2020 Baseball

14,607 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Just beat Southern Illinois University Edwardsville 2-1 in our home opener.
On one hit.

Our pitching was really good. Four hits, one run. fifteen strikeouts, and zero walks from four pitchers. Starter went six.

Announced attendance of 421. Probably a little high, but a really good crowd on a night that the temperature dipped into the 30's. Ivey and his family were at the game.

Play SIU-E again Saturday at 4:00.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Dominating 13-1 win over SIU-E. Three pitchers combined for 16 k's with only one walk.

Next up is UTA at 3:00 Sunday. UTA swept three from A&M Corpus last weekend.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Baseball dropped two to Portland yesterday to fall to 3-8. The bullpen let a 7-2 lead get away in the late innings in one game. One last chance to get one in the four game set today.
SFAJack_76
No words ....
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah, rough trip.
sirwin0317
It looks like they are swinging the bats pretty well. They are going to turn things around this week.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317 said:

It looks like they are swinging the bats pretty well. They are going to turn things around this week.
I hope so. The pitching looked pretty solid in the first home stand. Look forward to your insight through the season.
sirwin0317
I hope to see more people post on here. My son is a freshman on the team and we are huge fans of all of these young men and their coaches.
KirkHeath12
This team is tough to watch. Long half inning
Class of 2012
Axe Em
TallTexan
sirwin0317 said:

I hope to see more people post on here. My son is a freshman on the team and we are huge fans of all of these young men and their coaches.
Welcome to the board.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Jacks score two in the bottom of the eighth to win 3-2.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317 said:

2-5 today batting lead off. Nice!
SFAJack_76
Lumberjacks complete the sweep of Lamar with a 5-4 comeback win. Starting pitcher Stobart gave up three runs while only lasting 2/3 of an inning. Solid relief by six pitchers.
BigJack85
Now to see Cardenas's guys really battling. He always gets fighters. Just need a little more pitching.
SFAJack_76
One of the six SLC series this weekend went 3-0. Solo first place.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317
My son has told me that the chemistry in the locker room is amazing. They definitely got some timely hits and battled. It was fun to watch them compete with a pretty good team.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317 said:

My son has told me that the chemistry in the locker room is amazing. They definitely got some timely hits and battled. It was fun to watch them compete with a pretty good team.
I am hearing a lot more chatter from the dugout than last season. This team seems to be more together, and supportive of each other.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317
SFAJack_76 said:

This whole situation stinks for all college athletes (and many others in society that are being affected). There will be a lot of questions to answer about eligibility, rosters, scholarships, etc. My heart hurts for the seniors. I'm sure it will all work out, but it is definitely a sad time.
SFAJack_76
sirwin0317 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

This whole situation stinks for all college athletes (and many others in society that are being affected). There will be a lot of questions to answer about eligibility, rosters, scholarships, etc. My heart hurts for the seniors. I'm sure it will all work out, but it is definitely a sad time.
Agree on all points. Posted this elsewhere, but appropriate to all spring sports.
SFAJack_76
One senior planning to come back.
sirwin0317

Sad day yesterday. These guys will rebound and be even better.
PurpleOut
Staff
New "pitching lab." Don't think I heard about this.

TallTexan
Me either but that's cool.
SFAJack_76
Don't know why it hasn't been talked about. I heard it mentioned in passing at a PLF luncheon in March.
SFASawmillGuy
It's cool but also shows there are no plans for an on campus stadium at this time.
BigJack85
I think I heard that on campus baseball would require at least a $5 million check for starters. Getting a good location might be a challenge.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

I think I heard that on campus baseball would require at least a $5 million check for starters. Getting a good location might be a challenge.

I'm am regrettably a few million or so short.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.