SFA / Paul Quinn

2,569 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Jacks1989
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paul Quinn is 1-6. Their win? 79-77 over North American.
TalkingSports
Unfortunately, I won't be able to get off work to call the game today. Still, tune in to ESPN+ to watch as Cade Haak and Hunter Overholt are on the call. Happy holidays everyone!
No-look
Perfect storm for low attendance? Day game, Holidays, students gone and playing a non D1… I will be there to carry the torch
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Perfect storm for low attendance? Day game, Holidays, students gone and playing a non D1… I will be there to carry the torch

Get the sliders from concessions. They are really good. And, priced right.
SFAJack_76
Southwick not suited up. Good game to miss.
No-look
Don't see Jossell.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's against an inferior opponent, but Stone is really looking good. Very smooth lefty moves.
Jacks1989
Stone looks really good. Cade and Hunter on ESPN plus doing a good job announcing.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Don't see Jossell.

He's not here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Announcer: "Myles Jenkins looking Michael Jordanesque on that one". Hmm... That's a bit of a stretch.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

No-look said:

Don't see Jossell.

He's not here.
. Temporary I would assume?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Stone's muscular physique is more than Paul Quinn's smallish guys can handle in the paint.
jboy93
Did they describe the put back slam a minute ago with "son of a nut cracker"?!?!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Nice to know that Stone is just a junior.
Jacks1989
Yes. Hilarious.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Did they describe the put back slam a minute ago with "son of a nut cracker"?!?!

That could be taken several ways, but I think it was an exclamation.
jboy93
Really would be nice to get info on why Jossell is not there.
Jacks1989
Yeah. Hope everything is ok. Hopefully he will be back next week for the UNO game.
SFAJack_76
Jossell is sick.
nacluth
Stone is 12 for 12 shooting! Also, I don't care if it's a nothing game, Hall scoring 23 points is big.
nacluth
I'm not there or watching but I'm guessing it's no big deal our point guards are combining for 0 points since everyone else is scoring.
Jacks1989
Those 3 guards at the end of the bench, Mayes/Jenkins and Scott combined for 27 points. Scott when he does play always seems to knock down a shot.
No-look
Miles Jenkins Can we just call him MJ?
BigJack85
Quick take. Cajuste shooting is way off. Stone could be our rock. Hall needed a confidence builder. Jenkins could be a real shining star soon. Beaubrun looked weak on offense, his defense looked good.

Paul Quinn ain't much, but we did execute for 75% of the game. Other than Drake , we haven't executed for more than 50% of a game for more than 3-4 games. Maybe we can find something
RedRiverLa
Look when SFA and PQ lock horns, you can just through the records out the window in this rivalry game!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
DayDay "without my teammates, I wouldn't be here".

Ljacks&Longnecks
Interesting comment from Day Day. I know that we all forget that these are young men with lives---not just SFA basketball players. We complain and wonder why guys are not putting up the stats we want to see. We never bother to think that perhaps something is going on in their life far more important than MBB.
Whatever is behind that phrase he said, I hope that Day Day will come out strong in life and BB.

Also interesting that Keller admits to all are concerned or worried about our record.....but that it was not going to happen again--I believe were his words.
BigJack85
Jenkins has a future ….. with SFA. Upscaled Comeaux
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

The same John Comeaux that had six knee surgeries, and continued to give up his body to be one of the best defensive guards ever at SFA?
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

The same John Comeaux that had six knee surgeries, and continued to give up his body to be one of the best defensive guards ever at SFA?
. We were talking about John yesterday at the game. How he could up in someone's grill and change a game. He was a nightmare to an opposing player.
TallTexan
Still my wife's favorite Lumberjack. He played with an unmatched toughness.

Biggest defensive gamechanger I've seen at that spot.
Jacks1989
Last 3 games Stone has averaged 13.6 points. Hopefully he can keep this up. I like his size down low. Any updates on why Jossell and Southwick did not play?
SFAJack_76
Jacks1989 said:

Last 3 games Stone has averaged 13.6 points. Hopefully he can keep this up. I like his size down low. Any updates on why Jossell and Southwick did not play?
Jossell was sick. Southwick has a relatively minor ankle sprain.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Minus the knee surgerys, I hope. I like his aggressive stance inside 10 ft. He probably won't be the guard Comeaux was. But he has a bigger frame and some of the same agility.
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

Stone is most effective with that left hand layup from the left side of the bucket. He will get to the line. Now, just get that free throw average up a little. Lol
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.