SFA / New Orleans

16,061 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
03. You are DEAD ON. I think we have to go 26-5 or better and of course win the conference tournament. I've looked at some statistical websites If we go 27-4 and win the tourney our seed ranges from 12-14. On the other side if we go 24-7 and win the tournament our seed ranges from 15 to play in game...... really need 26 regular season wins to ensure a decent seed.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

It's annoying, but it's a common theme every game. The Southland officials are just a joke. That second half took like 3 hours. Not to mention the differences in how they called each half. So frustrating to watch.
There legitimately could have been about 5 technicals handed out in that game. Mainly from people disrespecting the refs who were trash. At the end, the teams just stopped playing at times to make the refs listen. They had lost control. How Thibodeaux walks to the sideline after fouling out, turns around and walks back into play while we inbound doesn't get called a tech, I don't know. His sub almost walked onto the court then quickly sat down. It was stupid ugly.
No-look
NO had a lot of size. They took advantage when Holyfield wasn't in the game. Seems like everyone we play is bigger than us. I'm glad we don't have to go to their place this year.
MasterAxe
I know we won and that's great. Take the win.

But I want to dominate. DOMINATE.

I hate having to slug through these close games with inferior teams.

We just don't seem to have that edge we had a month ago.

SELA is playing with extreme confidence.
UNO loses nearly every starter and has zero support at home, yet plays hard
UCA's Jordan Howard is lighting the world on fire (I think he had 41 tonight)
Even sorry NWST can get up for us

Those teams are playing with an edge against us.

We seem to have lost some sort level of confidence since Cuonzo Martin told us how great we were.

I want to dominate. Not just win.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

PurpleOut said:

It's annoying, but it's a common theme every game. The Southland officials are just a joke. That second half took like 3 hours. Not to mention the differences in how they called each half. So frustrating to watch.
There legitimately could have been about 5 technicals handed out in that game. Mainly from people disrespecting the refs who were trash. At the end, the teams just stopped playing at times to make the refs listen. They had lost control. How Thibodeaux walks to the sideline after fouling out, turns around and walks back into play while we inbound doesn't get called a tech, I don't know. His sub almost walked onto the court then quickly sat down. It was stupid ugly.
Agreed, don't think Thibodeaux would be deserving of a tech there but that's just showing how out of the game the officials have become. One game they can't call a correct foul and don't see that a basket was missed, the next game they don't even realize a player that fouled out didn't leave the court. Just a terrible look.
nacluth
cboothe09 said:

Anyone that enjoys looking at things from an analytical view should slide over to haslametrics.com. Pretty good stuff over there.

His system is good about picking games. We are favored from here on out, and rightfully should be. It will even gauge neutral court games on there. When we get further along and start seeing the tournament picture clear up, I'll post some of those matchups.

vs. New Orleans - W - 73-63
vs. Incarnate Word - W - 84-59
@ Abilene Christian - W - 75-66
@ Central Arkansas - W - 81-76
vs. Sam Houston - W - 75-60
vs. Houston Baptist - W - 80-62
@ Lamar - W - 71-66
@ McNeese - W - 77-63
vs. NSU - W - 81-55
@ TAMU-CC - 74-62
@ Incarnate Word - W - 80-63
vs. Central Arkansas - W - 84-72
vs. Lamar - W - 74-63
vs. Abilene Christian - W - 78-63
@ Sam Houston - W - 72-63

Just putting it out there that Haslam's supercomputer picked the 10 point win. Not as close as PurpleForever's one point off guess, but not bad for someone who's never seen a SFA game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.