SFA / Drake (Cayman Classic Semi)

3,467 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by No-look
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ethan Mayes and Daveon Scott with back to back threes to end it was fun. The "bench" loved it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We've got ourselves a basketball team, ladies and gentlemen!!!
djsfw57
nacluth said:

92-68 win! Everyone getting something today. That was an incredible game.
Just heard 8 different players hit 3-pointers today. That is insane!!
SFA, Class of 1979
Rev007
What a great game! Scored over 90 and not a single player with 15 points. The team is deep.
nacluth
Nana hitting four threes from all around the arc was something to see. He looked like a Big 10 player from out there.
nacluth
On to the 'ship!
SFAJack_76
Depth in numbers, but more importantly, quality depth.

It's a long season, but this team looks like it might just be a really good one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Very good game by Jalil. He even handled bringing the ball up against the press pretty well.

Drake's press was a sieve. It didn't bother the Jacks at all.

Insane 3-point shooting by the whole team. Can't wait to hear Keller's comments in the presser.
PurpleForever
Big time win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

If you download the FloHoops app, skip the register stuff, it will give you game previews. It's a small box to watch the game in with no sound, but it's better than nothing.

Or just check stats.

I used your trick to watch the whole second half while listening on 107. Thanks, Nacluth!
nacluth
Glad to help out!
nacluth

This team is shooting really well. Two games around 45% and two games at 63%. Offensive depth is looking really good.
djsfw57
The Jacks had TWELVE players score in the game. That shocked me more than most of the other stats. So many good things to say about what this team did today and how they did it. Quality was evident all around.
SFA, Class of 1979
jboy93
Who's up next?
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Who's up next?
Championship game tomorrow at 6:30 pm CST. Won't know until about 8:30 tonight who wins the Akron/Utah State game.
jflandis
jboy93 said:

Who's up next?

SFA plays the winner of the Utah State vs. Akron game that is scheduled for tonight at 7:30 PM.

Championship game will be tomorrow at 7:30 PM.
nacluth
Are you down there for the whole event?
jflandis
nacluth said:

Are you down there for the whole event?

Yes sir, I booked the package through Classic Travel that included the tickets and transportation. My family is the only ones from SFA that booked through the company, but the other teams have more fans that did.
nacluth
Thanks for representing! Glad you're having an enjoyable time!
jflandis
nacluth said:

Thanks for representing! Glad you're having an enjoyable time!

It's been totally worth it. And Coach Keller mentioned how well the SFA fans travelled. I've met a lot of great fans. Don and Gayle and Dr. Mark to name just a few. We have been loud and I can tell the players appreciate it. I got to meet most of them on the beach yesterday evening after the LMU game. They all went for a celebratory swim with some of our boosters.
nacluth

Worth seeing the minutes breakdown of this game. Great stat lines.
TallTexan
Our 7 foot center hit the most 3s for the game?

I'm reading that right?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Excellent start to the season.....and this team has only had a short time to play together and learn about each other. Makes me very hopeful for a successful season!!
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Our 7 foot center hit the most 3s for the game?

I'm reading that right?
they weren't guarding him out on the perimeter and we just tossed it out there and he started knocking down shots like he's been training to be Steph Curry his whole life.
nacluth
KenPom takes a huge jump up to a WAC best 67!
No-look
Depth and pressure.
Jacks1989
That's a huge jump. Jacks play either Akron or Utah State tomorrow night. Currently Kenpom has Akron #87 and Utah State #88
Jacks1989
Watched the game while at work today.

Just wanted to say that the Flohoops service has been really good. The service is so much better than last year. No comparison. They have replays and the commentators are really good.

Outstanding play for the Jacks today. Just all around great play by everyone. Love how this team plays together. Looks like we are really going to have a great year. Axe Em and let's win that Championship.
SFAXE93
nacluth
What a great post!
Rev007
After looking at the box score, Hall only played 12 minutes. I hope it's nothing to be concerned about.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Utah State edges Akron 65-62. Utah State has a post player, Osobor (#1), who is very athletic around the basket. 24 points and 11 rebounds. He will present a challenge to our big guys. Got to try to keep him away from the basket as much as possible.
No-look
65-62 I believe
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Utah State edges Akron 65-62. Utah State has a post player, Osobor (#1), who is very athletic around the basket. 24 points and 11 rebounds. He will present a challenge to our big guys. Got to try to keep him away from the basket as much as possible.
Great Osobor. 6'8" 250. Lived in Spain until he was 12. Prepped in England. First two years at Montana State.

Played 35 minutes yesterday and 33 tonight. Test his fitness.
SFASawmillGuy
Time to take all of our football frustration against the state of Utah out on Utah St.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.