SLC vs SEC - the way too early thread

41,555 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have three games against the SEC this season (Mississippi St., LSU, and Missouri), and I may be misremembering, but I can't recall playing three teams from a power conference before. What's our chances (ridiculously way too soon) to knock off the SEC teams? Will we go through with 0, 1, 2, or 3 wins?

We play 3 D2+ teams in 4 days and then 3 days off and then Miss St. Four games in a week! Is that going to be a good tune up or are we going to be worn out?

More impractical questions to come...
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

We have three games against the SEC this season (Mississippi St., LSU, and Missouri), and I may be misremembering, but I can't recall playing three teams from a power conference before. What's our chances (ridiculously way too soon) to knock off the SEC teams? Will we go through with 0, 1, 2, or 3 wins?

We play 3 D2+ teams in 4 days and then 3 days off and then Miss St. Four games in a week! Is that going to be a good tune up or are we going to be worn out?

More impractical questions to come...
Ever the SFA optimist, if the Jacks have a decent shooting percentage from outside this year (which I think we will), I think we could steal a couple from MSU and LSU. Beating a loaded Missouri on their court would probably be asking a bit too much. (And BTW, it's never too soon to talk Jacks MBB).
sfa17
Winning on the road during non conference is so tough. Then u add a P5 team to the equation. I am one of the biggest SFA basketball fanboys but I don't see us beating any of those SEC Teams (hope I'm wrong). A few years ago I would have said at least 1 win is possibly. This season I'm taking a much more relaxed point of view. But that doesn't mean we won't have a great team. I believe we could have a really good one. At this moment I would be happy with a competitive game.
TallTexan
I'd say you always have a chance to steal a game here or there. Hello Oklahoma!

That said, even if you come away without a win, you get the experience of playing bigger, more athletic teams, something that you don't get during southland conference play.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.