2017-2018 Ladyjacks

42,597 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

I'm probably going to be home watching the men's game when I should be at the Coliseum watching the women live.

Go down to one of those Nac dollar stores, buy one of those so-called throw-down "smart phone" thingies (you know what those are, right, Ryan?) and watch the men on the smart phone thingy and the ladies in the Coliseum.

You can thank me later...
nacluth
I guess that could work, but it might be confusing when I'm yelling at the refs in Abilene during a timeout in Nac. I'll just tell everyone my Tourette's is acting up again.
nacluth
Nice win to drop ACU and stay undefeated in conference play!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Two SFA wins in one night. I love it!!!
nacluth
And then there was one! With Central Arkansas losing at home, SFA is the only undefeated team on the women's side. Great job Ladyjacks!!!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
ACUCattitude
Good win for the LadyJacks.
Wow that was a sloppy game. 37 total turnovers, 40+ fouls. Terrible shooting pct.
Neither team is going to beat UCA like that.
INiedrauer
Staff
ACUCattitude said:

Wow that was a sloppy game. 37 total turnovers, 40+ fouls. Terrible shooting pct.
I might disagree with this. I think that might actually be the best way to beat UCA. A race to 50 is a lot easier at the free throw line.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

ACUCattitude
INiedrauer said:

ACUCattitude said:

I might disagree with this. I think that might actually be the best way to beat UCA. A race to 50 is a lot easier at the free throw line.
You might be right. (Geez I hate UCA's slow motion offense)

I think it's a little early to predict a conference championship. SFA has the toughest schedule left of the four contenders. They have five games against ACU, UCA, and Lamar. ACU and UCA have four and Lamar three thanks to the unbalanced schedule. I'm pretty sure ACU won't give you 33% shooting from the field in Moody or 30 free throws but at least you control your destiny.

Good luck until next time.

nacluth
Good battle on ESPN3 right now between UCA & ACU. Good camera work and commentary for a SLC Women's game. UCA's center Jordan looks tough, so Imani Johnson will have her hands full. It looks like she just plants herself under the bucket. If we can move her around and tire her out, we can wear her down. Outside shooting is going to be essential. We're going to need Lovisa and Marissa to bring it.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Typical Arkansas game so far. 21-19 UCA at the half. Race to 50 has begun.
nacluth
Women dominate UCA to win 59-46!!! Great win and control of the Southland! Undefeated!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks played down to the competition in the first half (only led by two), but came alive and put Prison Tech away in the second half by over 20.
SFAJack_76
Dominated the second half. Harvey had her best game of the year. Parker really turned it on in the second half. Maybe having big brother at the game helped.
nacluth
Agree about Harvey. Looked good battling down low, and had some stingy defense. Her turnarounds in the paint looked nice too.

Great win Ladyjacks. 8-0!
SFA Jack Fanatic
The latest ESPN Bracketology has the Ladyjacks as a #15 seed playing at #2 seed Oregon.
nacluth
Hoping we can do some damage the rest of the way and get up past 13. The top 16 schools in the country are almost unbeatable from a midmajor perspective. The talent is extremely top heavy in the women's game. Not that there are never upsets, but the parity on the men's side is so much better than the women's.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Hoping we can do some damage the rest of the way and get up past 13. The top 16 schools in the country are almost unbeatable from a midmajor perspective. The talent is extremely top heavy in the women's game. Not that there are never upsets, but the parity on the men's side is so much better than the women's.
And there's that dadgum conference tournament to deal with before then. And we all know about the women teams' jinx.
nacluth
No. No jinx. We're winners. No more jinx talk.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

No. No jinx. We're winners. No more jinx talk.
There are no jinxes. My previous comment was obviously hacked!
MasterAxe
In regards to the Ladyjacks season, I think everyone is having (even secretly) the Yeah/But conversation in their head.

YEAH, great regular season (again), BUT, are we gonna flame out in the SLC tournament (again).
nacluth
Ladyjacks play the first half of conference play perfectly. Great job ladies. They stifled HBU by 22.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Ladyjacks play the first half of conference play perfectly. Great job ladies. They stifled HBU by 22.
Very nice to see them dominate a game on the road.
ACUCattitude
I posted this on ACU's CatChat forum. Love to know what you think.

We are a little more than halfway through the conference season and it will be almost impossible for ACU to win the regular season. It is important, however, that we hold on to the #4 seed in the tourney so that we get a first round bye. My projected seeds:

1. Lamar A split with SFA probably gives them at least a tie for 1st.
2. SFA The LadyJacks have played at home all year. However, the second half brings a brutal road schedule against Lamar, UCA, and ACU who have lost only one home conference game among them plus a home game with Lamar that could determine the one-seed.
3. UCA Must beat SFA at home and ACU on the road to have a chance to tie for the championship.
4. ACU
INiedrauer
Staff
I could live with this. Conference championships are great but they've had those. It's Katy they can't seem to get through. As an SFA supporter, I'm fine with literally any finish so long as the Katy curse is broken this year.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
I actually like how ACU is built a lot.

I think UCA is much weaker this year because we they can't score. SFA, Lamar, and ACU can - especially at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they sink down the stretch. However, ACU has a hard road to get out of the #4 spot.

I don't think we stay undefeated, but SFA can score and defend with their whole team deeper than the rest of the conference right now. This weekend will be their test to see how they finish their schedule. Maybe cause I'm a homer, I see SFA and Lamar switched in your bracket, but if I were to do power rankings it would be 1) SFA 2) Lamar 3) ACU 4) UCA.

I think you beat UCA at home, but I think we have your number.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Jon
Big game against Lamar in Beaumont on Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if this one comes down to the wire.
- Jon Godeaux
BigJack85
SFA and Lamar are the only two schools in the conference to have sustained any kind of success in women's basketball. Not surprised to see them at the top.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Good half by the Ladyjacks. Started to really exert their will and shut down Kinard. They finished on a 13-5 run to lead 35-30 at the half. A dominant third is needed. Go Ladyjacks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks have missed about 10 point-blank shots in the first half against Lamar. Despite that, they lead 35-30. Lamar definitely has some athletes on their team. They like to push the ball up the court.

BTW, the sound system here in the Montagne Center is not very good. Another reason why WRJ is definitely the best facility in the SLC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We knew this one would be close. 55-53 Lamar end of the 3rd.
nacluth
Yep. It is a slugfest for sure. Finish strong!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
If we lose this game, it's from sloppy passes off the line and from our point guards. Slow passes have resulted in at least six turnovers in the second half.
SFAXE93
Getting out rebounded as of late as well.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
MasterAxe
Not a great 2nd half performance.

Really struggled with the Lamar pressure, our guards really had problems.

nacluth
Rough calls down the stretch with some sloppy play in the fourth doom the Jacks. Down a half game to Lamar.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.