Ladyjacks (3) vs CBU (1) FOR THE 'SHIP

3,904 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by RedRiverLa
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will say that this has been a tough good game. Tight and close.
nacluth
Big shot by Van Sickle but too little too late.

75-74 final. I called if we could hold them under 75 we win. I didn't realize I was so on the nose.
No-look
nacluth said:

Big shot by Van Sickle but too little too late.

75-74 final. I called if we could hold them under 75 we win. I didn't realize I was so on the nose.
Pure greatness lol
RedRiverLa
Heartbreaking. What a run.
nacluth
Congratulations to the Ladyjacks and Coach Bishop and his staff. They went above and beyond what anyone thought was possible. They had everyone believing today. The Ladyjacks haven't gone anywhere.
RichieVan
Hats off to CBU. They made big shots when they had to. Didn't appreciate the refs swallowing their whistles in two straight possessions with blatant fouls on Harden.
Big time props to Coach Bishop. How great was the job he did this year? Ladyjack fans have a lot to look forward to.
Pilotgirl
ONE point Sooooo close! Still so very proud of this No Quit Team! First year HC, reloaded on Players, naysayers ranked us low. And we were ONE POINT from dancing.

Let's see what post season opportunities we get and keep playing!
TallTexan
Man, that's a gut punch.

But I'm so proud of this team for being 1 points away in season 1.

Lost Zya, AB, Harrison, Aiyana, & Angel & reloaded and ended in the mix at the end.

The future is bright for the Bishop led Ladyjacks.
RedRiverLa
I'm just not proud of how they played, I'm more
proud that they honored their commitment to SFA and didn't jump ship. I would have loved to see them dancing , but they won in life when it comes to character and strength of heart.
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

I'm just not proud of how they played, I'm more
proud that they honored their commitment to SFA and didn't jump ship. I would have loved to see them dancing , but they won in life when it comes to character and strength of heart.

100%
Pilotgirl
Dez and Kurstyn make the All-Tournament Team, as does former Ladyjack & current Mav, AB.
nacluth
Kurstyn definitely deserves the majority of the praise today, but this was Avery's best game that I have seen. She didn't have the toughest defensive assignments, but she was not scored on much. She hit her shots when needed. Look forward to seeing what she and Deck, LCW, and Trinity Moore can build next year.
nacluth
I hope our Ladyjacks want to play in a postseason tournament. I want to keep rooting for them.

Who is done this year? Kurstyn, Destini, Tyler, Mele?
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

I hope our Ladyjacks want to play in a postseason tournament. I want to keep rooting for them.

I don't see why we wouldn't want to play....more practice for Bishop on big games and I don't think these girls are ready to stop playing yet.
Mel is a grad student, so her years are up. With the COVID years, who knows about the rest...but I wish them the best if they want to try another team. I hope those that can, stay, but I know life experiences change that.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Mel and Kurstyn are out of eligibility. Everybody else has at least one year of eligibility left.
nacluth
If Destini and Tyler stay, that would be huge. Lombard has almost become as complete a player as Visscher was, and I could be convinced she already has.
migata33
Great effort today! Sometimes you just come up short but in a transitional year they did really well! No NCAA but there are plenty of 3 digit post season tourneys they can play in be it NIT, CIT,MIT,PLO,NWO....
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

If Destini and Tyler stay, that would be huge. Lombard has almost become as complete a player as Visscher was, and I could be convinced she already has.

True this! That's a good person to compare Lombard with. And Destini is even quicker and faster than Visscher.

No doubt that Kurstyn is our POY, but I think Destini should be in that conversation, too.
Pilotgirl
I'm so glad Dez is getting her accolades! She's worked so hard for this...it was fun watching her develop year to year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Kurstyn definitely deserves the majority of the praise today, but this was Avery's best game that I have seen. She didn't have the toughest defensive assignments, but she was not scored on much. She hit her shots when needed. Look forward to seeing what she and Deck, LCW, and Trinity Moore can build next year.

I agree about Avery. I think she improved over the last half of the season more than anyone. She shot better and seemed to be more and more confident each game.

And we can't forget about Mele. Getting her on the court and into the starting lineup after her injury was huge.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Apparently academics knocked out Slocum and Gatewood. It will be great to get them back next year, especially Mimi at PG.

Oh, and two very good freshmen coming in, including a 6'4" center. The future is bright.
RedRiverLa
Honestly, I'm more excited about the Ladyjacks next than I the Lumberjacks. Of course, I hope both do well.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Apparently academics knocked out Slocum and Gatewood. It will be great to get them back next year, especially Mimi at PG.

Oh, and two very good freshmen coming in, including a 6'4" center. The future is bright.

Nice to get that kind of height.

Will be interesting to see who Bishop lands as transfers too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Nice to get that kind of height.

Will be interesting to see who Bishop lands as transfers too.

It'll take that freshman center quite a while to develop anything close to what Harden provided, realistically maybe a whole year or two. Trinity Moore will probably start out as the primary post player, and I imagine that Bishop will grab a big from the fishbowl portal. Hope she's a good one.

And Zoe Nelson's status is a mystery.
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

Honestly, I'm more excited about the Ladyjacks next than I the Lumberjacks. Of course, I hope both do well.

Ya. I'm hopeful that Keller pulls in a 3-4 solid players. We need at least 1 true shooter with range. If Beaubrun makes a leap we could be good. Nana will give us solid minutes but not the dominant big we need. Fingers crossed
Pilotgirl
LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!
. Sweet!!!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!

Awesome achievement. Axe ' En jacks
BigJack85
Real testament to the strength of the program. When a first year head coach, can secure a 21 win season AND a trip to the NIT!!!!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!

...and we just declined it.
nacluth
Wow. Didn't see that one coming.
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!

what???
Pilotgirl
March Sadness continues.....guess I will just be following WVU

I am wondering if GCU declined, too...? I can't imagine Molly not wanting post-season play.
RedRiverLa
What a hugely disappointing move by the program. The WNIT isn't some third tier tournament. I understand the disappointment of a 1-point loss, but this is irrational. I'm pretty sure the amount of time you could rest and prepare for the season after the WNIT would be sufficient. You never know when a post season play opportunity will come. Just a bad look move.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

LADYJACKS TO THE WNIT!

I wonder if the 'adversity' which they mentioned in the GCU presser had anything to do with this decision...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.