SFA / Missouri

31,106 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by djsfw57
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

I actually don't have any issues with our fouls last night. I'm fine with anyone arguing fouls 30 feet away from the basket, but that's the way we play. We're going to take chances at steals and swipe at a lot of balls, that's where a lot of our offense comes from. If Mizzou wasn't such a good shooting team (at least the way they did last night) our fouls late would have been a non-factor. Their free throw shooting ended up winning the game (23 of 27, I believe they were 22/23 until missing a few at the end).

The only issue I had last night, that I don't see anyone else mentioning, was the missed goal tend when we were tied late. Missed fouls are one thing that happens to every team every game, this however can be a game changer.

There were a couple of calls late that played a role. The goaltend there...Gilmore's reaching call on that sent Mizzou to the line late...One that I caught earlier was Holyfields dunk. That should have been an and-one...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

PurpleOut said:

I actually don't have any issues with our fouls last night. I'm fine with anyone arguing fouls 30 feet away from the basket, but that's the way we play. We're going to take chances at steals and swipe at a lot of balls, that's where a lot of our offense comes from. If Mizzou wasn't such a good shooting team (at least the way they did last night) our fouls late would have been a non-factor. Their free throw shooting ended up winning the game (23 of 27, I believe they were 22/23 until missing a few at the end).

The only issue I had last night, that I don't see anyone else mentioning, was the missed goal tend when we were tied late. Missed fouls are one thing that happens to every team every game, this however can be a game changer.

There were a couple of calls late that played a role. The goaltend there...Gilmore's reaching call on that sent Mizzou to the line late...One that I caught earlier was Holyfields dunk. That should have been an and-one...
Add the play where Leon got blocked. Defender knocked him off balance AND had a hand on his back. I made a comment on the way officials (in general) change the way they call a game in the final minutes. I understand the "let them play" mentality, but if you didn't for the first 36 minutes you can't for the last 4. A foul is a foul.

That said there were several calls that we got away with too in my opinion. But that's what I mean about foul calls continuously missed. Goal tending is different to me.
bornoncampus
Lifelong Missouri Tiger fan. Lots of respect for your team. Usually a game like that leaves you hating the other team, but this one was just the opposite. I'll be watching and rooting. Hope it all comes together for another conference championship and NCAA run. Good luck.
bornoncampus
I don't know how to use your board. meant to put this under a post about the rest of the NCAA taking notice and sweet 16 potential...

I agree. I hope they're doing SFA special segments following the second weekend of the tournament (unless you have to beat Mizzou to get there!). You have an exciting, tough team.

PurpleOut
Staff
bornoncampus said:

Lifelong Missouri Tiger fan. Lots of respect for your team. Usually a game like that leaves you hating the other team, but this one was just the opposite. I'll be watching and rooting. Hope it all comes together for another conference championship and NCAA run. Good luck.
Thanks for stopping by. Great game last night, much respect for you guys and especially the sportsmanship that Coach Martin showed after the game.

Best of luck this year.
djsfw57
I also appreciate your comments. You guys are tough - those 3 pointers were sick. And your coach is clearly a class act.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.