SFA / North Dakota State

40,597 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many times have we lost the ball this year trying to lob it inside?????
cboothe09
Dannyball is back in Nac tonight!
nacluth
OH TJ!
RedRiverLa
Omg, TJ? You could put it away with a dunk!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Keller was hot about that one!
Spherictrey
TJ has to to know better on that shot. Keller will be talking to him for sure.
cboothe09
Hahahaha. All I can see is Danny exploding. Reminding his players why we don't dunk
RedRiverLa
Wait, you got a reaction of him? Yes!
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Can't begin to say how pissed I am at TJ for that showboating attempt when we needed the bucket....
INiedrauer
Staff
Those are momentum plays. We'd love it if it had gone in. Next time just flush it tho...
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Spherictrey
Free throw shooting hasn't been great tonight. Got to make those.
nacluth
Yeah it wasn't the dunk. It's the showboating. Now we're up by 2 with 4 seconds.
Spherictrey
So we have given North Dakota State every chance to get back in this game. Thats upsetting. Defense is looking good though so thats a positive. Offense can't play like this for the next two weeks. Got stout competition coming up.
RedRiverLa
Don't disagree, but with seconds left those are game winning plays which is bigger than big mo.
Lumberjack Battalion
INiedrauer
Staff
I'd rather ugly win than ugly lose. That was a very good team even if neither looked it tonight.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

BigJack85
This kind of game is a real coaching test. Hopefully we grow from this. I really think we can win 9 in non-conference.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is what I would call a "beautiful ugly win". Only slightly more beautiful than ugly. A win is a win is a win...
RedRiverLa
Amen.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
Love the win. Love it.

But what a piss-poor way to play in the last 1:00 of the game.

We did a great job trying to gag that one.

But, take it. Good win over a good team.
TallTexan
We beat North Dakota State! Heck of a win by Conque to beat them in a shootout in the playoffs.

Oh that's the basketball score? Nvm.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't curse very often, but I've got to admit that I unloaded a big one on that TJ showboating missed dunk!
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

We beat North Dakota State! Heck of a win by Conque to beat them in a shootout in the playoffs.

Oh that's the basketball score? Nvm.
There's still an opening at your local comedy club. Go for it, Texan!
jboy93
Well at least we won this game even though it was UGLY! Last year would have been a different story. The clank of the rim HAS to go away!!!
nacluth
I know it was close, but my feeling from being here was that it was never in doubt. We never let them get momentum even if we let them stay in the game. TJ's play hurt, but even after their drilling all those 3's, it still felt in hand. However, players are getting some talking tos about finishing first.

Great defense! Stifling. Want to see it every game. Really wore the other team out but we looked fresh. Most exciting player was John Comeaux. It looks like Aaron and John are trying to see who can be the baddest guy on the team. On the court together, they are vicious. John looks like he's loving the role, and Keller is trusting him with lots of minutes.

Ty played too much, but he's smart. He was super slow, but he knows how to be in position. He will be a good addition at full speed. Leon was a beast with his double double. Just grinding work that helped this defense be great. Kevon is our best at drawing fouls, but he just didn't have his shot after starting strong. Ivan didn't shoot tonight. I don't know if it was scheme or what, but he didn't pull the trigger.

First game where the refs let the inside play happen. Really not that many whistles. Hope that's a sign of things to come.

Solid win. Now we just got to take down ULM on Sat.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
MasterAxe
I'm so glad someone else noticed that.

It's like the loose guitar string, needs a good tightening.
MasterAxe
Danny Kaspar thought tonight's game was too high scoring.
nacluth
Exactly and we definitely shot way too early in the clock.
fortWorthJack
For starters, I would bench TJ the entire or half game coming up. That crap was so unprofessional. I expect the coaching to do a better job of controlling the reckless decisions. This was a game of two tales. Mind-blowing defense and then atrocious offense. Keller has got to resolve this. If your guys can't shoot for an entire length of a basketball game then we got some serious problems. We need to simplify our approach and use cuts and crisp passing in order to build consistency.

I agree with the guys about John. He was able to move the ball and give endless energy.
sfa17
Just glad we won. Almost blew that one at the end. Good crowd for a Tuesday night game.
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

I can remember when I was in school that the basketball teams always had issues with SAA, Res Life, IFC, (insert student organization) scheduling events on the same night as games.

I seem to remember Kaspar even saying it on the record to the newspaper
Saw this on twitter tonight, and is something that I brought up last year as well. I don't understand all of these student organizations having events on game nights.
Ljacks&Longnecks
A good "ugly" win.....defense was awesome tonight and the turnover total was not bad considering the way this game played out. Needless to say though that these scoring droughts are going to catch up with us in the loss column if we can't get those behind us....hopefully we will start finding the bottom of the basket regularly.

Disagree with FTWorth on one thing.....that showboating crap was completely on TJ ...not coaches and I will bet that TJ will be the first to take the blame......you can reverse, upside down, backward dunk all you want when your up by 20 and game in the clear...not when game is still fairly close. A straight up slam would have been just as satisfying and put points on the board.
PurpleOut
Staff
fortWorthJack said:

For starters, I would bench TJ the entire or half game coming up. That crap was so unprofessional. I expect the coaching to do a better job of controlling the reckless decisions. This was a game of two tales. Mind-blowing defense and then atrocious offense. Keller has got to resolve this. If your guys can't shoot for an entire length of a basketball game then we got some serious problems. We need to simplify our approach and use cuts and crisp passing in order to build consistency.

I agree with the guys about John. He was able to move the ball and give endless energy.
Well, they aren't professionals so he's good, ha. But yeah, there wasn't any need for that and then Leon fouling the 3 point attempt. Luckily they missed those FT's, should have been a 5 point swing.

I think Keller and the staff actually deserve a lot of credit tonight. The defense is one thing that the full team has to buy in to, we know that. But it won the game tonight. They averaged 11 turnovers per game and tonight we forced 28 (and 13 which were steals). Secondly, NDSU is a team that rarely fouls. Our shots weren't falling and NDSU was loading the paint. So Keller continuously pushed the ball in making them foul and taking them out of their game. If we make our FT's the way we normally do, it's close to a 10-point win.

A win is a win, and towards the end of the year this one will look better than it does right now.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just noticed we have a Chat feature under the Premium tab, we should use that during games.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Just noticed we have a Chat feature under the Premium tab, we should use that during games.
What?!?! Definitely!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Good hard fought win. Two very good defensive teams. Only thing that irritated me was how we got careless in the last minute with those back to back turnovers. That almost got us beat. Maybe the guys can learn from that. But overall it was a great effort, just add a little more smarts to the mix.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.