SFA / McNeese State

25,884 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Lot of clock running in the second half so it was just a weird game. Need some practice playing with a lead. It's going to look close on the final score and it wasn't - but giving up 95 points shouldn't be okay.
KirkHeath12
Got to make free throws at them end. I'll take win right now though.
nacluth
1-8 in FT's inside 1 minute. 99 points means you're walking home.
MasterAxe
Two more minutes and we'd have lost.

Not an ideal finish.
BigJack85
What's with the second half collapse??
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
Everybody hit the pharmacy!
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
INiedrauer said:

Lot of clock running in the second half so it was just a weird game. Need some practice playing with a lead.
Yep, they started running clock with 14 minutes left except for about three minutes with 7 to go.
RedRiverLa
INiedrauer said:

Lot of clock running in the second half so it was just a weird game. Need some practice playing with a lead. It's going to look close on the final score and it wasn't - but giving up 95 points shouldn't be okay.
The score is what it is. I consider a 4 point game close - one three and a foul away from being tied. I've seen it happen
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
INiedrauer said:

I thought our powder-puff pre-season schedule was supposed to help us "learn to win."

Happy for win, but yikes, that was close to a cataclysmic meltdown.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

Two more minutes and we'd have lost.

Not an ideal finish.

I'd say pathetic. This is not a team that will win the SLC.
RedRiverLa
The immedaite post game with the assistant coach is always a good listen - says we didn't deserve to win this. Says they haven't been good since Nicholls State. We've forgotten our identity. We're a defensive team? - yea you can forget that. 14-26 from foul line. Out rebounded by 2.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Never trailed. 40 minutes. True story.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Never trailed. 40 minutes. True story.
Yea, but it was tied at the opening tip off.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
SFAXE93 said:

Everybody hit the pharmacy!
Boy that's true - I about had my own Purple Out sitting in my chair watching the last 10 minutes.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Hater.
SFASawmillGuy
The time for style points is over. At this point every win is a win. Be it by 1 point or 50.
MileHiJack
Can we play a full 40 minutes of domination against a less talented team? There certainly wasn't a home crowd factor with all 300 in the stand. How did they get back in this game and make it bit scary at the end? Inexcusable with our talent...
BigJack85
MileHiJack said:

Can we play a full 40 minutes of domination against a less talented team? There certainly wasn't a home crowd factor with all 300 in the stand. How did they get back in this game and make it bit scary at the end? Inexcusable with our talent...

Couldn't agree more mile hi. I turned it off after halftime to do some work and poof........

What's with this squad?
Gazette1
Ok, coach Wade said on the rap up show that we did not deserve to win this game. He said our defense was atrocious. I agree bit I also add that we got out coached. Our staff cannot get our team to play a complete game. They clobbered us in the second half. I'm very disappointed in our team and our coaching staff. Enough said.
RedRiverLa
Gazette1 said:

Ok, coach Wade said on the rap up show that we did not deserve to win this game. He said our defense was atrocious. I agree bit I also add that we got out coached. Our staff cannot get our team to play a complete game. They clobbered us in the second half. I'm very disappointed in our team and our coaching staff. Enough said.

Hit our free throws the last 5 minutes of the game and it's a comfortable 15 point win on the road. 1-8 down the stretch in the last minute from the line and 14-26 overall has nothing to do with coaching. Defense strategy, game planning, and adjustments, sure that's coaching - but we hit our FT, it's a comfortable end to the game.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
RedRiverLa said:

Gazette1 said:

Hit our free throws the last 5 minutes of the game and it's a comfortable 15 point win on the road. 1-8 down the stretch in the last minute from the line and 14-26 overall has nothing to do with coaching.

I think the "outcoached" part was in reference to the adjustments MCN made in pressure and the decision we made to sit on the clock with 12:00 left.

Those choices damn near cost us.
sfaguy
RedRiverLa said:

Gazette1 said:

Knock it off. Seriously, how were we out coached? Tell me. It was a game on the road that was over by halftime. I don't know what your personal beef is with Keller but I'm real sick of it.
MasterAxe
s***uy said:

RedRiverLa said:

Gazette1 said:

Knock it off. Seriously, how were we out coached? Tell me. It was a game on the road that was over by halftime. I don't know what your personal beef is with Keller but I'm real sick of it.

Again, I think he's referring to the part where we, both players and coaches, made the decision to "play not to lose" with about 12:00 to go. We sat on it, by choice.

Mcneese made the right adjustments and, bam, almost pulled it off.

So, in a way, our staff was out-coached. Not for the whole game by any means, but for the last 12 minute or so, yeah.
No-look
Didn't get to watch the game but from reading the post it seems that if would have hit our free throws in crunch time we win comfortably.
No-look
How is Comeoux?
MasterAxe
No-look said:

Didn't get to watch the game but from reading the post it seems that if would have hit our free throws in crunch time we win comfortably.

In essense, yes. We led by 23 with 11:30 to go. Then we basically played stall ball/Danny ball.

Mcneese got hot, we had some turnovers and missed a ton of FT and it got a bit hairy.
nacluth
If we can compare coaches, we essentially just executed Dannyball 101. Now we didn't pull it off exactly. A couple of times we shot with more than 6 left on the clock, but he could milk a 14 point lead down to a 2 point win with zero chance of the other team winning the game. Exactly like tonight. The probability models show we never had less than a 95% chance to win the game with 24 minutes left in the game. Even at the end, they had less than a 1 in 20 chance to win. Honestly, not bad right?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
CottonValleyJack
s***uy said:

RedRiverLa said:

Gazette1 said:

LOL - be sick of sloppy, middle tier SLC play. Why are you annoiting this coach? I want results.
No-look
Can the game be watched on a replay on the Southland Alp?
MileHiJack
With 12 minutes left...we should not get conservative if everything earlier was working...it's time to drive it home with domination and build swagger and confident. If they make adjustments to slow it down, find a new path with the talent we have but don't play on your heels for last 12! We were up by 24 at the half and to finish with a 4 point victory is not finishing what you started! And other teams know that if they get behind it is not over...
Jacks4460
Good conference road win by Coach Keller and the players.. A Win is a Win...Getting ready for March!!
nacluth
Yes in the On Demand section of the app!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
I also was unable to watch the game due to a community service club commitment, but in reading through this thread I couldn't help but shake my head.

Here's a synopsis of what I read...

First half: "This is the best team in the history of SFA MBB."

Second half: "This is the worst team in the history of SFA MBB."

And (the all-too-often-heard-lately cherry on top of): "I hate Keller."

Still shaking my head......
nacluth
To be fair Ed, it was pretty much me and Isaac commenting in the first half...so yeah.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Jacks4460
edstile said:

I also was unable to watch the game due to a community service club commitment, but in reading through this thread I couldn't help but shake my head.

Here's a synopsis of what I read...

First half: "This is the best team in the history of SFA MBB."

Second half: "This is the worst team in the history of SFA MBB."

And (the all-too-often-heard-lately cherry on top of: "I hate Keller."

Still shaking my head......

THats funny stuff...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.