SFA / Tarleton

3,893 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by BigJack85
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Those running layups in the paint was hurting us. Tarleton was very disciplined. We had trouble with their pressure. But we live to fight again. We will. Be fine.
ServiceJack88
Remember we beat Duke
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'll just echo what others have said, since it's obvious to all of us. Hall and Jossell need more court time, especially Hall. He's a Preseason First Team All-Conference guy and he's riding the pines getting splinters in his rear.

At crunch time would you rather have Nana or Day Day on the floor? That's not even debatable. As a starter would you rather have Nana or Hall? And yet Nana is getting more minutes than just about anyone on the team. The only advantage Nana has is his height. Hall is better in all phases. We saw it last year. What's changed? I think it's no coincidence that the Jacks had poor starts to both halves last night when Hall was on the bench. Start him!

And how about setting some screens and clearing out some space for Jossell?

I hate to criticize Keller, but it's deserved criticism at this point.

BigJack85
Big bad SFA cut down to size by Tarleton. Yuck. Just yuck.
JHard
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'll just echo what others have said, since it's obvious to all of us. Hall and Jossell need more court time, especially Hall. He's a Preseason First Team All-Conference guy and he's riding the pines getting splinters in his rear.

At crunch time would you rather have Nana or Day Day on the floor? That's not even debatable. As a starter would you rather have Nana or Hall? And yet Nana is getting more minutes than just about anyone on the team. The only advantage Nana has is his height. Hall is better in all phases. We saw it last year. What's changed? I think it's no coincidence that the Jacks had poor starts to both halves last night when Hall was on the bench. Start him!

And how about setting some screens and clearing out some space for Jossell?

I hate to criticize Keller, but it's deserved criticism at this point.

Agree with all of this. On top of the subbing perhaps to quickly/often, we seem to rarely run plays for specific players. Maybe we are and it just doesn't show well, but that's what I see.

Guys like Hall, Jossell, and Cajuste have the ability to take over ANY game. And for some reason we seem to underutilize them.
JHard
Minutes played last night:

Christmas: 27
Nana: 26
Wilson: 25
Staine: 21
Jossell: 21
Hall: 19
Southwick: 14
Cajuste: 13
Stone: 11
Hayman: 11
Beaubrun: 10
Jenkins: 2

Sorry, I can't justify those few of minutes for Hall and Cajuste. And nothing against Christmas, I think he's got a lot of potential, but he had a rough game last night to play 27 minutes and called upon in crunch time.

Hopefully this was just a gamble that didn't pay off one time.
BigJack85
JHard said:

Minutes played last night:

Christmas: 27
Nana: 26
Wilson: 25
Staine: 21
Jossell: 21
Hall: 19
Southwick: 14
Cajuste: 13
Stone: 11
Hayman: 11
Beaubrun: 10
Jenkins: 2

Sorry, I can't justify those few of minutes for Hall and Cajuste. And nothing against Christmas, I think he's got a lot of potential, but he had a rough game last night to play 27 minutes and called upon in crunch time.

Hopefully this was just a gamble that didn't pay off one time.

Ya. I'm mystified. I get the substitution pattern to a degree, but haven't we over done it. I mean, zero continuity and flow. Give the guys time to gel.

Tough, inexplicable loss after a pretty solid tournament.

SFA88
BigJack85 said:

Big bad SFA cut down to size by Tarleton. Yuck. Just yuck.
in football and basketball and, soon, in baseball.
SFA88
It's early for everyone, including Tarleton, and no one has looked completely in sync this week. Keller did seem to be in non-conference mode more than some of the other coaches. It's one game and no one is going through the WAC undefeated. The team will, ultimately, be one of the best in the conference.
No-look
Jacks will be fine.
Jacks1989
That was a long drive back to Houston last night. Sucked just like the Jacks. Hopefully they will put that loss behind them and start playing like they did in the Drake game. This team has too much talent to play like that.
Jacks1989
One more thing, I really can't believe how bad the crowd was last night. This was a Wednesday night and the students barely came out and supported the Jacks. I remember when the the Gym was pretty packed and rocking.
SFA88
Jacks1989 said:

One more thing, I really can't believe how bad the crowd was last night. This was a Wednesday night and the students barely came out and supported the Jacks. I remember when the the Gym was pretty packed and rocking.

I've given up on that.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Don't get me started….
No-look
The crowds will get better and the team will get to winning.
BigJack85
No-look said:

The crowds will get better and the team will get to winning.

I believe.

Axe 'Em Jacks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.