2020 Ladyjack Softball

18,868 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New hitting and catcher coach. Catching this past year was okay. Freshman Bennett who moved into starting at the end of the season has real potential. Hitting, other than Corona, needed improvement. The coach she is replacing came from TJC with Dickson.
SFAJack_76
Autumn Anderson from Fort Collins, Colorado. 2017 freshman year at Northern Colorado. 2018 at SFA pitching 34 2/3 innings with a 2.42 ERA. Not certain what her injury was, but if she is back healthy, she could be a nice add to pitching depth.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
We have some really good coaches.
SFAJack_76
Fall ball ..
SFAJack_76
Baseball and softball schedules have been posted. Baseball has a home tournament with teams TBD. No high level home non conference games. Softball has a home and home with Baylor. Also play at UT and A&M.
SFAJack_76
This is just awful. Unbelievable scum that would do this.
nacluth
I wish this was the first time this has happened. Unfortunately this kind of stupidity is a reoccurring problem.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I wish this was the first time this has happened. Unfortunately this kind of stupidity is a reoccurring problem.
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, having never been out to the baseball/softball complex, but don't we have a gate to keep cars off the field? Or atleast a security camera?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, having never been out to the baseball/softball complex, but don't we have a gate to keep cars off the field? Or atleast a security camera?
They cut the lock to the gate to get in. The tracks indicate that there were three pick up trucks. Don't know if it is related, but there were empty beer cans at the gate. Estimate on the damage is $15k.
TallTexan
Wow, that's insane. Who cares that much about wrecking a field?

And 15k? When every dollar counts, someone goes & does that. I hope they catch them.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'd definitely do fingerprints on those cans. This is absurd.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

This is just awful. Unbelievable scum that would do this.

Scum. Absolute scum.
nacluth
Just to follow up, two teenagers are facing felony mischief charges. 19 & 17 years old. Both have posted bail, but they sure didn't need to screw their lives up for a while.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well I'm not big on criminal activity so I hope they get more than a wrist slap. Sadly SFA will be out all the money for fixing the fields as I'm sure these bums won't have $$ to repay the school.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

I'd put these boys on some back-breaking detail. Make them think about doing this every second while they are working the field. Probably should do some work on the baseball field as well. And clean the locker rooms for basketball and football.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

There were actually three. One is only 15, so not named since he is a juvenile.
SFAJack_76
Dickson said the team is built on pitching and power. Specially said to watch freshman Shaylon Govan. She hit a homer in each of two games they played against Arkansas in Longview.
SFAJack_76

Basically, they just put everyone from last season on the list.
nacluth
Now we'll get to see if our tough pitching got better. Looking forward to this season.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Yeah when you get two dominant pitchers back and a host of women who can swing the bat, you should be #1. We ready.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Yeah when you get two dominant pitchers back and a host of women who can swing the bat, you should be #1. We ready.

It will come down to those two pitchers, but the staff is a solid five deep. Somebody suggested the field evil doers face the team and apologize. Dickson said that would not turn out well with the pitchers. "They're mean." Love a bulldog in the circle!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Freshmen at first and third. Sophomore transfer in right field. Sophomore Hedspeth moves from RF to SS.
nacluth
3-0 lead in the fifth over Southern.
SFAJack_76
Final. 19 of 21 outs by strikeout.
nacluth
Wow! 19 strikeout no-hitter from Kriesel! What a way to start the season. Jacks win 3-0.
nacluth
UL-M up next. Let's see how our pitching holds up there. I assume Wilbur will get the start.
nacluth
School record!

Already up 3-0 in game 2.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.