Transfers

6,959 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by No-look
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw today that both Winchester and Traylor are transferring out.

Winchesters isnt that much of a loss...Traylor, more.

Thought he could be a real asset moving forward.

Perhaps he saw the playing time diminishing with the class coming in, or, hated the system or, maybe he just wanted to leave.

Best of luck to both of them
MaNilla4L
Something definitely felt off with Traylor all year, he seemed to show some potential early on as a shooter and a pretty decent athlete. I just felt like he was not getting as much run as i expected considering our inefficiency from behind the arc. Figured there was something going on behind the scenes that the coaching staff wasn't happy with. I hope he finds a better situation moving forward, curious to see where he lands
MasterAxe
Colston,

Agree with you 100%. Just never really seemed to sync with offense.

We have some studs coming in, so maybe he saw the proverbial writing on the wall.

sfa17
At least one guard had to go and wasn't going to ty. Ivan was inconsistent but he carried the team for the first few weeks. Thought it would be Bains bc of injuries and not be a keller recruit
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

At least one guard had to go and wasn't going to ty. Ivan was inconsistent but he carried the team for the first few weeks. Thought it would be Bains bc of injuries and not be a keller recruit
Glad it wasn't Bain. IMO, he has a big upside. Very athletic, but injuries have kept us from seeing much of it. BTW, Bain is a Forward.
sfa17
my mistake. Probably a result him never playing.
No-look
Are there any spots open as of now?
PurpleOut
Staff
Issac should have more on this later, but we're after KU transfer Dwight Coleby (6'9 240). He was the #1 player in Mississippi in 2013 who originally signed and played well at Ole Miss. Tore his ACL, transferred and sat out a year at Kansas. Was buried on the depth chart last year, but seems to be well liked among the Jayhawk faithful. Would be a huge get, give him a follow (@daddysmooth22)

SFA Jack Fanatic
That would be huge! The inside presence that we need.
sfa17
https://wingspansports.com/2017/05/15/kansas-forward-dwight-coleby-to-tranfer/

"Coleby contributed mightily to the Jayhawks over the last 2 years. After transferring to Kansas from Ole Miss, he tore his ACL during his redshirt season. During his season of eligibility he contributed off the bench after the Azibuke injury. He was a great leader in the locker room and his leadership will be missed. "

"Coleby is going to transfer and make a huge impact for his graduate year. He deserves that. He is a hard worker, a beast on the boards and will likely make a big difference on whatever school he chooses. "

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dwight-Coleby-20337/RecruitInterests
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

https://wingspansports.com/2017/05/15/kansas-forward-dwight-coleby-to-tranfer/

"Coleby contributed mightily to the Jayhawks over the last 2 years. After transferring to Kansas from Ole Miss, he tore his ACL during his redshirt season. During his season of eligibility he contributed off the bench after the Azibuke injury. He was a great leader in the locker room and his leadership will be missed. "

"Coleby is going to transfer and make a huge impact for his graduate year. He deserves that. He is a hard worker, a beast on the boards and will likely make a big difference on whatever school he chooses. "

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dwight-Coleby-20337/RecruitInterests
Just so there's no confusion, the 247Sports link you provided link to his original recruiting out of high school, not his current situation.
sfa17
Yeah this is the Kansas one
http://247sports.com/player/dwight-coleby-19505

Hopefully we get him. Would be nice to have a true center. He would probably move our recruiting class into the 60s.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think we haven't a decent chance, we have a lot to offer. But as always there are bigger schools after him. Including Underwood.

He's on campus with Western Kentucky right now. Which isn't good, Stansbury is a really good recruiter.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I think we haven't a decent chance, we have a lot to offer. But as always there are bigger schools after him. Including Underwood.

He's on campus with Western Kentucky right now. Which isn't good, Stansbury is a really good recruiter.
Coach K has already visited with him and his family in the Bahamas. That can't hurt.
sfa17

Wku already has a potential one and done 5 star center in Mitchell Robinson and Dwight only has 1year left. He will be competing for playing time.
PurpleOut
Staff
Definitely, all reasons why I think we have a good shot.
TallTexan
Is this the elusive mystery transfer Isaac's been promising us for months?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Is this the elusive mystery transfer Isaac's been promising us for months?
No. That was someone else from a D-1 school out west. That one is probably dead in the water.
No-look
Be nice to bring him in for a visit. I'm assuming coaches are keeping in touch with him.
TallTexan
Will we ever learn who it was?

Isaac, if it doesn't work out you'll tell us who it was after he signs with another team right?
INiedrauer
Staff
TallTexan said:

Will we ever learn who it was?

Isaac, if it doesn't work out you'll tell us who it was after he signs with another team right?
I will. Likely if it doesn't work out it'll be because he decided not to transfer. That's the battle being waged.
sfa17
Just speculation but Texas a&m PF 6 11 Eric villa is transferring. Freshmen from Spain. http://verbalcommits.com/players/eric-vila
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Just speculation but Texas a&m PF 6 11 Eric villa is transferring. Freshmen from Spain. http://verbalcommits.com/players/eric-vila
May be no Keller connection, since Keller had left before Villa arrived. But Keller may have helped recruit him to A&M.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
No-look
He will do well there. Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.