2017-2018 Ladyjacks

42,939 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know if the girls need full game threads since not too many comment on them, so I'll start a general thread.

Today they are playing Howard Payne. They started with a 14-0 run in the first 4 minutes.

And right now are on pace to a 128-32 victory.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Ok 56-17 at the half...their pace has slowed down a little.
nacluth
I've been watching live on FB (kids are sick or we would be there), and there have been consistently about 15 people watching the feed after the initial rush.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Howard Payne could not beat a good 4-A high school team. Ladyjacks up by 56 early in the 4th.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Marissa Banfield can flat out shoot the ball. Ugly shot, but it works for her.
nacluth
70 point win...okay maybe it was a little lopsided. Maybe next year Howard Payne. Fourth Quarter Coach K let the B team run the court. They played great- especially with the freshman out there. Banfield and A Johnson look like they are built for college ball. Hard to take much but the win and lots of game play for our new players. Great job Jacks.
SFAJack_76
Really encouraged about the freshmen. Stevi did her thing. Taylor Jackson was much improved over last year. Good win against way overmatched competition.
nacluth
Girls play Alabama A&M tonight at 8:00. Follow up with a game tomorrow at 2:00. Go get em girls.
nacluth
Riley Harvey playing again tonight; that's a good sign. Imani Johnson is showing she's a force already.
Ljacks&Longnecks
32-25 at the half. on Facebook live....no audio there and camera appears to be up in the rafters. Site showed that 24 were watching as the half expired...that's almost as many as are in the stands there at Southern Miss.
Ljacks&Longnecks
77-50 win over Alabama St. Solid performance tonight. Freshman Marrisa Banfield with 11 pts tonight....she has a sweet 3 pt shot. She has the potential to be something really special over the next 4 years.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

77-50 win over Alabama St. Solid performance tonight. Freshman Marrisa Banfield with 11 pts tonight....she has a sweet 3 pt shot. She has the potential to be something really special over the next 4 years.
Her shots are unorthodox but they go in!
No-look
Nice win!
nacluth
Girls make an extremely quick turnaround by playing Alcorn St. tomorrow at 2pm as they try to grab the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic win.
nacluth
Slow start in the Alcorn St. game with lots of sloppy passing leading to turnovers. Down 13-6 at first Media.
nacluth
We've got a squad out there right now with four white girls on the court. Not to really say anything racially about who can play, but in the last 10 years or so, I've never seen this in a SFA squad. Just a curiosity.

Banfield is getting lots of playing time at the point, and doing decent. Not as good at driving as Taylor Jackson, but they have to respect her range (though she hasn't hit yet today).
nacluth
30-28 our way at the half. Girls held Alcorn to 2 points for 8 and a half minutes during that second quarter. Tight game.
nacluth
52-50 after three. Game has opened up a lot; legs after two back to back games may be slowing down.
nacluth
Stevi Parker drilled a three pointer with two seconds left to save the game and send it to OT!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow....83-79 Ladyjacks win in OT. Good game in terms of closeness and SFA pulling it out....Lady's killed them from the FT line. On the flip side we had about 24 turnovers that kept Alcorn in it.
nacluth
An exciting game for the Ladyjacks to wrap up both wins at the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic. Stevi Parker hit the last two free throws to ice the game at 83-79. Her last ditch 3 to send it to OT was perfect. Alyssa Mayfield came up big with 6 points in OT along with 22 in the game to lead all scorers. Great game Ladyjacks!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep, I said yesterday that Banfield will be something special in her career but Mayfield is already making her mark as a freshman. The future for this club is looking up.
No-look
Awesome!
ACUCattitude
As an ACU fan who follows WBB closely, the scary thing about SFA's win against Alcorn is that UCA beat them by 23...

Love me some Stevie Parker. She is going to have a really good year, I think. If these new ladies are as good as you say, the Ladyjacks will be in the thick of it.

In addition to Lamar. UCA will be a tough again this year. Meanwhile, ACU has one good win against Idaho and one bad loss at SMU. Back to Back at Arkansas and home against Florida Gulf Coast this next week will tell a lot about the very young Wildcats.

SLC WBB will be a lot of fun this year with at least five teams capable of winning it all.
nacluth
Going to be a long night tonight for Central Baptist. Some of their team do not even look like athletes. Coach is already giving our second team plenty of work in the first period.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
97-34 for their fifth win of the season. NAIA teams are not the best competition, but they do allow good playing time for all players. Axed em.
nacluth
South Dakota is coming to town Saturday before the ULM game. As big as the NDSU game was for the guys, this game will be for the girls. South Dakota has played strong competition. We will have to play up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yep. South Dakota is good. Don't let their record fool you. It will be a dog fight. Stevi will have to have a big game.
nacluth
To be honest, I'm hoping we keep it close. I'm not expecting a win, but I would sure love one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I haven't seen any articles written by Jon about our women's teams this season. Has he moved on to greener pastures, Isaac?
nacluth
41-24 Ladyjacks at half even with a lower shooting percentage. Completely dominating South Dakota on defense.

Oh yeah, Stevi's having a great game.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
RedRiverLa
We're up by 21 with 7 minutes to go. I'm expecting a win. One fan has already been thrown out by police.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Ladyjacks win convincingly 77-55!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Let's just say we didn't make friends with South Dakota. We destroyed them completely. They didn't even look good in the second half. I was sitting center court with Ljacks&Longnecks when the coach got her technical. I thanked her for the free points. She was not happy with how this game went.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
We have a Ladyjacks person who is starting hopefully in a couple weeks. End of the fall semester.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.