SFA / Middle Tennessee State

4,684 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Jacks1989
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Southwick will be good. Dude is strong in the middle and has a pretty good shot. Missed some easy shots but made some hard clutch shots. Just needs more reps and consistency.

Overall the team looks good but very much like a team playing its first D1 game together. Lots of open looks they didn't even attempt and lots of wide open options they forewent to try and drive it in instead. As I said, I feel like Keller doesn't like the perimeter game because there were a ton of open 3s that weren't attempted, but that could also be the team needs more time to grow together. It's hard to accurately scrimmage when the starters are much better than the bench so it could take a few games of real time games to get it down.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Good points, Sawmill Guy.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Speaking of fouls, the streaming announcers kept saying over and over that Keller is fine with his players fouling. To me, that's a ridiculous statement. Players can be aggressive and not make a lot of fouls.

Ya. Some of those fouls towards the end of regulation/ot were ridiculous. Eliminate two or three of those fouls and we probably win that game.
Jacks1989
I wonder if Myles Jenkins will play Monday? Any updates on him?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.