#3 SFA / #7 UCA

35,243 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canete selected as player of the game
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
Go away UCA.
nacluth
About as easy as you can hope a tournament game to be. Let's roll on over Nicholls.
RedRiverLa
Jordan Howard scoreless in second half. WOW!
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Solid win tonight......one down 2 to go.
INiedrauer
Staff
MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

This is the most unpredictable game in history. No result will surprise me.

If our team is half as good as people have been saying we are all year, then this shouldn't be a game. We should romp these guys...if not, then we've been overrated all year.

If Keller is our guy "for the future," then losing this game isn't an option, not for me. One and dones in SLC tourney play is unacceptable.

I disagree. The whole problem here is on the right night I think UCA could beat practically anyone. Those nights are rare but it only takes one.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, I respect that.

I think you're wrong. We are SFA, not so scrub team. We aim to be an elite program. Not be scared of UCA.

"UCA can beat anyone..." YEAH! So can we! Why are we terrified of UCA?!

If the coach is as good as I'm led to believe and our team is as good as everyone says...then flick UCA to the curb and let the big boys play.

We pay our coach a lot of money to not lose to directional schools from Arkansas....especially 2 of 3 and in our first game of the tourney and them on a back to back.

You win this time.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

MasterAxe
INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

If our team is half as good as people have been saying we are all year, then this shouldn't be a game. We should romp these guys...if not, then we've been overrated all year.

If Keller is our guy "for the future," then losing this game isn't an option, not for me. One and dones in SLC tourney play is unacceptable.

I disagree. The whole problem here is on the right night I think UCA could beat practically anyone. Those nights are rare but it only takes one.

I think you're wrong. We are SFA, not so scrub team. We aim to be an elite program. Not be scared of UCA.

If the coach is as good as I'm led to believe and our team is as good as everyone says...then flick UCA to the curb and let the big boys play.

We pay our coach a lot of money to not lose to directional schools from Arkansas....especially 2 of 3 and in our first game of the tourney and them on a back to back.

You win this time.

My statement applies for Nicholls as well. Let's just splatter them and be done with it.
No-look
I'm at the boys state tourney in San Antonio and was keeping up with the game on Twitter. Did we sub a lot of players?
nacluth
Only with 4 minutes left did the bottom of the bench stay in. But, there was decent rotation throughout. I haven't see the numbers, but I would be surprised if anyone played more than 26 minutes.
MasterAxe
No-look said:

I'm at the boys state tourney in San Antonio and was keeping up with the game on Twitter. Did we sub a lot of players?

Didn't seem like any more than normal. Seemed like our normal rotations.

There might have been more frequent subs, but seemed normal
BigJack85
I actually think in this case having the extra game is an advantage. It's kind of like warming up the engine. Nicholls being a run and gun team is ready to start fast. Having already "loosened " up should be a small help. Besides Nicholls has had a couple injuries. They won't have the full depth of a rested squad.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
jboy93
Box score says Cameron Mack played 4 minutes? How bout that!?
nacluth
I can't find a box score anywhere! Someone tell me how many points Kevon got.
jboy93
Kevon had 12 pts.
RedRiverLa
NO player played more than 29 minutes - good rotation and rest.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Anybody giving Keller any credit for this game?
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Just hold your horses (because apparently we have some)...if he wins next game, then we can talk.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

I am. But I'm an apologist.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
RedRiverLa said:

Jordan Howard scoreless in second half. WOW!

Look people, I'm not asking you to turn this post blue, I'm telling you! I mean this should at least hit 8 likes, so I"ll repeat CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE YEAR HAD NO POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF - are you kidding me?! (Did the caps help?)
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
SFAJack_76 said:

I will.

Congrats on pummeling an inferior team.

Now, win two more, meet program expectations and then I'll have a full-blown apology letter to Keller.

Not until then. NCAA is goal, not SLC semi-finals
nacluth
So apparently the game has already started, and Sadler is not only not playing for Nicholls but has defected to our team. He scored the first bucket of the game. All this according to the Southland Conference website.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

So apparently the game has already started, and Sadler is not only not playing for Nicholls but has defected to our team. He scored the first bucket of the game. All this according to the Southland Conference website.

Darned! I obviously left the building too soon.
nsubroski
Bold move by Nicholls lets see if it pays off. According to the broadcasters during the NSU/SLU game, he had a dislocated kneecap so might play tomorrow. I have no idea if that BS or not.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kevon only shot 5 of 15 from the field, but he led the team with 11 rebounds. I think he's rounding back into his old self. He was moving as well as he ever has this season.

We did a good job of sharing the offensive load. Seven players had 8 or more points.
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

If he brings the championship home. I will apologize for doubting him. Only two things matter conference title and conference tournament. We shouldn't have even been playing last night. But we looked good and he deserve credit.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Jacks played "above the rim", especially in the first half. A huge advantage in rebounding.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Side note: Shannon's younger brother was at the game last night. Rumor has it that he's pretty darned good, too. Not sure if he's D-1 good, though.
cboothe09
#36 recruit in Texas for his class. Just three spots behind another player we're recruiting, Braelon Bush from Silsbee...Kid is legit
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

#36 recruit in Texas for his class. Just three spots behind another player we're recruiting, Braelon Bush from Silsbee...Kid is legit
What's his name, 09?
cboothe09
edstile said:

cboothe09 said:

What's his name, 09?
Shamir Bogues

Here is a link to his HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/profile/10361042/Shamir-Bogues
SFAELITE
MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

INiedrauer said:

I agree with this, we need high standards.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

edstile said:

cboothe09 said:

What's his name, 09?
Shamir Bogues

Looks like he's got his head on straight... On his Twitter page: "God 1, School 2, Basketball 3"
SFAELITE
cboothe09 said:

edstile said:

cboothe09 said:

What's his name, 09?
Shamir Bogues

Would be nice to have him if he is just as good as his brother. Plus side is we would have him for four years.
INiedrauer
Staff
FYI - We have a minor delay on videos from last night's press conferences. Will be up later today.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
INiedrauer said:

FYI - We have a minor delay on videos from last night's press conferences. Will be up later today.
If anyone wants the direct link to the Southland's page, it's here, but thanks for posting the videos here Isaac.

http://southlanddigitalnetwork.com/

Go to on demand videos.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.