SFA / Texas A&M CC

28,348 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jovan time!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kevon hasn't been the same player he was before he got hurt. But Shannon's play recently hasn't required him to be.
nacluth
Girls just survive their home game hitting a late three to take the lead. One point win.
nacluth
Jovan has potential!!! Commentator said.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Put it in the books! Axe 'em!
SFAXE93
these were the big road wins we were used to
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
19 point win on the road! Dominant! Bogues, Kevon, ridiculous scoring.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Anyone have the Ladyjacks score?

Never mind. Just saw nacluth's comment. Whew!
fortWorthJack
Wow. What a performance. The team has really tightened up the execution and all players are dangerous. Shannon has definitely been putting time to fix his shooting mechanics. Good shooters don't think about it much, it's all instinctual. Coaches and staff have turned it around on the road.
nacluth
Ladies won 59-58
nacluth
19 assists on 24 field goals. Not bad.
MasterAxe
Now we need someone to knock off Nicholls and SELA.

They can't both win out, but we need someone else to catch one of them.

SELA, at this moment, has head to head tie breakers in both us and Nicholls
cboothe09
SLU holds on to beat UNO 71-64
McNeese upsets UCA in Conway 76-72
Nicholls up 9 on Sam with 4:30 left in first half
nacluth
Bogues played so good, he was getting assists from everyone. Even Cameron Mack tossed him one.

cboothe09
Nicholls has to go to UCA on Saturday. Not a place I would want to be after tonight's loss. I could see the Bears getting a win there.
SLU has ACU at home. Sadly I don't see a loss there for the Lions. Their only game next week is at Northwestern. The last week of the season though is a trip to New Orleans and a visit from Nicholls.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Bogues played so good, he was getting assists from everyone. Even Cameron Mack tossed him one.

That guy just won't go away and leave us alone.
TallTexan
Lol, finally seeing some production from him. It's like he hasn't even been here all year.
TallTexan
Did we really go 3 of 20 from 3 or is my sports app just screwy?

Edit: Apps just screwy. Looks like we 9 for 18. Wow
nacluth
9-18 from downtown.
TallTexan
Updated the poem:

Roses are red,
Shannon's aim is true
I don't need no other rhyme,
Because he just put up 32!
nacluth
Most 30+ point games in the SLC:

Jordan Howard - 6
Shannon Bogues - 4
BigJack85
Sweet win. Keeping Corpus at bay down the stretch.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
cboothe09
Nicholls barely survives Sam. Sam had a good look in the paint at the buzzer and missed.

Nicholls stays a step ahead, but Sam falters. Sam has a much more favorable schedule down the stretch, so I actually like this loss for them more. Nicholls has more of a gauntlet to run if they want the title...
INiedrauer
Staff
Difference is we play Sam but not Nicholls. Could've used a Prison Tech win tonight.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

cboothe09
True, but we keep winning and I feel Nicholls is bound to lose one of their next five. Heck, I think at least two losses are in order for the Colonels. @ UCA, @ McNeese, UNO, @ Northwestern State, @SLU. McNeese isn't a gimme right now, UCA is pissed because they lost to McNeese, and SLU wants the sweep
MasterAxe
cboothe09 said:

True, but we keep winning and I feel Nicholls is bound to lose one of their next five. Heck, I think at least two losses are in order for the Colonels. @ UCA, @ McNeese, UNO, @ Northwestern State, @SLU. McNeese isn't a gimme right now, UCA is pissed because they lost to McNeese, and SLU wants the sweep

And then we need a slu loss somewhere. That 1st conference game is beginning to be an annoyance to us in the standings
nacluth
If we win out, we're guaranteed (virtually) a double bye because of the schedule. However, we need Nicholls to lose once somewhere to help us with the regular season crown.
PurpleOut
Staff
Didn't get to watch tonight, but couldn't be happier with the outcome. A dominant road win is a huge boost right now.

I was pulling for Sam tonight as well. We control our own destiny and that would have been a little easier since we don't play Nicholls again. Agree they have a really tough schedule to finish the season, but so far, they're still winning.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Didn't get to watch tonight, but couldn't be happier with the outcome. A dominant road win is a huge boost right now.

I was pulling for Sam tonight as well. We control our own destiny and that would have been a little easier since we don't play Nicholls again. Agree they have a really tough schedule to finish the season, but so far, they're still winning.
Sam will always let you down.
Gazette1
The game was streamed. I watched it and we played a very good game. Unfortunately though Nichols and Southeastern are running out of schedule. We will have to win out to have any chance to win the conference or to have any chance of one of those very important top two seeds. Hopefully we at least are starting to show some consistency.
No-look
Still can't figure out why I couldn't watch the game. Watch ESPN was working fine.
PurpleOut
Staff
Gazette1 said:

The game was streamed. I watched it and we played a very good game. Unfortunately though Nichols and Southeastern are running out of schedule. We will have to win out to have any chance to win the conference or to have any chance of one of those very important top two seeds. Hopefully we at least are starting to show some consistency.
We could very well be looking at a 3-way tie scenario again. Nicholls finishes at SLU. My head hurts even thinking about tie breaker scenarios.
nacluth
There is no point to thinking about tiebreakers now. However, if you're stupid like me, you will anyway.

The most likely three way tie scenario is us, Nicholls, and SELA win out with SELA topping Nicholls in the final. (Lots of hard games before then). If that happens, all of us our league champions. But we would be the three seed due to being 1-1 (in this hypothetical) against UCA and the others 2-0. SELA would be the 1 seed having beaten Nicholls twice.

There are so many variations of how things can finish for seeding, but the main thing to know is if we're tied with SELA or Nicholls at the end, we'll probably be screwed by our loss to UCA. Nicholls could still get beaten by UCA, then it will be the SELA loss that screws us. So let's hope the Louisiana teams falter and we play strong.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Gazette1 said:

We could very well be looking at a 3-way tie scenario again. Nicholls finishes at SLU. My head hurts even thinking about tie breaker scenarios.

I suggest that all 3 way ties are broken by the team with the best attendance.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Gazette1 said:

I suggest that all 3 way ties are broken by the team with the best attendance.
Or by number of victories over SEC opponents.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.