Ladyjacks (3) vs CBU (1) FOR THE 'SHIP

3,791 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RedRiverLa
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bizarre. Ya. The adversity comments, make me think that some other stuff was at play. Ugh.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Administrative decision or Team decision?

We do need an explanation of why this invite was turned down. Did the team take a vote to turn it down....or was it an administrative decision about money involved to continue season?
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

What a hugely disappointing move by the program. The WNIT isn't some third tier tournament. I understand the disappointment of a 1-point loss, but this is irrational. I'm pretty sure the amount of time you could rest and prepare for the season after the WNIT would be sufficient. You never know when a post season play opportunity will come. Just a bad look move.

With the addition of the WBIT, the WNIT actually is the third tier post season tournament.

Beyond that, you have no clue why they declined the bid. Apparently you believe the decision was made without the best interest of the girls and the program in mind. They are STUDENT athletes.

Terrible take. Liked by others that also have no clue.
Pilotgirl
I am all for our hard working Ladies getting a mental health break...I can only imagine how the emotional toll was during the tournament. This, on top of things that go on behind closed doors, I am sure ---led to the decision. I applaud this decision if it was Students-First & a Team Decision.

The future is Bright for our Ladyjacks!!
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

RedRiverLa said:

What a hugely disappointing move by the program. The WNIT isn't some third tier tournament. I understand the disappointment of a 1-point loss, but this is irrational. I'm pretty sure the amount of time you could rest and prepare for the season after the WNIT would be sufficient. You never know when a post season play opportunity will come. Just a bad look move.

With the addition of the WBIT, the WNIT actually is the third tier post season tournament.

Beyond that, you have no clue why they declined the bid. Apparently you believe the decision was made without the best interest of the girls and the program in mind. They are STUDENT athletes.

Terrible take. Liked by others that also have no clue.

Oh yes, the vaunted WBIT, lol. I guess me and my terrible take clueless buddies have a lot to learn. Having been a D1 athlete, I like to think I still understand the mindset, the mental stress, and the disappointment. Rash decisions are made in the moment that are 'in the best interest' of the program but are regretted down the road. I hope this is not one, but then again, students have a different mindset today.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Below is a quote from Coach Bishop regarding the team status and why we turned down post season play.
A credible statement that better explains the issue than the vague words that I first saw on WBB Facebook page.
Certainly sounds reasonable to this fan.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/#][/url]
"Our kids have battled through a lot," Ladyjacks head coach Leonard Bishop said. "It's been an extremely long season. We even had the foreign tour in August, so without giving too much away, we had a lot of kids who, medically, were really hanging on by a thread. So instead of pushing it any further, we felt like this was the right time to shut it down and get our minds and bodies right for the next year."

RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Below is a quote from Coach Bishop regarding the team status and why we turned down post season play.
A credible statement that better explains the issue than the vague words that I first saw on WBB Facebook page.
Certainly sounds reasonable to this fan.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/#][/url]
"Our kids have battled through a lot," Ladyjacks head coach Leonard Bishop said. "It's been an extremely long season. We even had the foreign tour in August, so without giving too much away, we had a lot of kids who, medically, were really hanging on by a thread. So instead of pushing it any further, we felt like this was the right time to shut it down and get our minds and bodies right for the next year."

Ok, let's get them next year! I hope when we have that one more or plus games after winning the WAC tourney next year, we'll be in better shape medically and won't have to decline post season. Nothing more important than health, hope all recover!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.