#3 SFA / #7 UCA

34,838 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

#3 SFA (25-6) vs. #7 UCA (17-15)

WHEN: Thurs. March 8; 7:30 P.M.
WHERE: Katy, Texas
TV: ESPN3

UCA is riding a 4 game win streak and can get hot, which is what tournaments are for.

BigJack85
They both look challenging. If we play 40 minutes like the first 15 in Huntsville we can beat North Carolina.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
UCA: the one team that got unconsciously hot against us.

Lamar: face planted us twice.

(Creepy Randy Quaid voice from Independence Day)
"Paybacks a *****, ain't it?"
nacluth
UCA beat Lamar in double OT the one time they played.
TallTexan
I just want to win. 3 games to punch the ticket.
SFAXE93
2018 Southland Conference Tournament Schedule

Wed, March 7: Men's First Round
Men's Games 1 and 2 - 5 and 7:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Thurs, March 8: Women's First Round
Women's Games 1 and 2 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Men's Second Round
Men's Games 3 and 4 - 5 and 7:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Fri, March 9: Women's Second Round
Women's Games 3 and 4 - 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Men's Semifinals
Men's Games 5 and 6 - 5 and 7:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Sat, March 10: Women's Semifinals
Women's Games 5 and 6 - 1 and 3:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Men's Championship Game
Men's Game 7 - 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

Sun, March 11: Women's Championship Game
Women's Game 7 - noon (CBSSN)
sfa17
I'm really really nervous. I kinda just want to skip to selection Sunday. But one step at a team.
SFAXE93

Kind of glad we are not the top seed.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
cboothe09
IF we win the Southland, these top seeds falling helps our seeding...
SFASawmillGuy
Let's win then. Get a 14 seed and play Texas tech in Dallas in front of a literal half red half purple crowd.
SFASawmillGuy
Or in the words of Kyle Keller in his introductory press conference, "We want Villanova"
SFAXE93
That would be awesome if we landed in Dallas.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Enough with the seeding talk! We have to win three in three days first. To my knowledge that has never been done in the SLC.
nsubroski
Tough game no matter who wins. Y'all got kinda hosed for being the three seed. The SHSU/ SLU bracket is a lot easier.
SFAELITE
I honestly don't think we could beat Lamar and if that Jordan Howard kid gets hot, UCA is tough team to beat. I agree I kind of would of preferred the the SLU/SHSU side of the bracket. Having a bye is huge but having a double bye is crucial. SLU/Nichols get to rest and have fresh legs when they play against us and having played a tough game against UCA/Lamar (if we win) is going to be a beating.
SFA Jack Fanatic

BigJack85
SFAELITE said:

I honestly don't think we could beat Lamar and if that Jordan Howard kid gets hot, UCA is tough team to beat. I agree I kind of would of preferred the the SLU/SHSU side of the bracket. Having a bye is huge but having a double bye is crucial. SLU/Nichols get to rest and have fresh legs when they play against us and having played a tough game against UCA/Lamar (if we win) is going to be a beating.

Either way it's a three game run...
nacluth
What are people's SLC brackets looking like?

Tonight I have C. Arkansas and New Orleans.

Tomorrow, SFA and New Orleans

Friday, SFA and SE Louisiana

Saturday SFA!

Anyone else want to share how they see it falling out?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
I have is playing UCA Not sure about final but hoping Sam.
No-look
I'm hoping we get an early lead and keep it so we can sub a lot and rest players.
Txjack
No-look said:

I'm hoping we get an early lead and keep it so we can sub a lot and rest players.
Agreed.
Three games, three wins on consecutive nights is a lot to ask of any team, no matter how good they are. I'm very concerned about this tourney.
SFAJack_76
Perhaps a contrarian view, but I believe playing a team we lost to helps this team to focus. I know we can beat Lamar, and I saw us completely demoralize UCA at home. I like the draw. No "trap" game.

Three games in three nights is tough, but if anyone can do it, SFA can. Nine players averaging double digit minutes in conference play with seven of those 20-26 minutes with none over Kevon's 25.8. Add Bain who is capable of a solid 8-10 minutes. Depth in spades. These guys are rested and fit. We appear to be as healthy as we have been all season.
Ljacks&Longnecks
3 wins in 3 days will be extremely tough for anyone. I believe SFA is more than capable of winning out but it will take an all out effort 3 days running. We need to be realistic about the road ahead and hopeful that things go our way each day. Hope that many of you will make it out, work will get in my way though I will be there Saturday for the final. Let's do this!
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's UCA over Lamar! Bring on the Bears. Axe 'em, Jacks!
nacluth
Two for two on my Wednesday night predictions. Now for my Thursday through Saturday ones to come true!
MasterAxe
I only kinda followed the score, but I think UCA went on a 16-0 run to end it over the last 7:30 minutes.

Lamar literally didn't score in the last 7+ minutes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

I only kinda followed the score, but I think UCA went on a 16-0 run to end it over the last 7:30 minutes.

Lamar literally didn't score in the last 7+ minutes.
Yeah, Lamar went ice cold at just the wrong time. I think they had one bucket with about a minute left. Lamar actually had an 8 point lead at one point in the 2nd half.
No-look
UCA May thump us but I'm glad we don't play Lamar. They seem to have our number defensively.
nacluth
Game day!!! It's what we've been looking forward to all year long: the postseason! Time to ramp up into another gear as we take on Sir Howard again tonight. Hopefully we'll have a repeat of our home game.

Axe 'em!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
cboothe09
Play in-their-jersey, physical defense, and we run away. Give them space, and it will be a long night. Hopefully the refs let us play...
MasterAxe
Can we just beat the piss out of these guys and move along?

Txjack
Hopefully we have a better turnout than there was last night. I think I had more people in my house while I was watching the game than were in the Merrell Ct. Like our chances for playing Saturday now that Lamar is out...I'll be there wearing purple and being loud for each game.
nacluth
I'm looking for Grujic to get to double digits tonight. Having Katy go crazy for the big lug will warm my heart.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Play in-their-jersey, physical defense, and we run away. Give them space, and it will be a long night. Hopefully the refs let us play...
Canete did exactly that with Howard in Nac. He needs to not get early fouls.
nacluth
We broke them in Nac. If we punch them early, it will be a much easier night. We can't afford to let them hang around. Their coach basically admitted he didn't know what happened to them in our last game. so let's do it again. Stuff Howard early, let Bogues fly, get Harris driving, pesky D. On to the semis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.