2017-2018 Ladyjacks

42,940 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4 fouls in 14 seconds
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yes. Poor passes and no rebounding. They dominated on the boards.
djsfw57
Wow they looked so sloppy today. No excuse for letting Lamar steal like they did. Terrible job rebounding, passes were puzzling at best, and free throws.... <sigh>
SFAJack_76
Important home game for the Ladyjacks today against 6-4 McNeese. Hoping for a decent crowd beyond just us older folks. Must win the home games.
Jon
Crowd is slim... feel worse for the lone McNeese fan behind their bench.
- Jon Godeaux
nacluth
15 point win for the Ladyjacks over McNeese. Probably a little closer than they wanted at 5 points early in the fourth, but then our zone busting outside shooting got hot with four threes and a long two to blow the game open. On to PurpleOut Saturday.
SFAJack_76
Slim crowd indeed. Other than band, dance team, and cheerleaders, perhaps 50 students. I don't get it.

Odd game. We score 23 in the first half and 50 in the second. Making three pointers made a big difference. Replacing an ineffective and turnover prone I. Johnson with Harvey in the second half made a big difference. When Harvey fouled out with about three minutes to go, A. Johnson replaced her and made some nice defensive plays. I really like her upside.

Half game behind Lamar.
nacluth
Absolutely methodical in the first half deconstructing the Lady Demons. Up by 19 at the half.
nacluth
Ladyjacks survive a tough push by Corpus to stay perfect at home. Unbeaten now in a calendar year at home, and they pick up their 20th win of the year to go to 20-4 (12-1). Axed 'em!
SFAXE93
I wish Chanell had the #5 jersey.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Jon
Anyone else here concerned with the fact that 2 of our 3 best shooters didn't play much at all last night (Banfield and Brunnberg)?
- Jon Godeaux
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jon said:

Anyone else here concerned with the fact that 2 of our 3 best shooters didn't play much at all last night (Banfield and Brunnberg)?
I was watching the men last night, so I didn't know this. What are their situations?
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Jon said:

I Anyone else here concerned with the fact that 2 of our 3 best shooters didn't play much at all last night (Banfield and Brunnberg)?
I was watching the men last night, so I didn't know this. What are their situations?
They both played a few minutes in the first half. Nothing physically wrong with either that I could tell. I like Kellogg, but some of his player usage is beyond me.
Jon
Not taking away from what the ladies did in pulling out that victory, just questioned the choice not to play them in second half. Not every game will swing in our favor like that, so playing our best shooters seems like a solid idea. Kudos to Aaliyah for stepping up and playing quite a bit, although Riley did well while she was in there too (took a couple of charges, even).
- Jon Godeaux
nacluth
Almost ridiculous how impressive the first half against UIW was. Scoring at a 3-1 clip. Keep rolling Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Up 39-15 at the half. Dominating the boards 30-16. Banfield and Brunnberg each played 7 minutes with Lovisa being 3 for 3 beyond the arc.

Hope the men got to see what a fast start looks like.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The UIW broadcast and announcers are much better than last year, but still not very good.
SFAJack_76
75-50 final. 3rd quarter malaise returned. If this team ever plays 40 minutes, they will be scary good.

To Conway on Wednesday. That would be a good time to do it.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree with 76, 3rd quarter was sloppy. Tougher games lie ahead where the girls will need all 40 minutes.
nacluth
To be fair to the girls, they've done pretty good in third quarters against competition. It's tough coming out with a 20+ point lead after halftime against a terrible team. The third wasn't great, but they locked it down and cruised out without trouble. It looked like Kellogg also did a decent job limiting starters times. Wednesday will be a much different game.
nacluth
Great finish from the girls to close out a big game in Conway! Come out to see us get revenge on Lamar on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Great finish from the girls to close out a big game in Conway! Come out to see us get revenge on Lamar on Saturday.
A win against Lamar on Saturday would put the Ladyjacks in sole possession of first place. Looking for a big crowd for their senior day.
INiedrauer
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

A win against Lamar on Saturday would put the Ladyjacks in sole possession of first place. Looking for a big crowd for their senior day.
To add to this, a win Saturday would almost guarantee a share of the league title. ACU is a toss up, but we'd have to choke badly to lose to Sam Houston too.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAJack_76
Lamar 41-20 at the half. Frankly, not that close. Seriously out hustled, out played, and out coached. Embarrassing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Correct, 76. Lamar is the far superior team so far. Things had better change, and fast if the Ladies want to have a prayer of coming back.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The passing has been horrendous. Lamar is shutting down the passing Lanes, forcing SFA to throw it over the top, usually unsuccessfully. Hard to watch.
SFAJack_76
Speed and quickness. We match up much better with a UCA than a quick, fast team like Lamar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lamar just has much, much better athletes than SFA. And they seem to get every loose ball and rebound. Probably has something to do with their athleticism.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Didn't make difference in the final score, but the officiating was bad, especially by the female with the little ponytail. She made several very bad calls. And the male official didn't blow his whistle 10 times the whole game, even when players were getting mugged. Again, didn't make a difference. The far better team won.
SFAXE93
Much deserved win for the lady cardinals, they came in and dominated. They may make some noice in the NCAA tournament if they play with that same intensity.
nacluth
Hopefully we'll come up with a better game plan for round 3 in the SLC finals.
SFAXE93
L 65-79
L 58-75

I think they have the Ladyjacks' number this season.

But anything is possible in the tourney.
nacluth
Ladyjacks stuff ACU on the road and clinch the #2 seed. Get some senior rest on Saturday.
nacluth
Central Arkansas is going to be our semifinal draw tomorrow. We swept them in the season, but we need our offense to break their voracious defense. Go get them ladies. Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
Nicholls beats Lamar! Road to the NCAA just got easier. Must take care of business today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.