Josh Huntley is transferring

4,165 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nacluth
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stephen F. Austin F Josh Huntley (RS JR) is leaving the program http://verbalcommits.com/players/josh-huntley
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Stephen F. Austin F Josh Huntley (RS JR) is leaving the program http://verbalcommits.com/players/josh-huntley
Not surprised. Very little playing time here (8 minutes per game), and not likely to increase much next season. Good luck, Josh. Thanks for being a Jack!
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah not that surprising. Best of luck to Josh.
sfa17
Best of luck to him. Had one or two good games. As a senior he needed to be starting or play good minutes next season and he probably wasn't going to.
INiedrauer
Staff
A lot of people don't realize the adversity he dealt with personally this last year and this does make me a bit sad. The grandmother of Josh's young child passed away in a car accident, and being the man he is, Josh missed a lot of offseason conditioning and workouts to take care of his baby back home. As soon as he made his return, he got hurt.

The news may be just coming out but this has been expected for a bit. Still sad to see him go.

Lot of tough breaks - the theme of the team this year in a lot of ways - but he was a key contributor all year in practice and at times in games. Best of luck to Josh wherever his next chapter takes him.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I do remembering hearing one of the SFA assistant coaches mention on a pregame interview on Q 107 that Huntley had been through some personal issues and then been injured and that had set him back on playing time. They of course gave no details and that was the correct move.
Seeing that he did the right (manly) thing and took care of his child raises my respect for him and I do wish him success in the transfer and with his life ahead.
No-look
Wish him well. Good luck to him!
nacluth
Sad to see, but wish him the best. Really thought he has some potential as a powerful big inside. Every once in a while he would make a move that seemed top level. It looked like he needed training and polishing, but oh well.

Hopefully Nieminen becomes a solid core guy.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.