SFA / Texas A&M CC

27,977 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (20-5; 9-3) vs. Texas A&M CC (8-14; 5-7)

WHEN: FEB. 14 (WED) 7:00 P.M.
WHERE: Corpus Christi, Texas (American Bank Center)
TV: Texas A&M CC Streaming

The Islanders are 6-4 at home this season and 5-2 in their last 7 games, losing the last two.

Another young team getting better.

SR:4
JR:0
SO:5
FR:7

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
Corpus has always been a hard trip for us. We need the Jacks of the last two games to go dominate. 6 left.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
MasterAxe
We don't even have to replicate 100% how we played against NSU, if we play even at 80% as effective as the NSU we will romp CC.

But, can we get to 80%?
cboothe09
Corpus is a much different team than the one that struggled to start the season. Players are getting healthy and the freshmen are getting more comfortable. Cannot look past them. Can't say it is a trap game because we follow with UIW, but definitely need to be prepared for this one...
sfa17
i think this is going to be 50/50. hard game to pick. we cant slack off or its over. going to CC has always been tough
TallTexan
Man, I want this win. Can we play the game tonight?
SFA Jack Fanatic
In today's presser Coach K talked about TJ's bad knees. I was not aware of this. It seems as though he has not been his usual aggressive self lately, and maybe that is why. Anyone know just how serious the problem is? Bad enough for off-season surgery?
TallTexan
When you wake up thinking it's game day, but it's only Tuesday:

BigJack85
edstile said:

In today's presser Coach K talked about TJ's bad knees. I was not aware of this. It seems as though he has not been his usual aggressive self lately, and maybe that is why. Anyone know just how serious the problem is? Bad enough for off-season surgery?

That's scary. In my mind TJ is at the core of this team. He's not always the top scorer but he draws defenders and is a force inside. Hope he's ok long term.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

edstile said:

That's scary. In my mind TJ is at the core of this team. He's not always the top scorer but he draws defenders and is a force inside. Hope he's ok long term.
Don't know if it's something that's serious or just wear and tear from a long season that will heal with rest after the season is over. Coach K just said that TJ is a tough trooper who just keeps on keeping on.
TallTexan
GAMEDAY!

nacluth
Game day!!! Corpus is for lovers... of SFA basketball. So today, hold your honey close to you tight and say, "You make me so happy having you right beside me as we watch the Lumberjacks win."
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
MasterAxe
Tonight begins a great, season defining two weeks for the league.

All the top squads ahead of us play each other, multiple times and we, on paper, have a easier path.

But, man, is this one huge tonight.

BigJack85
The next two are gigantic. Beat A&M CC and UIWand we are in good shape going into a home stretch.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Game day!!! Corpus is for lovers... of SFA basketball. So today, hold your honey close to you tight and say, "You make me so happy having you right beside me as we watch the Lumberjacks win."
Roses are red,
Islanders are Blue,
Kevon is gonna break their hearts
with 30 points & a couple blocks too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

My Prison Tech honey probably won't go for that idea of a great evening.

I'm... "Torn between two lovers...."
INiedrauer
Staff
Who remembers the last time we played @ Corpus Christi on Valentine's Day?
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

No-look
Is there a link to watch the game?
nacluth
I do. We couldn't hit the broadside of a barn that night. About 9 minutes to go, Underwood made Walkup the point. He would dribble at half court while our offense rotated. Then he would drive up a lane, never passing, and get fouled. He shot tons of free throws at the end and pulled us close, but it was clear we only had one threat that day. Soon the triple team on Walkup started and it slipped away. No heroes that day. Of course, we punished them at Katy, so no hard feelings.
nacluth
https://portal.stretchinternet.com/tamucc/#
Txjack
Unfortunately, no ESPN3 or Southland broadcast....!
I've got the coolest wife in the world, we don't even exchange presents on Valentines Day; but we do treat ourselves to a nice dinner. So, I can't watch or listen tonight....I will have to resort to sneaking updates on the cell...
Course, if she was the coolest wife in the world, we would be watching the game at home with takeout....no, I can't....
cboothe09
Corpus always plays us tough, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we were upset here, but something tells me we get the team that was thrashing McNeese in the first half, and the team that trashed Northwestern State. I think Lamar + 2nd half meltdown in Lake Charles was an eye opener for the team. They have elevated their play, albeit against weak opposition, they look like the team we expected to see.

Just don't want to get caught looking ahead to next week.
INiedrauer
Staff
I hope people appreciate how absolutely nuts it is that SFA is in the top 10 in pace of play and top 20 in field goal percentage. Usually you have one or the other. If the defense could catch up to the new speed, this team could be so, so good.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Well 6-8 games to get defense in line, then on to the Final Four.
BigJack85
Freaking awesome poetry.
nacluth
Free video just came on. Nice thing is Corpus has an awesome venue, bad thing is there is not a soul there. Literally 20 people in a giant space. More people are at practice sometimes.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Free video just came on. Nice thing is Corpus has an awesome venue, bad thing is there is not a soul there. Literally 20 people in a giant space. More people are at practice sometimes.
Wait that's live? I thought it was prerecorded it's so empty.

Is that the conference center in town?
cboothe09
Listening to the radio guys talk about it before they were "live" was funny.

Didn't know a bug was going through the Corpus locker room. Hope we win, and get out of town without that bug...
INiedrauer
Staff
No Ivan tonight. Banged up in practice yesterday.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

No-look
I'm getting stream not available?
nacluth
Try reloading, because I'm watching it.
nacluth
Their "lights out" video was crappy. Glad we have real production values.

Sorry to hear about Canete.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Listening to the radio guys talk about it before they were "live" was funny.

Didn't know a bug was going through the Corpus locker room. Hope we win, and get out of town without that bug...
No-look
Still getting stream not available. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
TallTexan
Too often I take ESPN3 for granted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.