2020 Ladyjack Soccer

18,131 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

That is favorable...I may get to tag in some soccer and/or volleyball with some basketball in February. Always like to get the most action I can on my road trips to Nac.
Coach thinks, in addition to us, the top SLC teams will be UCA, ACU, and Lamar. All three at home plus Sam.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Lots of shots. No goals. Bummer.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Lots of shots. No goals. Bummer.
Exactly. We had several missed chances, and one defensive breakdown. That's soccer.
djsfw57
"Lumberjack Soccer Dominates Shot Count in Spring Opener"

Somehow when I read this headline, I immediately knew we had lost. They are playing that stupid headline game where they will say anything except we lost. I will never understand that.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
Up 1-0 at the half against UCA. Played them twice in the fall, but this is the first conference match.
SFAJack_76
2-0
SFAJack_76
3-0 final. Pretty dominating match.
BigJack85
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
SFAJack_76
2-0 Lumberjacks vs 1-0 UIW. UIW hasn't played since February 12, when they dominated HBU 4-0. I really like the way our experienced team is adapting to the more attacking approach that Minatta brings. With Talbot in goal, we do a nice job of fending off some defensive breakdowns that posture can lead to. We had one of our key players go down late in the ACU game on Friday with some sort of leg injury. Hopefully, it isn't too serious.
djsfw57
I think maybe this has been addressed before, but I can't remember. Why is the women's soccer team being called Lumberjacks instead of Ladyjacks?
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

I think maybe this has been addressed before, but I can't remember. Why is the women's soccer team being called Lumberjacks instead of Ladyjacks?
The banner on the back says Ladyjack soccer.

But the announcers definitely say Lumberjack. I'd guess it's the lack of a men's team for confusion?

SFAXE93
SFA 5-2-2 (3-0)

On a roll...

SFA:3
UCA:0

SFA:2
ACU:0

SFA:1
UIW:0

NEXT UP: NICHOLLS 0-6-0 (Have yet to score a goal this season.)
cboothe09
Excitement around soccer again? I like it!
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

Simply because they wanted to be. No, the banner on the fence hasn't been changed from Ladyjacks. At least in the fall, they still had jerseys that said Ladyjack.
SFAJack_76
We have made a majority of the matches. Today was a real battle. The wind was tough, south to north. We survived the first half going into the wind, then got the break with a PK in the second half. UIW is going to win some games. They beat HBU 4-0.

We have an experienced team, but the system Minatta favors is meaningfully different than has been run the last few years. Our players are still learning and adapting. We have an excellent keeper in senior Madeline Talbot. Even though we are playing a more aggressive attacking offense, we still have three clean sheets in conference. Much of that is due to the keeper.

The next five are on the road. We don't have a home game in March. SLC scheduling is horrific, but you knew that.

The meals that are available for purchase up to 48 hours before the game are excellent. There is discussion about offering them for baseball and/or softball also. Suspect that beer and wine would not be available for purchase at the city park.
SFAJack_76
No argument from me.
djsfw57
Thank you for that explanation. I definitely don't remember hearing that.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

Thank you for that explanation. I definitely don't remember hearing that.
Welcome. I started seeing it and hearing it, so I asked someone in the athletic department.
SFAXE93
I saw a picture of the meal on twitter, wow that looked really good.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

I saw a picture of the meal on twitter, wow that looked really good.
SFAJack_76
4-0 in conference. Outscored opponents 11-0. Southeastern Louisiana on Sunday.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

4-0 in conference. Outscored opponents 11-0. Southeastern Louisiana on Sunday.

Complete wipe out!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Leading scorer Carli Arthurs is out for the season with a knee injury.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Leading scorer Carli Arthurs is out for the season with a knee injury.
Terrible news.
Pilotgirl
Nooooo
SFAJack_76
2-1 loss yesterday at Corpus. At HBU tomorrow. Last three matches at home against Lamar, McNeese, and Sam. A top three finish is still there to be taken.
SFAJack_76
Lamar, McNeese, and Sam left. All at home.
SFAJack_76
SFA with two goals in the first five minutes. Due to injury and covid, Lamar only has 14 suited up.
SFAJack_76
Both teams had plenty of goal scoring chances. We hit the post twice. Lamar air mailed one over a wide open net. What matters is the 2-1 final score, and the Lumberjacks securing a spot in the SLC tournament. Not bad for a pre season eighth place pick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.