...this is beyond ridiculous and 100% a slap in the face
Blatant bias or complete incompetence. Perhaps both.
TallTexan
Extra time in the first game. Exactly the opposite of what the Lumberjacks ordered with tired legs.
nacluth
PKs
nacluth
Winners! I hate pks. But Lumberjacks crushed it.
Pilotgirl
So...finished a game Sunday....double OT today with pks. Play again tomorrow....OMG I would never have the endurance to play this game!
TallTexan
I hate penalty kicks. They make me a nervous wreck.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

So...finished a game Sunday....double OT today with pks. Play again tomorrow....OMG I would never have the endurance to play this game!
Agreed. Not only does it suck, but it's dangerous.

There are plenty of professional soccer players that will tell you they only pick up injuries due to scheduling and playing too many games. It's a big problem overseas.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

Agreed. Not only does it suck, but it's dangerous.

There are plenty of professional soccer players that will tell you they only pick up injuries due to scheduling and playing too many games. It's a big problem overseas.

I wouldn't be mad if some weather helped us with a delay.

That's a lot of mileage in a short turn around.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Include the 69 minutes and 17 seconds on Friday night. 270 minutes in roughly 87 hours. With the pressure of every one of the minutes for SLC championship and then potential season/career ending. Tough, gutsy bunch of young women.
Pilotgirl
Well, I am super impressed (and concerned!) even if they lose tomorrow or in the Championship....we were picked as 8th...what an amazing season! Aren't there some injured players out as well? I think I remember Coach talking about that once on FB Live...
PurpleOut
Staff
We play on Thursday not tomorrow, slightly better.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

We play on Thursday not tomorrow, slightly better.
They kept saying tomorrow on the telecast. It is 4:00 on Thursday.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Well, I am super impressed (and concerned!) even if they lose tomorrow or in the Championship....we were picked as 8th...what an amazing season! Aren't there some injured players out as well? I think I remember Coach talking about that once on FB Live...
Carli Arthurs was our leading scorer when she got hurt. Termini is one goal ahead of her now. There is one more on crutches, but I don't know who she is.
SFAJack_76
Lamar only had three subs when they played us. Tonight against Sam, they only have two. And, no keeper sub. Injuries and Covid.
SFAJack_76
After leading 3-0, Lamar hit a wall late in the second half. Sam scored the tying goal with 17 seconds left, and won with a goal in the first OT.

Final four are SFA, SLU, ACU, and Sam
TallTexan
Who do we play on Thursday?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Quite windy today.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Quite windy today.

It is. Crosswind. Generally out of the ENE. About 15 MPH

We had a couple of decent chances in the first half, but do look to be a step slow. Tired legs.
nacluth
Down one with 30 minutes left. Definitely slow in the midfield to front line transfer. Maybe we have a sub that can give us a step.
Pilotgirl
Uh oh...
nacluth
That's put a lot of urgency on this team.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Quite windy today.

It is. Crosswind. Generally out of the ENE. About 15 MPH

We had a couple of decent chances in the first half, but do look to be a step slow. Tired legs.

Yep.

Think the 43 seconds difference from a win on Friday night caught up with us today.
TallTexan
SFAXE93
I notice they deleted it.

Take it as a compliment, SFA is their crowning jewel, the best they have, and now the best they have is leaving for greener pastures, and they are having a tantrum.

Definitely burning bridges.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

I notice they deleted it.

Take it as a compliment, SFA is their crowning jewel, the best they have, and now the best they have is leaving for greener pastures, and they are having a tantrum.

Definitely burning bridges.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if we brought McNeese along to the WAC just to make sure the Southland has nothing left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.